Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 247 Sports / Genespage melt down

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jumbo View Post
    In 5 years. Which he pointed out today saying "the name of the site will remain as is until I move on in 5 years"
    did he really say this?

vCash
    Someone from 247 should interview Gene about his retirement plans.

Favorite movie theater?
    Favorite movie?
    Pizza toppings?

vCash
    I don't go anywhere but here. ED or nothing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    did he really say this?
    he did

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Someone from 247 should interview Gene about his retirement plans.

Favorite movie theater?
    Favorite movie?
    Pizza toppings?
    Excellent! LOL!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    All the pussies are on Genespage. And they're old.
    Watch it **

What is Jean's Page? **

vCash
    Gene has been saying he'd retire for years now and never does. He's the worst. I joined the scout site for 6 months to support Steve and it was horrible so i cancelled. Very little content and anything Dave writes is unreadable. Gene writes zero.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    All the pussies are on Genespage. And they're old.
    Not so. but I am old cooter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    did he really say this?
    He did, but made sure to say "whatever Steve wants to do after that is up to him". Making it as obvious as possible that Paul or Robbie don't have any authority on a site they basically built from nothing.

I was a member of scout WAAAAAAY back, was a member of 247 for years, always planned to go back eventually but now...I probably won't since I'm here now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    I still remember the Great Shutdown of Maine.

The board exploded. Even sunshine pumpers were pissed. So, Gene just shuts the site down for about 48 hrs so every one could cool down.

Cool down Gene? Maine beat us in our own stadium at night. MAINE!!!
    So Jean was the first to apply ?safe spaces?. I remember that, both The Maine and the shutdown.

Jean invented:
    1) JeansPaige
    2) SixPackSpeak
    3) SafeSpaces

He maybe as smart as he thinks he is...
    You're blind if you can't see improvement.....Freshmens......Strain.....Kick rocks and pound sand......Drag my Yankee ass outta here!......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    It looks like they merged the little kids table with the adult table for Thanksgiving dinner. I'm just going to eat outside.
    Perfect analogy. I will join you at the picnic table. I will bring whiskey and conversation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jumbo View Post
    GP has a lot more subscribers, but 247 is a hell of a lot more active.

I think Gene demanding that the GP name stay is pretty lame, but I am absolutely loving the meltdown.
    WRONG! Paul never leaves the Starkville area code to cover any MSU sports. He watches them on tv and them writes a story or 2. Steve travels 10x more then Paul or Robbie, and writes better articles as well. You might not like Gene, but their site does the real work.
    Last edited by Thick; 10-20-2017 at 04:43 PM.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thick View Post
    WRONG! Paul never leaves the Starkville area code to cover any MSU sports. He watches them on tv and them writes a story or 2. Steve travels 10x more then Paul or Robbie, and writes better articles as well. You might not like Gene, but their site does the real work.
    Think he was referring to the actual board being active.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Board wise it's not even a comparison. 247 is by far better

vCash
    My bad

Head Elitedawg Croot Reporter
    vCash
    Here’s the part that blows my mind. If anyone else in the business saw the meltdown it was causing they would compromise to keep everyone happy. Not Swindoll. He actually believes his ass is as important as Cohen.

But 247 folks will gain some stuff. Like videos of David and Steve. Which if you turn volume down, you will swear you are watching a Corey B Trotz commercial. “Lawyer Murray got me out of all my legal troubles for a fraction of the cost”.

vCash
    False. In my 25 years of sports writing, I have never written a game story based off a game I watched on TV. You are correct that I have not traveled to road games since I got on 247Sports except I do go to Alabama and Ole Miss (have not missed an Egg Bowl in 37 years) and covered those road games. During my 12 years in newspaper business, I had to travel all the time for road games and just kinda got burnt out on it.

If you have proof of a game story I wrote that I did not attend, please feel free to show it. If you can, you can try out the new site for free on me. Just don't appreciate someone who doesn't know me spreading falsehoods about me and my profession.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas_Dawg View Post
    Perfect analogy. I will join you at the picnic table. I will bring whiskey and conversation.
    Deal.

vCash
    I love me some Thick, but Paul > Rosie every day and twice on Sundays if for no other reason than ethical decency.

Some people are about themselves. Some are about things bigger than themselves.

vCash
    I had been a subscriber to 247 for a good while. Last year I subscribed to GP because of Steve and I got the good yearly + deal. My understanding was that the merger would be done during our football bi week. I just wonder how it will effect dual subscriptions, because my GP goes through April 2018 and I'm on a monthly one for 247?