Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 247 Sports / Genespage melt down

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Bash Paul, bash Gene - shouldn’t someone bash Wardlaw now for old times sake?
    I'm still reaping the benefits on my lifetime subscription to BDJ. What a deal!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Why would I bash a guy that gave me a lifetime subscription?**

LOL Me either, Todd. I contacted Wardlaw about a refund and he was so calm and nice**. He never responded back. Imagine that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    I'm still reaping the benefits on my lifetime subscription to BDJ. What a deal!!!!

Me too, Hack, especially when the so-called merger happened and it was supposed to be the greatest MSU publication ever, if I remember right. After my Lifetime Membership expired I guess, and they were defunct, and Wardlaw skipped town, I was still reaping the benefits but I just didn't realize it.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 10-21-2017 at 09:01 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Bash Paul, bash Gene - shouldn?t someone bash Wardlaw now for old times sake?

Nahhh Wardlaw went on to better things! His ears wouldn't even be burning if we did, but i'm still waiting at the "Junction" for my Lifetime Membership refund. ****

vCash
    I've been a subscriber to 247 for about 4 or 5 years, matter of fact I just bought my nephew (another MSU grad) a year subscription. He is an avid fan and is young and starting a family, I bought it for him for Christmas. A free version of The Daily Biscuits is what got me hooked. I really enjoy recruiting news, I like 3 things I know and the open recruiting threads. Robbie does an excellent job with basket and baseball. I really don't need much football analysis as I have played enough and watched enough to form my own opinions. I occasionally look at SPS, but there is never anything that hooks me. Never miss Boneyard or most of BSR, in fact I bought 2 copies of Flim Flam, 1 for me and 1 for my brother. Then in February 2016 I found ED and it was on from there on! I use the same username on all sites even SECRant. I really haven't fully explored the expanded version of 247 yet, but it should be named HailState 247!

vCash
    Hell just out of curiosity after reading all this comment on this thread and it did not take long to find Gene Swindoll's post that set off this firestorm. I responded:
    Yep, 57 months ago, I did not sign up for gene's page I bought 247. I own 2-247 subscriptions mine and one I pay for my nephew. Gene Swindoll, I don't know you and I have never posted anything on your site. Scout went bankrupt, not CBS and you come over here like a damn dictator saying this is the law, when you ought to come over with hat in hand and be thankful some body saved your site. Now don't think I am a youngster, I was a freshman at MSU in 1973. Your attitude is very disturbing, this is a MSU fan site that is supported by our subscriptions and not your money. I like many others are willing to cancel our subscriptions if this type of dictatorial attitude continues. And rest assured when I contact your corporate office in my cancellation, I will fully explain the reason and your involvement.

vCash
    Jesus.

So I'm admittedly a young alumni and new to the MSU internet world, but christ I have a lot to learn. Haha.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Hell just out of curiosity after reading all this comment on this thread and it did not take long to find Gene Swindoll's post that set off this firestorm. I responded:
    Yep, 57 months ago, I did not sign up for gene's page I bought 247. I own 2-247 subscriptions mine and one I pay for my nephew. Gene Swindoll, I don't know you and I have never posted anything on your site. Scout went bankrupt, not CBS and you come over here like a damn dictator saying this is the law, when you ought to come over with hat in hand and be thankful some body saved your site. Now don't think I am a youngster, I was a freshman at MSU in 1973. Your attitude is very disturbing, this is a MSU fan site that is supported by our subscriptions and not your money. I like many others are willing to cancel our subscriptions if this type of dictatorial attitude continues. And rest assured when I contact your corporate office in my cancellation, I will fully explain the reason and your involvement.
    I agree in that I think if he would let the name go it would calm a lot of things down.

vCash
    Scout went bankrupt, not CBS and you come over here like a damn dictator saying this is the law, when you ought to come over with hat in hand and be thankful some body saved your site.
    CBS didn't save his site. It purchased Scout. His site was not owned by Scout, and could stand on its own as many sites do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JDog13 View Post
    CBS didn't save his site. It purchased Scout. His site was not owned by Scout, and could stand on its own as many sites do.
    I don?t doubt this at all; but I do wonder on a recruiting site, what recruiting rankings he would use.

On the name, the owner of the merger set the rules, right? He said most users, so I think Gene is within his rights even if the name is bad

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I don?t doubt this at all; but I do wonder on a recruiting site, what recruiting rankings he would use.

On the name, the owner of the merger set the rules, right? He said most users, so I think Gene is within his rights even if the name is bad
    As a stand alone site, they would not have access to a recruiting network. I looked at the name of the om site, and the 247 site is called the OMSpirit. So as usual, all these people bitching about Gene and the name don't know the whole story. I'm not taking up for big perm, but they were the only party in the negotiations with 247. They and the 247 guys are the only ones that know all the details.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JDog13 View Post
    As a stand alone site, they would not have access to a recruiting network. I looked at the name of the om site, and the 247 site is called the OMSpirit. So as usual, all these people bitching about Gene and the name don't know the whole story. I'm not taking up for big perm, but they were the only party in the negotiations with 247. They and the 247 guys are the only ones that know all the details.
    Hey JDog, I always enjoy your posts, you are really funny sometimes. But if it's Gene's way or the highway, I will cancel my 2 subscriptions and give the money to St. Jude's which i should be doing any way. Probably won't hurt anybody, but it is a damn shame because I have supported Paul and Robbie for 5 years.

vCash
    Hey JDog, I always enjoy your posts, you are really funny sometimes. But if it's Gene's way or the highway, I will cancel my 2 subscriptions and give the money to St. Jude's which i should be doing any way. Probably won't hurt anybody, but it is a damn shame because I have supported Paul and Robbie for 5 years.
    I feel the same way about Steve and David. I'd cancel the sub if they got pushed out and it was PJ & RF. Where are you hearing it's Gene's way or they highway? Looks pretty much the same as what they are doing company wide. I think you've gotten some bad info.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Thinks it prob about time to wrap the eating our own thread. The MSU way. Each side has shitty qualities and a few good qualities. Let’s move on down the road.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    Thinks it prob about time to wrap the eating our own thread. The MSU way. Each side has shitty qualities and a few good qualities. Let’s move on down the road.
    Hail State and ED!