Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rebel Rags lawsuit

vCash

Angry Rebel Rags lawsuit

Judge denied motions to change venue and sever cases this morning. Kobe Jones's lawyer says they will appeal to the Supreme Court, Merkel says he expected that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Judge denied motions to change venue and sever cases this morning. Kobe Jones's lawyer says they will appeal to the Supreme Court, Merkel says he expected that.
    Why would a judge deny? It wasn't like Kobe and Leo would have been in the same room when interviewed by the NCAA. Those 2 interviews have nothing to do with each other. Sounds like they got a UM friendly judge and they knew it would be bullshit like that.

vCash
    great! they deny motions.....keep appealing all the way to supreme court. further proof Yancy, chuck, et al will all be in a nursing home before this case sees a courtroom....

Kobe and LL will have been retired from the NFL, and the Marlboro man's business will be a JC Penny's by then.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Why would a judge deny? It wasn't like Kobe and Leo would have been in the same room when interviewed by the NCAA. Those 2 interviews have nothing to do with each other. Sounds like they got a UM friendly judge and they knew it would be bullshit like that.
    The judge did his undergrad at MSU, his ruling states:This court finds defendants Jones and Lewis have been properly joined under Rule 20(a) as the relief asserted against these defendants arises from the same transaction, occurrence, or same series of transactions or occurrences, and common questions or law or fact to all parties will arise in action," Luther's ruling stated.

vCash
    Does Ole Miss really want this going to trial?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

I have no idea how it could go to court. LL and KJ made their claims to the NCAA in private and they have not gone on record since about the case. The NCAA published their NOA with names redacted as well as Rebel Rags business name redacted. Ole Miss is the ones that released the names in their response to the NCAA.

You can't sue LL and KJ for slander and lost business when they weren't the ones that made it public. Rebel Rags should be suing Ole Miss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msudawglb View Post
    Rebel Rags should be suing Ole Miss.
    Which is exactly what Terry Warren would do if he himself actually wanted to sue anyone. He's just being a good (dissociated) booster and doing the university's bidding. If it isn't thrown out first, I expect him to drop the suit once it becomes clear beyond a shadow of a doubt that it won't do OM any good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    Which is exactly what Terry Warren would do if he himself actually wanted to sue anyone. He's just being a good (dissociated) booster and doing the university's bidding. If it isn't thrown out first, I expect him to drop the suit once it becomes clear beyond a shadow of a doubt that it won't do OM any good.
    He's not dissociated. OM denies that it happened also. For the COI to figure out as it pertains to the NCAA case. Gonna be interesting to see how they rule on it.

And the whole thing of the lawsuit is the guy has to prove that not only did they conspire against him, but that his business has suffered because of it.

Hell, every State fan should order something for an Ole Miss buddy or family member for Christmas from them.
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    He's not dissociated. OM denies that it happened also. For the COI to figure out as it pertains to the NCAA case. Gonna be interesting to see how they rule on it.

And the whole thing of the lawsuit is the guy has to prove that not only did they conspire against him, but that his business has suffered because of it.

Hell, every State fan should order something for an Ole Miss buddy or family member for Christmas from them.
    That's correct and it is IMPOSSIBLE to prove that their business has been affected since the impending sanctions and self imposed sanctions have occurred contemporaneously with the RR/Leo incident. If anything hurt their business it is that.

I seriously doubt this sees a jury.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggie_Style View Post
    That's correct and it is IMPOSSIBLE to prove that their business has been affected since the impending sanctions and self imposed sanctions have occurred contemporaneously with the RR/Leo incident. If anything hurt their business it is that.

The RR idiot purchased a PLANE in October 2016. Seriously

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggie_Style View Post

My OM friend just said the other day, they don't go in RR on game days because it is so crowded.

The only slander going here is that against Lewis and Jones. I hope the COI takes into account OM has dragged these student athletes through the mud to save their own ass. They really need the death penalty to full understand and take responsibility for their actions.

Anyway...... surely this is dismissed when OM still can't prove in discovery a shred of knowledge who the other 15 John Does are. How the hell do you prove a conspiracy among at least 17 people when you don't know who 15 are. Ridiculous.

vCash
    No way fair trial there. Already saw people on Nafoom saying they hope they get picked for the jury.

vCash
    The conspiracy claim. The claim alleges a John Doe (allegedly Mullen) conspired with the named defendants and urged them to lie about RR. Not my words, read the order. That's the only claim keeping venue in Lafayette county.

The key is, without Miller as part of the conspiracy, venue is improper. That is the point I would make on appeal, because there is not even a scintilla of evidence, nor is it plausible (which is the standard at the motion to dismiss stage), not is it even alleged by RR, that Miller was part of a conspiracy led by Mullen.

Banned
    vCash
    He'll never prove damages. They could hold the trial on Mars. Lol

vCash
    The comments to this on SDS are hilarious. One idiot is saying Leo is looking at jail time. Another one is swearing once this case is won it will be used to overturn anything NCAA does to them.

To quote my late grandfather talking about the neighbors: "Those sons of bitches are crazy."

vCash
    I bet the University was channeling money to RR and RR was cooking the books and showing that as profit and probably storing that profit in red duffle bags hidden in rooms a the Inn. Now that the NCAA has come around, the University stopped sending money which is going to show that RR's profits are way down. Hence the lawsuit for damages.

vCash
    Didn't I see that Mar's bill was $250K for Nutt's lawsuit which LSharks had to pay? I wonder what RR's bill is going to be? Good luck getting it paid by Leo or Kobe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Good lord no!! Which amazes me that it's gotten this far! The discovery phase would be magical!!! A Tom Mars-esque link or two would cause them to drop it "with the quickness"!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    Good lord no!! Which amazes me that it's gotten this far! The discovery phase would be magical!!! A Tom Mars-esque link or two would cause them to drop it "with the quickness"!
    So RR would have to prove that Miller, Leo, and Kobe were instructed by "John Doe" to lie to the NCAA in an attempt to damage RR. What kind of proof do they think they can dig up? It isn't like he can use the photoshopped twitter message that Fancy was showing off. You would also need some type of motive since there is none. Why would Leo or Kobe want to risk their eligibility on lying to the NCAA to damage some random guy that runs a UM store? There is zero common sense in this lawsuit.

Although I guess it is the type of thing UM would try to do to MSU so I guess that is why they think it is possible. Kind of like Devinner getting in UM's pocket and saying whatever they could get to stick on Redmond. It is like that crazy spouse that is sure their significant other is cheating on them only to find out that they are banging the neighbor all along.

vCash
    So RR would have to prove that Miller, Leo, and Kobe were instructed by "John Doe" to lie to the NCAA in an attempt to damage RR. What kind of proof do they think they can dig up? It isn't like he can use the photoshopped twitter message that Fancy was showing off. You would also need some type of motive since there is none. Why would Leo or Kobe want to risk their eligibility on lying to the NCAA to damage some random guy that runs a UM store? There is zero common sense in this lawsuit.

Although I guess it is the type of thing UM would try to do to MSU so I guess that is why they think it is possible. Kind of like Devinner getting in UM's pocket and saying whatever they could get to stick on Redmond. It is like that crazy spouse that is sure their significant other is cheating on them only to find out that they are banging the neighbor all along.
    That is what they would have to prove for the conspiracy claim, that at least two of them conspired. But for venue to be proper in Lafayette county, they have to allege (and survive a motion to dismiss) that Miller was part of the conspiracy.

If not, by law the cases should be severed and LL and KJ cases transferred to okt county.