Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MS Sports Media

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    **** that guy ...
    his last name is Weiner for ****s sake
    See it's jack ****s that say shit like this and when it doesn't happen it's swept under the rug and no one remembers but if by some chance something does he is the first to suck his own cock saying told ya so even tho he has zero sources or evidence to back it up .

ED lobbed all u media ****s a softball with Freeze and om 4 years ago and no one ran with it . If any one of u *****s would of had the balls to do something with it maybe ur careers would have gotten some good run ..
    True statement.

The topic of this thread is why I get all my MS team media coverage here. If it's relevant and worth a read, it'll be discussed or linked here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDawg View Post
    He states emphatically that the only reason Howland was hired was because he was "an Adidas guy". Which he implies - no strike that - which he again emphatically states was because Howland plays the shoe company game.

And for those that don't know, John Weiner is a radio guy who used to have his own show(s) but now is a guest or guest host on all the other ESPN radio shows locally. He also, along with Jake Wimberly, are self-professed MSU fans.
    And what did he say led him to this conclusion?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    True statement.

The topic of this thread is why I get all my MS team media coverage here. If it's relevant and worth a read, it'll be discussed or linked here.
    I do the exact same thing. Anything sports related is covered on this board with out the slanted views. I quit reading or listening to Mississippi media long time ago. So much more enjoyable that way.

vCash
    I get all my info here as well but it just pisses me off when I want to listen to the radio on the commute and it?s so damn cynical and loathe some. Everybody wants to be he contrarian now. It?s old

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HaggardDawg View Post
    Why is it that sports media in MS feel the need to constantly belittle the teams in this state? What?s the gain for them? Are they seeking national cred? From Bo arguing hypotheticals with people about who he ?thinks? Mullen would leave us for to Jake being overly pessimistic on everything to Weiner talking for 20 minutes yesterday about he believes there?s no doubt MSU basketball is in trouble over the FBI probe saying ?why would any player want to go there and out of the blue they start getting players?. Hell it might be true but at the his point there is no evidence for any of these accusations whether it?s what job Mullen would take to trouble with basketball.

I?ve lived in 4 states and the local media there never talked about their programs like these guys do. If it warranted, like OM NCAA stuff, Redmond, etc that?s fine and fair game.
    I wouldn't call Wimberley and Weiner Ms Media. Hell, they have maybe 75-100 listeners a day, if that.

And here is how it works... they buy the time from espn and then try to sell ads to cover the cost. Lucky if they even break even.

Wimberly still thinks Acy has it on the ball. They are best buddies who like to hear their selves talk.
    Last edited by Spiderman; 10-19-2017 at 04:28 PM.
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    I wouldn't call Wimberley and Weiner Ms Media. Hell, they have maybe 75-100 listeners a day, if that.

And here is how it works... they buy the time from espn and then try to sell ads to cover the cost. Lucky if they even break even.

Wimberly still thinks Acy has it on the ball. They are best buddies who like to hear their selves talk.
    Nice

vCash
    Wiener was back on it today on OOB that there's no reason for recruits to go to Starkville and that he's certain we're cheating our asses off. And then you have Jackson agreeing with him. However, I don't think I've ever heard Jackson have an opinion, he just mumbles about something, then the host says something different, and then jackson's like *mumble mumble* you're right *mumble*

vCash
    It's not just Sports unfortunately.... a lot of the media just can't imagine anything good going on in this State. We, as a people, are the kings of poor-mouthing ourselves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by louisvilledawg View Post
    Wiener was back on it today on OOB that there's no reason for recruits to go to Starkville and that he's certain we're cheating our asses off. And then you have Jackson agreeing with him. However, I don't think I've ever heard Jackson have an opinion, he just mumbles about something, then the host says something different, and then jackson's like *mumble mumble* you're right *mumble*
    I've heard that Jackson dude. I thought he was slow at first, now I attribute it copious amounts of ganja.

