Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post
You do that by continuing to build the program the way Dan has. He has laid a good solid foundation. The key IMO is to continue to sign and develop athletic dual threat QBs that can be difference makers and just continue to slightly improve talent over time in other areas.

We will never be a school that goes out and lands a top 10 class every year. But, if we can start putting consecutive classes together in the 15-20 or even 15-25 range without having a slip up year where we sign a 30s class we can make that jump as long as we continue to develop QBs. We don't need a team full of difference makers we just need a solid group of SEC guys with a couple difference makers on each side of the ball.

You throw in a legit receiving threat with this offense and we are are a different team. Add one legit lock down corner and our defense immediately makes a jump from pretty good to extremely good. We don't have to have elite talent up and down the roster to compete with everyone outside of Bama at this point. The coaches in the west are pretty average outside of Saban and are all beatable.

We can win big(make runs to NY6 Bowls) if we have great QB play and a solid defense. We just have to stay patient and let the process that has gotten us this far continue to work.

Over the last 4 years/what we have done so far this year-

Alabama- 0-4
Auburn- 2-3
LSU- 2-3
Arkansas- 3-1
Texas am- 2-2
Ole Miss - 2-2

We are making clearly making improvements and have a chance over the next 4 to take advantage of an average SECW. We should continue to be competitive with LSU and Auburn. I see no reason as to why we wouldn't have a winning record against Ole Miss and Upig. Alabama is still going to be a L unless something drastic changes. And with TAMU who knows, it wouldn't surprise me if they figure some things out and get better or that we end up going on a 3-1 run or something like that.

Over the next 4 I could easily see us doing below:

Alabama 0-4
Auburn 2-2
LSU 2-2 if it werent for the name could see this as a 3-1 over the next 4
Arkansas 3-1 or 4-0
TAMU 3-1
OM 4-0

That automatically puts you in the discussion for top 3 in the SECW the next 4 years. We won't see UGA anytime soon and I think they are the only team trending in the right direction in the east so we should dominate our East games and be looking at a 6-2 to 7-1 record vs the east. We get UF at home next year which will certainly be winnable.

Obviously, there are a lot of uncertainties over the next 4 years but I do think if Mullen is still here over the next 4 we can expect to win our fair share of SEC games(some big ones) and have a couple shots at NY6 bowls and elevate closer to the 9-10 win mark per season. We are literally a couple of playmakers away from being a potential 9-10 win team this year(looking at NY6 bowl) and at the beginning of the season had you told me we would have a great shot at 8 wins and almost definitely win 7 I would have taken that in a heart beat. We are currently and will continue to be on the best 8 year run we have had in a long time possibly ever... And it blows my mind some still bitch and moan as much as they do.

Starkville has changed so much since Dan came here. The facilities are nicer the town is growing tons of people/contractors are making a bunch of $$ thanks to what Dan+SEC $$ has done. Our Academics are benefiting from it. Freshman enrollment is up. As long as we stay steady eddie and don't rock the boat the future looks mighty bright for our University and our athletic department.
OUTSTANDING!