Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Want To Know How Much Expectations Have Been Raised at MSU?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    How in the hell are we 8th? Georgia and Auburn had their way with us. This ranking is a mirage.
    This post deserves at least one reply. Yet no answer can be found. O wait, over the next hill . . . See it! A Championship!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Would the two of you just go ahead and do it and get it over with. Everyone else is tired of your passive aggressive sexual tension.***
    LOL!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Like what?
    You are all publicly all over Mullen dude, you never quite call for his head, but we all get your drift. If that's not what you mean then maybe tone it down a bit. The essence of that was stay the course and slowly build. Unless you want to do a Bucky, it's the only way. I'd like to be ahead of where we are sure, but I'm happy with the course we are on overall. I see my part in it as being to PUBLICLY stand behind what we are doing. It doesn't get much more public than an internet message board. Good vibes breed good vibes. If I have gripes, I keep them close at hand. Just my two cents.

vCash
    greatest summary of the last 8 or 9 year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    You are all publicly all over Mullen dude, you never quite call for his head, but we all get your drift. If that's not what you mean then maybe tone it down a bit. The essence of that was stay the course and slowly build. Unless you want to do a Bucky, it's the only way. I'd like to be ahead of where we are sure, but I'm happy with the course we are on overall. I see my part in it as being to PUBLICLY stand behind what we are doing. It doesn't get much more public than an internet message board. Good vibes breed good vibes. If I have gripes, I keep them close at hand. Just my two cents.
    If I think Dan should be fired I will say that I think Dan should be fired. Just like I think Hevesy should have been fired in the past. Have I had complaints about Dan? Absolutely. Has Dan responded to and fixed most of those complaints? Yes. And the one thing that he hasn't done- get rid of Hevesy- he has been rumored to have at least had a come to Jesus talk with him.

The way I see things a coach is allowed to make mistakes but they are also given an opportunity to fix them. If he doesn't do that then that may constitute firing depending on the situation. To Dan's credit- which I have given him MULTIPLE times- Dan has changed everything I wanted except for Hevesy. Most of the things I wanted changed were very simple things that many fans wanted changed and have helped us get to the position we are now and poised to take the next step. And if Hevesy improved his recruiting and his unit plays better then that's fine too.

Dan has come a looonnggg way since the end of 2015 and then losing to South Alabama. New DC, better recruiting, not playing upperclassmen as much, and improved special teams play are all things that many have clamored for and are controllable things that Dan has changed since the South Alabama game- and are all things that will help put us over the top once our better WR prospects get here next year. And it didn't take 20 years to do it.

And while no I don't think I had anything personally to do with Dan's changes I think it's pretty awesome that someone who does matter with such decisions actually agreed with me to help with the necessary changes. Blind loyalty like yours would have probably led to more South Alabama losses and guys like Damien Williams starting at QB for us.
    Last edited by Todd4State; 10-19-2017 at 09:04 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    If I think Dan should be fired I will say that I think Dan should be fired. Just like I think Hevesy should have been fired in the past. Have I had complaints about Dan? Absolutely. Has Dan responded to and fixed most of those complaints? Yes. And the one thing that he hasn't done- get rid of Hevesy- he has been rumored to have at least had a come to Jesus talk with him.

The way I see things a coach is allowed to make mistakes but they are also given an opportunity to fix them. If he doesn't do that then that may constitute firing depending on the situation. To Dan's credit- which I have given him MULTIPLE times- Dan has changed everything I wanted except for Hevesy. Most of the things I wanted changed were very simple things that many fans wanted changed and have helped us get to the position we are now and poised to take the next step. And if Hevesy improved his recruiting and his unit plays better then that's fine too.

Dan has come a looonnggg way since the end of 2015 and then losing to South Alabama. New DC, better recruiting, not playing upperclassmen as much, and improved special teams play are all things that many have clamored for and are controllable things that Dan has changed since the South Alabama game- and are all things that will help put us over the top once our better WR prospects get here next year. And it didn't take 20 years to do it.

And while no I don't think I had anything personally to do with Dan's changes I think it's pretty awesome that someone who does matter with such decisions actually agreed with me to help with the necessary changes. Blind loyalty like yours would have probably led to more South Alabama losses and guys like Damien Williams starting at QB for us.
    As I said..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    How in the hell are we 8th? Georgia and Auburn had their way with us. This ranking is a mirage.
    True. Thus the grade of C.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    I agree. Good post but next time include chapter names and a table of contents.*
    Ha Ha yea, I got a bit long winded. My apologies. Todd I agree with you, Mullen needed to make some changes, he has, and you have given credit where it is due. Nobody is above criticism including Dan, just because he has done a pretty good job so far doesn't mean he hasn't made mistakes.

In all honesty we should have expected some mistakes especially early in his career as he is still considered a young coach relative to a several of the elites when they hit their prime. As long as Dan doesn't get complacent and pull a Les Miles he will continue to grow the program. I just think we have some fans that are ready to jump off a ledge after every loss and that is missing the forest for the trees.

Also, look at some major programs that have gotten rid of coaches with long successful stints after 1 or 2 average seasons/leaving on their own. I don't think Tennessee will ever be the same. LSU is a wait and see. UF still hasn't impressed me at all since Meyer left. Out of the SEC several programs haven't been the same since losing a consistent winner, UT,Oregon, etc.

Nothing makes me think that we would be able to make another guaranteed slam dunk hire if and when Mullen leaves. I know we are a different program now but nothing in our history shows that we have the ability to follow up a good coach with another good coach and we usually slide into a decade of mediocrity after a winner.

Banned
    vCash
    nothing wrong about being long winded BB30 when you post quality things like that. one of the best posts I've seen around here in a while. thank you sir.