Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Why is CBS Televising Tennessee/ Alabama This Weekend?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    The games are boring but Bama has probably brought each SEC team an extra $50 mill alone in the last decade just because their value demands a top dollar contract from the TV Networks. Bama can play in whatever time slot on whatever channel they wish as far as I'm concerned because of this. Sure our entertainment takes a hit each Saturday but we ain't gonna give CBS/ESPN $50+ mill back so we can have more entertaining games.
    take my Bammer money and but me some waterfalls, dangit

"It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Anyone see the photo on Nafoom a few months back showing the alleged bama players' parking lot? All new looking BMWs and Mercedes with oversize rims. I think the webels were implying the bama guys don't get just tuition and books! I do agree that it took UNM cheating big-time with a lot of luck to win those two in a row. BTW, I thought my adding ****** to my post about bama and the Browns let you know that I was kidding.
    They're nuts, but I don't think anyone can argue Bama does not have plenty of advantages and gets benefit of the doubt on any type of controversy.

vCash
    Alabama is the Texas of the SEC. They control everything. Our game with them is our one CBS game every year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Token Bammer View Post
    Maybe that's true for you, but the thing that matters to CBS is money, and BAMA brings the ratings/money. The network of CBS doesn't mind BAMA winning at all.

And you can't blame BAMA for all the other schools in the conference being mediocre this season. Well, except for Georgia, but Georgia isn't ready for Alabama yet and everyone will know it come December.
    Two things we can count on ( the condescending arrogance of the Bama fan ) and for CBS to be sucking Bama dick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    My other problem with CBS is that because they have locked themselves into carrying certain games every year. They've created a virtual monopoly for certain schools to remain national brands.

Bama/ LSU
    UGA / Florida
    Bama/ Auburn
    Bama/ TN
    UGA/ Auburn
    Bama @ crappy SEC East school.
    Isn't there a rule that CBS can only have five games involving the same school? Isn't that how we ended up the 2:30 cbs game in 2014 and the iron bowl was late that night on espn?

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    I get that they just want the overall rating m, but sheesh, what a brutal game to call the best option of the week.

Thank goodness the SEC added the 3:00 SEC Network game.

Bama has become so overly dominate that they've basically ruined the 2:30 time slot while making the SEC an absolutely non-competitive conference.

CBS literally chose to air a game this weekend that won't be within 3 scores after the first quarter.
    So GD can slobber over Alabama like normal for all to see.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by louisvilledawg View Post
    Isn't there a rule that CBS can only have five games involving the same school? Isn't that how we ended up the 2:30 cbs game in 2014 and the iron bowl was late that night on espn?
    This is correct

vCash
    My other problem with CBS is that because they have locked themselves into carrying certain games every year. They've created a virtual monopoly for certain schools to remain national brands.

Bama/ LSU
    UGA / Florida
    Bama/ Auburn
    Bama/ TN
    UGA/ Auburn
    Bama @ crappy SEC East school.
    Easy fix find a way to beat some of those teams like we did in 14. You listed about half of the conference....It is what it is. Generally those games you listed are going to be the best games of the season for CBS to pick as far as ratings go. They aren't in the make everyone happy business. They are in the making money business and all of those schools have huge fan bases nation wide. I would be willing to bet UT/Bama still gets some of the highest ratings this weekend.

No point in bitching about it. Only way it changes is if someone not listed finds a way to start winning.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    Two things we can count on ( the condescending arrogance of the Bama fan ) and for CBS to be sucking Bama dick.
    First, Roll Tide.

Second, I see where you're coming from, but I've never known truth telling to either be condescending or arrogant. I'm certainly not trying to be either, but simply state the facts. To quote the Saban, "it is what it is".

vCash
    Bama has been fortunate to have had Two of the best coaches in the history of college football. Bama will do what is necessary to keep this going no matter the cost. The only time I remember Bama not doing this is the hiring of "SHULA". So token I think you and Tusk could agree with that. I know you don't want to go back to the Shula years.