Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Dude Renderings are Up

vCash
    Is there a link to the new promo video anywhere other than twitter?

vCash
    Not sure if true but I heard there will be a Polk statue but the stadium will be renamed to the highest bidder to pay for it.

vCash
    Looks incredible! Only one real complaint is about the open metal staircase towards the centerfield side on the lofts. Just not a huge fan of open metal staircases like that. Also seems like a lot of wasted space and concrete over the right field wall but maybe it will be more crowded than I'm imagining.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Cohen has said it is a Phase 1 of the lofts, so another building could be added if demand is there
    I never noticed this before, but the earlier rendering of the lofts looks like two separate buildings against each other, like building one at a time was always an option

P.S. RIP view from the covered backstop club (see my earlier post in this thread)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MedDawg View Post
    I never noticed this before, but the earlier rendering of the lofts looks like two separate buildings against each other, like building one at a time was always an option

P.S. RIP view from the covered backstop club (see my earlier post in this thread)

If I win PowerBall Saturday night, my first purchase is a LF Loft.

vCash
    There needs to be a large pennant on top of each of the two large brick columns that frame the front entrance and smaller pennants around the stadium (maybe on each brick column). At the starship entrance, small pennants on top of each of the brick columns.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    If the Polk section doesn't have a picture of him and his typewriter in it, it would be a travesty.
    Is there enough room to give this treatment to "The Letter"? Not sure how much wall area is needed for 18 single-spaced pages***

Last edited by AusTexDawg; 10-20-2017 at 01:56 PM. Reason: fix image

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AusTexDawg View Post
    Is there enough room to give this treatment to "The Letter". Not sure how much wall area is needed for 18 single-spaced pages***

That would be awesome! And hilarious. Polk's friends would probably never allow it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AusTexDawg View Post
    Is there enough room to give this treatment to "The Letter". Not sure how much wall area is needed for 18 single-spaced pages***

My favorite line in that article has always been "the first four pages are largely spent pleading with readers not to put down the letter"

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgFromOxford View Post
    Looks incredible! Only one real complaint is about the open metal staircase towards the centerfield side on the lofts. Just not a huge fan of open metal staircases like that. Also seems like a lot of wasted space and concrete over the right field wall but maybe it will be more crowded than I'm imagining.
    My guess is the staircases are fire escapes

vCash
    What are the cost/fees/donations on the lofts?

Quote Originally Posted by Steakonastick View Post
    The statues are going to be around 9ft tall of Clark and Palmerio. Polk will have a section of the right field entryway as his achievements.

4 of the 12 lofts have been sold. The top floor of the lofts will be a party deck/event space that can be rented.

The backstop?s name has changed to the Triple Crown Room.

vCash
    An MSU hotel with a restaurant on Top should be a year round moneymaker ... Cornell has a great hotel in the middle of campus ... serve a Brazilian breakfast on game days, like the Hilton Morumbi

vCash
    Aren't they planning on renaming the Backstop Club something like the All Star Club (or maybe it was the Triple Crown Club)? I read that somewhere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    An MSU hotel with a restaurant on Top should be a year round moneymaker ... Cornell has a great hotel in the middle of campus ... serve a Brazilian breakfast on game days, like the Hilton Morumbi
    That would be a good idea, I think.

Florida State has (or had last time I knew) a members-only dining club in one end zone. It's really nice ... I've had dinner there a few times. Of course, they also have a culinary school that provides the potential chefs, servers, etc. But the food is really good. I don't think it's open during games for members. Not sure if they sell game tickets or not. Pretty sure their stadium even has classrooms in it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance Harbor View Post
    What are the cost/fees/donations on the lofts?
    Off of the top of my head, 50 k a year w a 1250 maintenance fee per month. But that could have changed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Off of the top of my head, 50 k a year w a 1250 maintenance fee per month. But that could have changed.
    That eliminates just about everybody.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post

Jeez. I'd just like to be in charge of maintenance.

vCash
    Nice. Just wish I could make myself like baseball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgface View Post
    Nice. Just wish I could make myself like baseball.
    Why?