Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recruiting Question- Brownlee, West Point

vCash

Recruiting Question- Brownlee, West Point

I know it has been mentioned in passing on here a couple of times but haven't seen opinions or info from our more connected recruiting guys. Are we on this kid? 6-3, 175lbs definitely has the frame to carry more weight. Good hands, high points the ball well, runs pretty good routes, not afraid to lay out for a ball either, and not afraid to block. Not real sure on his speed but to me it really seems like he is a kid that could really help us out. West Point doesn't throw it around a whole lot but pretty much every game this kid has stood out. Forgot to add, he also plays defense so he's not afraid of contact.

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/jaso...bTA/videos.htm

vCash
    It might depend on Whop and what happens with the o-line recruits. Spots are tight.

Banned
    vCash
    kinda weird he's not on the main 247 "no pay" board.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    It might depend on Whop and what happens with the o-line recruits. Spots are tight.
    who are the remaining O-line croots Todd? is "Whop" the Carvin guy out of mempho? who are the others?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    You mean Genespage?

vCash
    I noticed that too. I ran a search on last name and 247 has him listed as "Jaden" instead of Jason and has no stats or info. Definitely weird.

vCash
    who are the remaining O-line croots Todd? is "Whop" the Carvin guy out of mempho? who are the others?
    "Whop" is a WR that was Key's former teammate. Believe his last name is Jason, could be wrong though.

vCash
    Whop is Devontae Jason (sp) receiver from KT's high school, Carvin is another guy.

vCash
    The secret recruit from Pennsylvania- Chris Bleich I believe is his name, Cole Smith, and maybe Hamilton Hall.

vCash

Carvin (guy from Memphis)
    Bleich
    Smith
    Hall

Whop is Devonta Jason, WR from LA.

vCash
    BUMP..... BUMP..... BUMP...

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Hopefully Brownlee heads to Juco & we can track him there.

vCash
    In the first half tonight he had 122 yards on 3 catches and I believe 2 tds. Haven't seen 2nd half stats yet. Didn't get to go tonight but seems West Point went pretty run heavy 2nd half

vCash
    Did ya notice a kid named Murphy? Hear he's a good'un

vCash
    My understanding it will be a BIG day at MSU today.
    Do have is a bit of information on:
    Marcus is a great young man and listed as #1 in the Dandy Dozen. He is very clean cut, resoectful and a very hard worker on and off the field.
    Brownlee is also a great student who works hard and puts forth much effort on the field and off.
    The talent that the coaches are able to develop at West Point is amazing. Love these young men. it will be interesting to watch what other outstanding young men come out of West Point High School.
    Big shout out to the coaches Thank You, for being the example these young men need.Thank you also for holding these guys to a higher standard on the field and in the classroom.
    Last edited by Mimi's Babies; 10-21-2017 at 05:56 AM.

vCash
    I don't know, but West Point is a pretty long trip for Gonzo and Hevesy....maybe they can work in a golf outing to justify their time....

vCash
    Brownlee is slow for a D1 receiver. He high points the ball very well and has really good body control. He's only emerged as a reliable guy this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    Brownlee is slow for a D1 receiver. He high points the ball very well and has really good body control. He's only emerged as a reliable guy this season.
    That is what they said about Jerry Rice. Only ran 4.6 too slow for D1 then too slow for NFL. BUt for some reason no one ever caught Him. Another slow ass receiver was Bear Wilson--all He did was catch the ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    That is what they said about Jerry Rice. Only ran 4.6 too slow for D1 then too slow for NFL. BUt for some reason no one ever caught Him. Another slow ass receiver was Bear Wilson--all He did was catch the ball.
    Big difference between 4.6 and 4.9.

Bear Wilson would prolly be a decent comparison except for the fact that bear is bigger and MUCH stronger. Not trashing the kid...he's gonna get his opportunity at JUCO and see how he develops.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post

That's who I think of when I watch Brownlee. Brownlee doesn't have the same size as bear from weight standpoint but he does have the frame for it. He will also block a kid through the sidelines like Bear. I will say this about Brownlee, he had several catches matched up on another one of our DB commits this season