Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 247 Sports / Genespage melt down

vCash

247 Sports / Genespage melt down

Have any of you gone over to the 247 site and read some of the posts slamming Gene? It's pretty funny. I spent my 6 months on Genespage and can see why this latest merger is pissing off the 247 subscribers. Like one poster said...most of the other sites started because MSU faithful were tired of Gene and bolted.

vCash
    Yeah it's pretty hilarious. I feel kind of bad for Paul and Robbie for having to deal with it but it will simmer down after awhile.

It seems to me like the biggest point of contention is naming the site Genespage despite the fact that they merged with 247.

vCash
    I still remember the Great Shutdown of Maine.

The board exploded. Even sunshine pumpers were pissed. So, Gene just shuts the site down for about 48 hrs so every one could cool down.

Cool down Gene? Maine beat us in our own stadium at night. MAINE!!!

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Yes and I am one of the ones pissed about the embarrassing name representing a MSU site. Maybe not pissed but irritated. Didnt 247 buy out Scout? The fact that Gene posted on Scout making it look like 247 would go away and Paul and Robbie would be joining his crew kind of rubbed me wrong. I hope I just took it wrong.
    Last edited by Dawg-gone-dawgs; 10-20-2017 at 01:26 PM.

vCash
    Which one had more subscribers before the merger?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Genespage by a mile.

vCash
    Look on the bright side. 24/7 subscribers now have access to writers that travel to games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post

GP has a lot more subscribers, but 247 is a hell of a lot more active.

I think Gene demanding that the GP name stay is pretty lame, but I am absolutely loving the meltdown.

vCash
    It looks like they merged the little kids table with the adult table for Thanksgiving dinner. I'm just going to eat outside.

vCash
    I am a subscriber to 247 and hence because of the merger Gene's page, but it appears that the two message boards remain different but accessed from the same site.

I did notice that Rosie said only 12 people had been banned in the last few years, and they were mostly reb trolls. It was edited by Gene, so who knows what Rosie had to say about it. I trust him a lot more than I do Gene.

Coach don't get fretful, edawgs is still my first love! I rarely go over there and when I do is because of trying to run down a rumor or what not.
    Last edited by shannondawg; 10-20-2017 at 01:42 PM.

vCash
    Hailstate takeover has to be liking this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    Yes and I am one of the ones pissed about the embarrassing name representing a MSU site. Maybe not pissed but irritated. Didnt 247 buy out Scout? The fact that Gene posted on Scout making it look like 247 would go away and Paul and Robbie would be joining his crew kind of rubbed me wrong. I hope I just took it wrong.
    Yeah, I'm trying to understand the dynamic. Everything I've read said that 247 bought out Scout. So, I'm assuming if 247 wanted the name changed that could happen. The audacity of Gene in some of his posts is quite amazing. He is clinging to that board name with all his mite. I left Genespage because of the way Steve would mouth off about Paul on 247. Everytime Steve was wrong or got scooped by Paul, he would attach Paul's credibility on a personal level.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JDog13 View Post
    Look on the bright side. 24/7 subscribers now have access to writers that travel to games.
    By the time they get their stories up it's Tuesday though

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    When the mergers started to take place on each board whichever site had the most members got to be the board name. The problem here is that the site with the most members has a name that has 0 to do with MSU sports.

vCash
    WTH? I left Jean's Paige years ago...now Jort's name is on 247? What is going on?

vCash
    All the pussies are on Genespage. And they're old.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    When the mergers started to take place on each board whichever site had the most members got to be the board name. The problem here is that the site with the most members has a name that has 0 to do with MSU sports.
    I personally liked the name suggested by a poster on 247. HailState247.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    By the time they get their stories up it's Tuesday though
    They show up on Sunday for me. Check with your isp.

vCash
    Sounds like Gene's ego is getting too big for his britches. Isn't he retiring or in the process of retiring? Guess he has to make sure his name lives on!! Can't actually let the board have some MSU associated name when he has his legacy to protect!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Sounds like Gene's ego is getting too big for his britches. Isn't he retiring or in the process of retiring? Guess he has to make sure his name lives on!! Can't actually let the board have some MSU associated name when he has his legacy to protect!

In 5 years. Which he pointed out today saying "the name of the site will remain as is until I move on in 5 years"