Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why is CBS Televising Tennessee/ Alabama This Weekend?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Token Bammer View Post
    I wasn't defending Alabama. You made a ridiculous comment about CBS/BAMA and I was simply pointing out the obvious.

A lot of your posts about BAMA are whining. Rather than take a stance that MSU or the rest of the SEC need to get better, you'd rather take Alabama down some other way to level the playing field. This isn't NASCAR, and there are no restrictor plates.
    How exactly is the rest of the conference supposed to get better?

Is there some untapped region of the country that a bunch of 4 and 5 star recruits are hiding out?
    Who else are we supposed to recruit?

Yes, it is whining because Bama has ruined a ton of the passion in this great conference. Sure, I want see MSU win an SEC title in my life time, but that currently has absolutely no 17ing chance of happening.

What kind of league is that good for?

There is no race, no drama, stadiums that are only 3/4s full, etc.

And now, to top it all off, in the prime TV slot each week, we watch massacres that are the equivalent of Billy Madison playing dodge ball vs 1st graders.

I apologize for desiring more entertainment in the sport I love. I'd never expect you understand that though
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 10-19-2017 at 07:34 PM.

vCash
    Would Bama fans accept a banner declaring their program the best of all time, and then let everyone else have their conference back?

The current situation is a terrible business model long term.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

Is there some untapped region of the country that a bunch of 4 and 5 star recruits are hiding out?

Yes, it is whining because Bama has ruined a ton of the passion in this great conference. Sure, I want see MSU win an SEC title in my life time, but that currently has absolutely no 17ing chance of happening.

What kind of league that good for?

And now, to top it all off, in the prime TV slot each week, we watch massacres that are the equivalent of Billy Madison playing dodge ball vs 1st graders.
    Gun, it’ll be over soon. Dynasties happen, then they die.

FWIW, I don’t disagree with how “boring “ it’s become, but I’d be lying it I said I wasn’t enjoying the success.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    I once accepted you... but your apparent need to defend the greatest football program in history seems a little overboard
    I didn?t mean to come off as ?defensive ?, buddy. Sorry.

No.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    Gun, it?ll be over soon. Dynasties happen, then they die.

FWIW, I don?t disagree with how ?boring ? it?s become, but I?d be lying it I said I wasn?t enjoying the success.
    Idk Tusk, this the longest, most boring one I've seen.

It'll obviously end someday, but I'm currently not seeing cracks.

Bama may have the first dynasty with marginal QB play, which is concerning because it means the talent levels are nowhere close.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 10-19-2017 at 07:42 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Are you old enough to remember when there were only one or two games on at all nationwide every week? We were lucky if maybe 4-5 SEC games made it on at all.....all year. It was basically the same games every stinking year. The Third Saturday in October was one of them. Nebraska-Oklahoma, Texas-Oklahoma, USC-Norte Dame, Michigan-Ohio State, Alabama-UT were on EVERY year. You could count on most other games featuring at least one of those teams or maybe Penn State. It was a BIG deal back then if you weren't one of the chosen few if you made it on TV.
    Back in the 70's Okie Neb and the ND USC games were the best games of the year.

Banned
    vCash

What kind of league is that good for?

I apologize for desiring more entertainment in the sport I love. I'd never expect you understand that though
    LSU, UF, and AU have all won championships since Saban arrived in Tuscaloosa back in 2007. AU played for another and almost won in 2013, and UGA would have mudholed Notre Dame just like BAMA did in 2012 had they squeezed by BAMA in the greatest SECCG of all-time. That's not too shabby. Now, the SEC has really fallen off the last two seasons, and that does have something to do with BAMA, but the main issue is coaching. Coaches have left the SEC, and that has hurt its overall strength. However, asTUSK mentioned, the run will be over soon and things will stabilize some, but BAMA will likely hire Dabo and Dabo will be a beast at UA. He won't be Saban. No. But he will be good. Programs in the SEC need to pay coaches to come, and then coaches have to be willing to stand in the pocket and exchange blows with Saban like Kirby Smart is willing to do at UGA. Kirby may get knocked out in the end, but he's willing to duke it out.

For the record, I think Mullen is a solid coach and I would be proud of the job he has done if I were a MSU guy. If he stays at MSU (I think he will) for 10 more years, it's going to be interesting what he can do at State down the road. Plus, he's surely going to get a recruiting boost from OM being put in handcuffs come December.

Gun, it?ll be over soon. Dynasties happen, then they die.

FWIW, I don?t disagree with how ?boring ? it?s become, but I?d be lying it I said I wasn?t enjoying the success.
    I agree, TUSK.

vCash

FWIW, I don’t disagree with how “boring “ it’s become, but I’d be lying it I said I wasn’t enjoying the success.
    Funny thing about the Bama dynasty is that it died for a while and then roared back with a vengence. That's very frustrating to the rest of us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkernhelldawg View Post
    Funny thing about the Bama dynasty is that it died for a while and then roared back with a vengence. That's very frustrating to the rest of us.
    If my daddy hadn’t raised me a Bammer since I was knee high to a grasshopper, I’d dislike em, too. Heck, I dislike a lot of those bandwagonneer type fans, now!

