Thread: Who is Cleveland Central?

vCash

Who is Cleveland Central?

Methinks this is the result of some consolidation that I missed. Seems to have turned out well for them athletically.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post
    Methinks this is the result of some consolidation that I missed. Seems to have turned out well for them athletically.
    Court ordered consolidation of Cleveland High and East Side.

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Court ordered consolidation of Cleveland High and East Side.
    This. The town is still a little divided over he matter. East Side will become the Middle School and CHS is the high school building. They are now the Cleveland Central High School. The kids have embraced it and are enjoying it as far as I can tell from family members with children in town.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Wonder if anyone was pissed over the name? ****

vCash
    Pretty good team, still undefeated, won last night.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRef View Post
    This. The town is still a little divided over he matter. East Side will become the Middle School and CHS is the high school building. They are now the Cleveland Central High School. The kids have embraced it and are enjoying it as far as I can tell from family members with children in town.
    I hope you are right but I've heard the opposite. I heard Bayou Academy has seen an influx.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasu Dackds View Post
    I hope you are right but I've heard the opposite. I heard Bayou Academy has seen an influx.
    You're right. Bayou Academy has seen an influx. But of those who are still in the system, they're okay with it after a semester of getting used to it. I think the parents are more butthurt over it than the kids. The kids just want to play and go to school.
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRef View Post
    You're right. Bayou Academy has seen an influx. But of those who are still in the system, they're okay with it after a semester of getting used to it. I think the parents are more butthurt over it than the kids. The kids just want to play and go to school.
    It's a shame because Cleveland and Starkville both have a chance to prove what can happen when people work together in that situation, which, let's just be honest, hasn't been very successful in Mississippi yet for whatever reason. But I can certainly see why people are pulling their kids out. I won't judge them because I'm not sure what I'd do in that situation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasu Dackds View Post
    It's a shame because Cleveland and Starkville both have a chance to prove what can happen when people work together in that situation, which, let's just be honest, hasn't been very successful in Mississippi yet for whatever reason. But I can certainly see why people are pulling their kids out. I won't judge them because I'm not sure what I'd do in that situation.
    It's successful on the coast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SailingDawg View Post
    It works in most places in NE Mississippi as well.

vCash
    The difference between those mergers and the Cleveland merger is that those were not court ordered from people OUTSIDE the state. East Side students and parents were happy about going to East Side. Cleveland High students and parents were happy about going to Cleveland. People from up north and outside the state were the ones who brought the suit.
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SailingDawg View Post
    Which of those communities are majority minority?