Ole boy sounds like he just got through burning one every time he talks.
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Someone called into Bo's show this morning (Weiner is guest hosting), and asked him about his statements about MSU basketball being involved with this scandal and about his claim that no good recruits would want to come to Starkville.

His response was basically "I didn't say MSU was in trouble or that good recruits won't go there, I just said MSU is in trouble and good recruits won't go there".

vCash
    Someone called into Bo's show this morning (Weiner is guest hosting), and asked him about his statements about MSU basketball being involved with this scandal and about his claim that no good recruits would want to come to Starkville.

His response was basically "I didn't say MSU was in trouble or that good recruits won't go there, I just said MSU is in trouble and good recruits won't go there".
    He?s a clown.

Push down on that Tune button... let em fade off into oblivion. They say that crap to get fans talking like here. People talk about what what a radio douche says and others start to listen

vCash

I don't understand why this mantra is repeated. You can't tell me recruits go to Kansas because they have a great school or location. Howland has proven he can take teams to the Final Four. He has also proven he can develop players and get them to the NBA. Westbrook wasn't a 5 star can't miss prospect and now he is the NBA MVP. Howland had something to do with developing a 3 star recruit into one of the best all around players in the NBA in the last decade.

Does he say that when MSU baseball gets a good recruit? For over a decade, MSU basketball had one of the top 4 teams in the SEC so it isn't like we have never had success.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    I don't understand why this mantra is repeated. You can't tell me recruits go to Kansas because they have a great school or location. Howland has proven he can take teams to the Final Four. He has also proven he can develop players and get them to the NBA. Westbrook wasn't a 5 star can't miss prospect and now he is the NBA MVP. Howland had something to do with developing a 3 star recruit into one of the best all around players in the NBA in the last decade.

Does he say that when MSU baseball gets a good recruit? For over a decade, MSU basketball had one of the top 4 teams in the SEC so it isn't like we have never had success.
    He said that no players that are being recruited now have even heard of any of the great former players that went to MSU. So that means nothing to them. And of course he added that all of the good players Stansbury landed were because he was cheating too.

vCash

So basically Wiener has no clue of what he actually said. So was and is are the major differences in what he said? Brilliant Wiener.

vCash
    He said that no players that are being recruited now have even heard of any of the great former players that went to MSU. So that means nothing to them. And of course he added that all of the good players Stansbury landed were because he was cheating too.

Apparently he must think in his feeble uninformed mind, that we cheat in everything. I'm glad I didn't listen to that crap.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by louisvilledawg View Post

Seems like Jackson's mission on the show is to be a "Yes Man". Your opinion in that case has already been determined so you just mumble and agree.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    Seems like Jackson's mission on the show is to be a "Yes Man". Your opinion in that case has already been determined so you just mumble and agree.
    I didn't know until recently that Jackson is a State fan. Back in the Freezes heyday I would've sworn and bet insane amounts of $$$ that an Ole Miss degree hung on his wall.

Why are all media people connected MSU so anti MSU?
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Message board effect.

1. Say something overly critical of your own team.
    2. When called on it, say ?I?m being a realist?

In a court of law it?s called a statement against interests. It appears to have more credibility. Notice I said appears.

It?s why Neal McCready is constantly trying to run from the term ?fanboy?. He wants so badly to be taken seriously by national media.

Unless being a fanbase journalist is what you want for a career, it?s a death knell for those who don?t. Thus, they try to appear to be credible with clickbait statements they know aren?t true.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    **** that guy ...
    his last name is Weiner for ****s sake
    See it's jack ****s that say shit like this and when it doesn't happen it's swept under the rug and no one remembers but if by some chance something does he is the first to suck his own cock saying told ya so even tho he has zero sources or evidence to back it up .

ED lobbed all u media ****s a softball with Freeze and om 4 years ago and no one ran with it . If any one of u *****s would of had the balls to do something with it maybe ur careers would have gotten some good run ..

Gonna give this truth ****ing post a Saturday beat Kentucky football bump.