No.

vCash
    I didn?t mean to come off as ?defensive ?, buddy. Sorry.
    No point in even trying to defend the situation from an entertainment standpoint Tusk. Its not just Bama winning at this point but the way Bama is winning. 59-0, 66-3, 41-9, boy that's some real entertainment value there. You may enjoy seeing your team beat the crap out of a different team every week but most college football fans are not interested in watching it. Guess A&M should be given some sort of a medal for at least keeping that one game within 2 scores.

vCash
    Beardo, can you insert a “Are you not entertained?” Meme on my behalf?

No.

vCash
    because they're astute in knowing that many sports fans are blood thirsty....a mauling on the field and a scrutiny over a corch who is about to be fired off and an acheiving midget...sideshow appeal

vCash
    Why?

Ole Miss vs LSU wouldn't also bring good ratings?
    I think it would have higher ratings. Out side the pawning the mobile home to buy Bama tickets football world, everyone else has Bama fatigue.

vCash

This. Even if Saban coaches himself death, he can't live forever.

And these things go in cycles. I remember when the West struggled to stay on par with the East. It also wasn't all that long ago that Tennessee won seven straight over Bama.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Cocktail Party is already the CBS 230pm game every year before any other times are set if you pay attention during the summer. I would imagine UT-Bamais more or less preset unless given a really compelling reason for another game 12 days out.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I think it would have higher ratings. Out side the pawning the mobile home to buy Bama tickets football world, everyone else has Bama fatigue.
    Not this year. Nobody outside of Louisiana and Mississippi would want to watch it. Bama is #1 and that’s an automatic audience. The “Magnolia Bowl” hasn’t been relevant but once since integration. Bama-UT was pre-Saben. That was not nearly as far back. Billy Cannon and Jake Gibbs played a LONG time ago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Not this year. Nobody outside of Louisiana and Mississippi would want to watch it. Bama is #1 and that’s an automatic audience. The “Magnolia Bowl” hasn’t been relevant but once since integration. Bama-UT was pre-Saben. That was not nearly as far back. Billy Cannon and Jake Gibbs played a LONG time ago.
    This is a lot correct.

No.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    No point in even trying to defend the situation from an entertainment standpoint Tusk. Its not just Bama winning at this point but the way Bama is winning. 59-0, 66-3, 41-9, boy that's some real entertainment value there. You may enjoy seeing your team beat the crap out of a different team every week but most college football fans are not interested in watching it. Guess A&M should be given some sort of a medal for at least keeping that one game within 2 scores.
    This.

It's not the Bama winning that bothers me. What bothers me is the complete lack of competition on the field.

If Bama was pulling out close games, like they did in 92, I'm all in because every fan base walks in the stadium with hope.

Right now though, there is no hope. No one can reasonably believe they have a shot in hell at beating them now and that's not good for the sport.

vCash
    I live 5 miles from the the Franklin, Co., AL, line. Lots of true bama fans in our church including my wife's family (she's a dawg now). Last Sunday I asked a true bama fan(good guy) didn't he get bored watching boring bama games that were so non-competitive. I also asked him how he stayed interested until the playoffs. His reply was,"haters gonna hate", and he meant it. His whole expression changed as he honestly got very defensive. So now I guess we have to also love their dominance and love them also. Sorry, but it has ruined the SEC and college football as a whole in my opinion. There is a reason there are empty seats in many SEC stadiums. Not much fun always playing (hopefully) for 2nd place in the West and no hope for an Eastern team as a also ran in the SEC title game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Token Bammer View Post
    LSU, UF, and AU have all won championships since Saban arrived in Tuscaloosa back in 2007. AU played for another and almost won in 2013, and UGA would have mudholed Notre Dame just like BAMA did in 2012 had they squeezed by BAMA in the greatest SECCG of all-time. That's not too shabby. Now, the SEC has really fallen off the last two seasons, and that does have something to do with BAMA, but the main issue is coaching. Coaches have left the SEC, and that has hurt its overall strength. However, asTUSK mentioned, the run will be over soon and things will stabilize some, but BAMA will likely hire Dabo and Dabo will be a beast at UA. He won't be Saban. No. But he will be good. Programs in the SEC need to pay coaches to come, and then coaches have to be willing to stand in the pocket and exchange blows with Saban like Kirby Smart is willing to do at UGA. Kirby may get knocked out in the end, but he's willing to duke it out.

For the record, I think Mullen is a solid coach and I would be proud of the job he has done if I were a MSU guy. If he stays at MSU (I think he will) for 10 more years, it's going to be interesting what he can do at State down the road. Plus, he's surely going to get a recruiting boost from OM being put in handcuffs come December.

I agree, TUSK.
    We should go INDEP. Play BYU, ND, Army, AF, Navy, UT, AU, and 5 directional programs.

Then, the bitchin’ would really commence...

No.