Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I Couldn't Care Less if OM Beats LSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vv83 View Post
    Yeah screw that, I want LSU to bend them over and go in dry. LSU is our only quality win so far this year, we should be pulling for them to beat every team they play
    Plus, if LSU does really well for the rest of the year, we will fully complete the trifecta following up the Dan hasn't beaten a ranked team:

(1) Dan hasn't beaten a ranked team that remained in the top 25 at the end of the season.
    (2) Dan hasn't beaten a ranked team that remained in the top 20 at the end of the season.
    (3) Dan hasn't beaten a team that remained in the top 20 at the end of the season that was good when we played them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    I think we should be pulling against them because another win would give them a ton of momentum going into a long stretch of very winnable games. We don't want them coming into the Egg Bowl with good morale because as horrible as they might be, they have enough of a passing game to beat us if we're not playing our best game.
    ^^^^THIS^^^^^^

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Boy, not sure if I've ever seen a team get more mileage out of beating Vanderbilt.

Was thinking this morning about why I cheer against Ole Miss & here is what I got.

I typically cheer against Ole Miss because I fear that by them winning, they will become more attractive to recruits & thus propel their program forward.

However, regardless of tomorrow's outcome against LSU, that simply isn't going to happen.

For Ole Miss, tomorrow's game vs LSU is just 60 minutes of football that are virtually meaningless to the future of their program. Even with a win, they are no more attractive to recruits than they are right now. There is nothing about tomorrow's game that can help advance their program. In fact, a win may help Luke get the job & set them back.

So much about winning has to do with building momentum & the hope that by winning a big game, your program will turn the corner & take things to the next level.

That simply can't happen tomorrow &, if by winning tomorrow, Ole Miss is closer hiring Luke full time & a Rebel wife doesn't get beat, then I can think of worse things in the world.

Plainly.... the game is meaningless.
    I disagree that if Ole Miss wins it can't advance their program. If a recruit is at the game and Ole Miss wins and its a good atmosphere it will make an impression on the recruit. We all assume the COI is going to add to the bowl ban and scholarship reductions but if they don't add to the bowl ban and Ole Miss has a decent year then they will have definitely advanced their program by winning games like the LSU game.
    That being said, the more I think about it the Vandy game was just fools gold for Ole Miss. LSU is going to run it down their throat and the defense is going to hammer on Shea Shea. LSU is going to get some pressure and he is going to take off at the first sign of trouble and he is going to be punished.

vCash
    I care. First because I want OM to lose everything they do. Second because I want LSU to keep winning so people will respect that we beat them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Boy, not sure if I've ever seen a team get more mileage out of beating Vanderbilt.

Was thinking this morning about why I cheer against Ole Miss & here is what I got.

I typically cheer against Ole Miss because I fear that by them winning, they will become more attractive to recruits & thus propel their program forward.

However, regardless of tomorrow's outcome against LSU, that simply isn't going to happen.

For Ole Miss, tomorrow's game vs LSU is just 60 minutes of football that are virtually meaningless to the future of their program. Even with a win, they are no more attractive to recruits than they are right now. There is nothing about tomorrow's game that can help advance their program. In fact, a win may help Luke get the job & set them back.

So much about winning has to do with building momentum & the hope that by winning a big game, your program will turn the corner & take things to the next level.

That simply can't happen tomorrow &, if by winning tomorrow, Ole Miss is closer hiring Luke full time & a Rebel wife doesn't get beat, then I can think of worse things in the world.

Plainly.... the game is meaningless.
    "Plainly.... the game is meaningless." In my best Donald Trump voice, Wrong! It's important for many reasons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Ole Miss usually beats LSU when Ole Miss is up for the game and LSU isn't. That won't be an issue as long as Coach O is at LSU.
    They usually beat LSU when LSU tries to get cute and just doesn't run it down their throats. Just like the only way they beat Bama in 14
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    I think LSU will win, and I want them to, but I also think the Bears have pretty formidable offense that can score a lot. Hopefully LSU can score more than they do. It might look like a Big 12 no defense game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    They usually beat LSU when LSU tries to get cute and just doesn't run it down their throats. Just like the only way they beat Bama in 14
    Yep. If LSU commits to run, they will win. I think they do and they do

vCash
    I just wonder if it would hurt OM more, from a psychological point of view, if they have a record where they would be bowl eligible, as for as wins go, but still can't go to a bowl or to have a losing record, and not even be bowl eligible if the bowl ban wasn't in place? My thinking is they may be upset more if they have the record and can't go. To me it just reinforces that they have a bowl ban in their minds. Just something to ponder.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jumbo View Post
    I care. First because I want OM to lose everything they do. Second because I want LSU to keep winning so people will respect that we beat them.

Agree on both of your comments.

vCash
    The best OM is a defeated OM.

Go Tigers!

Whoop them Bearsharts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I want Ole Miss to lose every single game.
    I root for AU & UT vs OM... because a goodly portion of their fanbase acts like a lot of Bammer fans... with zero justification.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Why cheer against them?

They put the “Do” in douchebags.

If the situation was reversed they would be standing at the city limits ofStarkville, shovels in hand, to bury us once the NCAA announces sanctions. Also, I suspect the REASON the douche was invented was so early Americans could reference a person from UNM as being a douchebag.

Lastly, they are douchebags.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    I just wonder if it would hurt OM more, from a psychological point of view, if they have a record where they would be bowl eligible, as for as wins go, but still can't go to a bowl or to have a losing record, and not even be bowl eligible if the bowl ban wasn't in place? My thinking is they may be upset more if they have the record and can't go. To me it just reinforces that they have a bowl ban in their minds. Just something to ponder.
    There are many mental cases involved at that school. Every game they play is a bowl game according to them.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    I think you are over thinking it. never wish joy on tsun because a win tomorrow would do just that. a winning season would give them a ray of hope and we just shouldn't be pulling for that in any way shape form or fashion. having said that, an ass whooping today will get that spiral heading back in the right direction which is downward.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    It's just you and I thought better and changed it to a prediction of the game.
    No, it?s not

vCash
    After careful calculation and soul searching, I could only come up with one conclusion. GTHOM!!!!!!
    "I ring cowbells at ballgames."

Banned
    vCash
    I don't really care for the thread's title, but at any rate, GTHOM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    I think you are over thinking it. never wish joy on tsun because a win tomorrow would do just that. a winning season would give them a ray of hope and we just shouldn't be pulling for that in any way shape form or fashion. having said that, an ass whooping today will get that spiral heading back in the right direction which is downward.

Yep, I probably am. Anyway my favorite team that I want to win is the team that is playing OM.

Banned
    vCash
    another good reason to pull for LSU today.