Thread: Been reading Kentucky's message boards and they seem upset about the point spread....

vCash

Been reading Kentucky's message boards and they seem upset about the point spread....

They also seem upset about the disrespect they are getting from the Media. Very few are picking them to win. I understand how they feel because I usually feel that way about State. With that said I can understand the point spread and the disrespect.

First of all they are on the road and Davis Wade is not an easy out stadium. In fact most media foks feel it is one of the toughest places to play.

Second they have won five games which is real good but they have not blown anyone out. They have not won pretty. Seems all their games are still in doubt going into the 4th and this also applies to team they should have blown out. Our four wins have been run away games. State has done what it was suppose to do in those games. Kentucky has not.

Third many of the guys on this team were on last years team and they remember how they lost last season. I don't think they want a repeat. They will be fired up for this game. This is a important game to be able to play in the upper tier bowl game.
    Last edited by Jack Lambert; 10-20-2017 at 10:25 AM.

vCash
    Jay White said if UK had blown out USM and Eastern Kentucky he'd give them more respect. Eastern Kentucky was giving them a game.

vCash
    They are 5-1. They remind me of of us in 2012.

vCash
    “They believe”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    They are 5-1. They remind me of of us in 2012.
    This. We weren't a very good team that year, but our schedule set it up to make us look a little better than we truly were. Didn't play a single ranked team and played all 4 of our non conference in those first 7 games and they were big time cupcake games (except that road struggle at Troy which was . Played Auburn who went 3-9, UK, and Tennessee.

Very similar path through the first 6 for UK. 3 non conference cupcakes, Missouri, SC, and UF. They don't exactly have a rough road, but they could very easily go 9-3 with losses to us and UGA and beat Vandy, OM, UT, and Louisville. But they wouldn't be your run of the mill 9 win team that has good wins on their resume. They could end up playing only 2 ranked teams all year.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    They also seem upset about the disrespect they are getting from the Media. Very few are picking them to win. I understand how they feel because I usually feel that way about State. With that said I can understand the point spread and the disrespect.

First of all they are on the road and Davis Wade is not an easy out stadium. In fact most media foks feel it is one of the toughest places to play.

Second they have won five games which is real good but they have not blown anyone out. They have not won pretty. Seems all their games are still in doubt going into the 4th and this also applies to team they should have blown out. Our four wins have been run away games. State has done what it was suppose to do in those games. Kentucky has not.

Third many of the guys on this team were on last years team and they remember how they lost last season. I don't think they want a repeat. They will be fired up for this game. This is a important game to be able to play in the upper tier bowl game.
    One of the best posts about Saturday I've seen.

vCash
    The contrast in competition each team has played is pretty glaring.

vCash
    I hate if for them, but the line opened at 10 and is now 11-11.5. It takes a lot of money to move a line that much. Which means the professional big money people are taking MSU and they usually get it right.

vCash
    Then those *****s should load up with their bookie and even take the game ML..
    good luck

vCash
    I thought we would be favored by 6.5-7.5. I actually can't believe it's at -13 myself. That is too high.