Boy, not sure if I've ever seen a team get more mileage out of beating Vanderbilt.

Was thinking this morning about why I cheer against Ole Miss & here is what I got.

I typically cheer against Ole Miss because I fear that by them winning, they will become more attractive to recruits & thus propel their program forward.

However, regardless of tomorrow's outcome against LSU, that simply isn't going to happen.

For Ole Miss, tomorrow's game vs LSU is just 60 minutes of football that are virtually meaningless to the future of their program. Even with a win, they are no more attractive to recruits than they are right now. There is nothing about tomorrow's game that can help advance their program. In fact, a win may help Luke get the job & set them back.

So much about winning has to do with building momentum & the hope that by winning a big game, your program will turn the corner & take things to the next level.

That simply can't happen tomorrow &, if by winning tomorrow, Ole Miss is closer hiring Luke full time & a Rebel wife doesn't get beat, then I can think of worse things in the world.

Plainly.... the game is meaningless.