Thread: Shotgun's Thoughts on Game

vCash

Shotgun's Thoughts on Game

- Fantastic effort today all the way around. Defense, offense, special teams. errrrrbdy

- How about getting it done on the OL with two freshman tackles. Throw in the group we will hopefully land this year, & it's hard to not feel pretty good about the future of that position

- Most efficient game of the year for Fitz. Played under control, didn't throw off his back foot, & made some good throws. Maybe he is a good QB.... He isn't perfect, but about 11 teams in this conference would kill to have him.

- Still want to see some of the WRs fight for the ball more. Couch appears to be emerging & Gabe does some nice things every now & again. It's just the complete lack of winning 50/50 balls that is demoralizing.

- Defense. I don't know what to say. That was over whelming. Fantastic job

- Keytaon has quicker feet than Fitz, slightly more burst, & about equal top end speed. Additionally, I think he throws a softer, more catchable pass than Fitz. Now, Fitz is obviously way better, more experienced, & a better current QB than Key, but Key will be absolutely NASTY in this offense. He should also have better WRs & a more talented to OL

- This team needs to find some big plays somewhere. Just difficult to consistently execute 12+ play drives. Someone will always screw up.

This team has found it's footing after the terrible games at UGA & Auburn. Due to sub-par talent at WR, we are limited on offense against top level teams, but we are getting better at doing what we do well & can do. I see absolutely no reason & there are no excuses for this team to not walk into Kyle Field next Saturday night & play a hell of a football game. There is no reason that we should play like we did at UGA or Auburn.

Next week is a HUGE, HUGE game for this season. Win it, & you are well on your way to 9 wins. NO EXCUSES. Have a great week of practice & let's go to A&M & play OUR football game. Have poise, play physical, & keep the ball in front. I think we are better than A&M but it's close. This is the battle for who is the 4th best team in this conference
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 10-21-2017 at 06:24 PM.

vCash
    Back breaker of the game was our opening drive of the second half. Almost eight minutes in length and we got 7.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    Back breaker of the game was our opening drive of the second half. Almost eight minutes in length and we got 7.
    That was as impressive a drive as I can remember. Doubly impressive considering two freshman tackles out there

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    - Fantastic effort today all the way around. Defense, offense, special teams. errrrrbdy

- How about getting it done on the OL with two freshman tackles. Throw in the group we will hopefully land this year, & it's hard to not feel pretty good about the future of that position

- Most efficient game of the year for Fitz. Played under control, didn't throw off his back foot, & made some good throws. Maybe he is a good QB.... He isn't perfect, but about 11 teams in this conference would kill to have him.

- Still want to see some of the WRs fight for the ball more. Couch appears to be emerging & Gabe does some nice things every now & again. It's just the complete lack of winning 50/50 balls that is demoralizing.

- Defense. I don't know what to say. That was over whelming. Fantastic job

- Keytaon has quicker feet than Fitz, slightly more burst, & about equal top end speed. Additionally, I think he throws a softer, more catchable pass than Fitz. Now, Fitz is obviously way better, more experienced, & a better current QB than Key, but Key will be absolutely NASTY in this offense. He should also have better WRs & a more talented to OL

- This team needs to find some big plays somewhere. Just difficult to consistently execute 12+ play drives. Someone will always screw up.

This team has found it's footing after the terrible games at UGA & Auburn. Due to sub-par talent at WR, we are limited on offense against top level teams, but we are getting better at doing what we do well & can do. I see absolutely no reason & there are no excuses for this team to not walk into Kyle Field next Saturday night & play a hell of a football game. There is no reason that we should play like we did at UGA or Auburn.

Next week is a HUGE, HUGE game for this season. Win it, & you are well on your way to 9 wins. NO EXCUSES. Have a great week of practice & let's go to A&M & play OUR football game. Have poise, play physical, & keep the ball in front. I think we are better than A&M but it's close. This is the battle for who is the 4th best team in this conference
    Only thing I disagree with is that THIS week was a HUGE HUGE game. Reassures us of a bowl game and the rest is just gravy.
    You hear those bells mother-fudder....an Air-RAID is coming and that is yo ass!

vCash
    We are extremely physical on both sides of the ball!

vCash
    2 talented freshmen tackles. The OL I saw today, looked to have played better together as a unit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tireddawg View Post
    2 talented freshmen tackles. The OL I saw today, looked to have played better together as a unit.
    I'm not a great OL evaluator, but it does seem as though we have some young talent there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    That was as impressive a drive as I can remember. Doubly impressive considering two freshman tackles out there
    Overcame a shit holding call too 2nd 16 at one point we converted and went down and scored.