Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is CBS Televising Tennessee/ Alabama This Weekend?

vCash

Why is CBS Televising Tennessee/ Alabama This Weekend?

I get that they just want the overall rating m, but sheesh, what a brutal game to call the best option of the week.

Thank goodness the SEC added the 3:00 SEC Network game.

Bama has become so overly dominate that they've basically ruined the 2:30 time slot while making the SEC an absolutely non-competitive conference.

CBS literally chose to air a game this weekend that won't be within 3 scores after the first quarter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I get that they just want the overall rating m, but sheesh, what a brutal game to call the best option of the week.

Thank goodness the SEC added the 3:00 SEC Network game.

Bama has become so overly dominate that they've basically ruined the 2:30 time slot while making the SEC an absolutely non-competitive conference.

CBS literally chose to air a game this weekend that won't be within 3 scores after the first quarter.
    Money.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    My other problem with CBS is that because they have locked themselves into carrying certain games every year. They've created a virtual monopoly for certain schools to remain national brands.

Bama/ LSU
    UGA / Florida
    Bama/ Auburn
    Bama/ TN
    UGA/ Auburn
    Bama @ crappy SEC East school.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    Money.
    Yeah. I acknowledged that. It's ruining the product though. Terrible games.

vCash

Yes it is...

Yeah. I acknowledged that. It's ruining the product though. Terrible games.
    the only people watching 80% of Bama games televised are Bama fans and maybe the opposing fanbase for a quarter because they are stinker games. Now granted that's the largest football fanbase in the SEC but who wants to watch a game that's a near guarantee to be a blowout. Seriously, if Bama isn't playing another Top 10 team there isn't much entertainment value in watching it. Heck, I don't even want to watch MSU play Bama and haven't watched a Bama game on TV all year. Will always watch any other game opposite game that might be competitive. No doubt the current Bama dominance is ruining the SEC product for most all SEC fans except Bama fans.

vCash
    My other problem with CBS is that because they have locked themselves into carrying certain games every year. They've created a virtual monopoly for certain schools to remain national brands.

Bama/ LSU
    UGA / Florida
    Bama/ Auburn
    Bama/ TN
    UGA/ Auburn
    Bama @ crappy SEC East school.
    Are you old enough to remember when there were only one or two games on at all nationwide every week? We were lucky if maybe 4-5 SEC games made it on at all.....all year. It was basically the same games every stinking year. The Third Saturday in October was one of them. Nebraska-Oklahoma, Texas-Oklahoma, USC-Norte Dame, Michigan-Ohio State, Alabama-UT were on EVERY year. You could count on most other games featuring at least one of those teams or maybe Penn State. It was a BIG deal back then if you weren't one of the chosen few if you made it on TV.

vCash
    CBS really needs Bama to regress so that they can have more competitive games.

This garbage is extremely old

Banned
    vCash
    CBS really needs Bama to regress so that they can have more competitive games.

This garbage is extremely old
    Maybe that's true for you, but the thing that matters to CBS is money, and BAMA brings the ratings/money. The network of CBS doesn't mind BAMA winning at all.

And you can't blame BAMA for all the other schools in the conference being mediocre this season. Well, except for Georgia, but Georgia isn't ready for Alabama yet and everyone will know it come December.
    Last edited by Token Bammer; 10-19-2017 at 06:37 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Token Bammer View Post
    Maybe that's true for you, but the thing that matters to CBS is money, and BAMA brings the ratings/money. The network of CBS doesn't mind BAMA winning at all.

And you can't blame BAMA for all the other schools in the conference being mediocre this season. Well, except for Georgia, but Georgia isn't ready for Alabama yet and everyone will know it come December.
    I think those displeased with CBS/espn re: Bammer should just send back the check.

No.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Token Bammer View Post

Bama + competitive games = more money for CBS. Right?

vCash
    Bama + competitive games = more money for CBS. Right?
    What’s your solution? Bama could spot other teams a couple of scores. Maybe start the 2nd team?

No.

vCash
    I think those displeased with CBS/espn re: Bammer should just send back the check.
    Why?

Ole Miss vs LSU wouldn't also bring good ratings?

Why do you two feel the need to comment in this thread?

Your team already beats all of ours to hell and back. Why do you also feel the need to take over our message boards.

How could Bama fans possibly be that insecure?

vCash
    Why?

Ole Miss vs LSU wouldn't also bring good ratings?

Why do you two feel the need to comment in this thread?

Your team already beats all of ours to hell and back. Why do you also feel the need to take over our message boards.

How could Bama fans possibly be that insecure?
    Ironic.

No.

vCash
    What’s your solution? Bama could spot other teams a couple of scores. Maybe start the 2nd team?
    I don't have one other than promoting other programs. The truth though is that the current competition level for the SEC Title in this conference sucks and can't be good for business

vCash
    Ironic.
    I once accepted you... but your apparent need to defend the greatest football program in history seems a little overboard

vCash
    I actually think Bama loses one SEC game this season. Auburn has the best chance, but I'm not counting us out until we're down three scores.

vCash
    Alabama-Tennessee is one of those grand old traditional games man. If I wasn't going to ours I would probably watch it. Now if UT doesn't get its act together soon most people younger than me won't remember it as a classic game. The Confederates and LSU was one of those too.....but you have to be a lot older than me to remember when it was due to Ole Miss not really being relevant since integration.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkernhelldawg View Post
    I actually think Bama loses one SEC game this season. Auburn has the best chance, but I'm not counting us out until we're down three scores.
    UGA is the only one with any real shot.

Banned
    vCash
    I once accepted you... but your apparent need to defend the greatest football program in history seems a little overboard
    I wasn't defending Alabama. You made a ridiculous comment about CBS/BAMA and I was simply pointing out the obvious.

A lot of your posts about BAMA are whining. Rather than take a stance that MSU or the rest of the SEC need to get better, you'd rather take Alabama down some other way to level the playing field. This isn't NASCAR, and there are no restrictor plates.

vCash
    The real solution is a LITTLE more competitive recruiting but that is not likely to happen. For example, over the last 4 years Bama has signed 80 four or five star rated recruits while State has signed 17. Even Auburn and Georgia were only around 55. If I went out on the playground and got to pick my entire team before you even hardly picked your first player SHOULDN'T I beat you like a drum?