Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Got to love Nafoom

Banned
    vCash
    I am a firm believer that the NCAA plays politics just like most all organizations and this ole miss thing is going to play out politically as well. I think the NCAA knows that college football fans around the country remember when ole miss dropped that #5 crootin' class after the previous 2 years had won 1 SEC game. I think the NCAA knows college football fans are aware of draft night confessions with a gas mask for the icing on that cake. I think the NCAA knows ole miss sued 2 SA's and is just using RR as a "cover". Suing SA's ? C'moan mane.

Then you've got evidence of a cover up that included lying to SA's to get them to sign. I'm going to stick with one of our posters who says he's got a relative who works for the enforcement end of the NCAA. Even though he's not on the ole miss case, he said "we wont be disIappointed."

I'm just thinking they will get the hammer. It seems some of us here are starting to buy into McReady's "catiously optimistic" and "word on the street" comments and stuff. There is good reason for him to be spewing this shit at this time because once the hammer falls, it keeps the anger and "we were 17'd over" crowd in defiant mode. It allows ole miss to continue the same story line of "we were targeted" and "we still have to keep on fighting this in anyway, shape , form or fashion. " They can't throw in the towel, at least not now. "It wasn't our fault Ole Miss Fan, we were not the ones who let you down, it was those jealous of what we accomplished who put a target on us". "Please continue with your support as we will surely pull out of all this."

And McReady? anybody think he's not taking his marching orders from way up high?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    If they get another year or 2 bowl ban, State fans should be ecstatic
    IF they weren't going to get another year, an agreement to settle on OM's offered oanelties would've already been done. They fact they had a COI means the NCAA did not accept their self-imposed penalties, or their 1-year bowl ban. Unless the COI slaps the NCAA investigative team in the face (again), they're getting a 2nd year at minimum.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Neal went on Geoff Calkins and said everything but they?ll skate. COI couldn?t have gone any better and OM is quietely very confident and that?s why they settled with Nutt. So they can start their new chapter. That?s where the OM fan base renewed optimism is coming from. We?re in the dead zone as far as new info on that whole deal so I?m not buying anything from anyone right now because it?s either guessing or spin.
    Neal is a LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    I am a firm believer that the NCAA plays politics just like most all organizations and this ole miss thing is going to play out politically as well. I think the NCAA knows that college football fans around the country remember when ole miss dropped that #5 crootin' class after the previous 2 years had won 1 SEC game. I think the NCAA knows college football fans are aware of draft night confessions with a gas mask for the icing on that cake. I think the NCAA knows ole miss sued 2 SA's and is just using RR as a "cover". Suing SA's ? C'moan mane.

Then you've got evidence of a cover up that included lying to SA's to get them to sign. I'm going to stick with one of our posters who says he's got a relative who works for the enforcement end of the NCAA. Even though he's not on the ole miss case, he said "we wont be disIappointed."

I'm just thinking they will get the hammer. It seems some of us here are starting to buy into McReady's "catiously optimistic" and "word on the street" comments and stuff. There is good reason for him to be spewing this shit at this time because once the hammer falls, it keeps the anger and "we were 17'd over" crowd in defiant mode. It allows ole miss to continue the same story line of "we were targeted" and "we still have to keep on fighting this in anyway, shape , form or fashion. " They can't throw in the towel, at least not now. "It wasn't our fault Ole Miss Fan, we were not the ones who let you down, it was those jealous of what we accomplished who put a target on us". "Please continue with your support as we will surely pull out of all this."

And McReady? anybody think he's not taking his marching orders from way up high?
    I believe that the COI is going to be NASTY ��. If not then the COI COMMITTEE would release their rulings before the Egg bowl. Since the NCAA, is rumored, to be holding said ruling, I believe this is about to get not only nasty but funny..... As the boosters take on the CRYING. While we sing DIXIE.

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    ETA-
    This is in response to Spider?s comment about not disclosing info of a settlement.

Not when it is a state entity who has been sued and must settle finanacially. All terms and agreements are public record and as such are open to FOIA. Question is anyone willing to take the time to do it.

vCash
    I'm sticking with my opinion that I've had since this all started. There will be disappointment on both sides when it comes down.

OM will say too harsh. State fans will say not enough.

Of course OM will scream too harsh if there is ANYTHING above whatever they have self imposed.

I'm hoping for a hammering just to watch the meltdown of all these gullible morons. Just to see them lose their minds. I'd like that more than it hurting their team.
    At one time, I thought Ole Miss may get off easy. However, two things led me to change my mind: 1. Ole Miss admitted that they continued to cheat while the NCAA was on campus investigating them and 2. the harshness of the NCAA's response to OM's response to the amended NOA. Consequently, it will take Divine intervention for Ole Miss to walk away with less than a 30 scholarship loss and 2 year bowl ban.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphus Raymond View Post
    At one time, I thought Ole Miss may get off easy. However, two things led me to change my mind: 1. Ole Miss admitted that they continued to cheat while the NCAA was on campus investigating them and 2. the harshness of the NCAA's response to OM's response to the amended NOA. Consequently, it will take Divine intervention for Ole Miss to walk away with less than a 30 scholarship loss and 2 year bowl ban.
    yep, I remember reading that they continued to cheat while they were down there investigating. not a good look for tsun.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Westdawg View Post
    ETA-
    This is in response to Spider?s comment about not disclosing info of a settlement.

Not when it is a state entity who has been sued and must settle finanacially. All terms and agreements are public record and as such are open to FOIA. Question is anyone willing to take the time to do it.
    I bet we know one dred locked tatooed heavy metal fan who will....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Neal went on Geoff Calkins and said everything but they?ll skate. COI couldn?t have gone any better and OM is quietely very confident and that?s why the oney settled with Nutt. So they can start their new chapter. That?s where the OM fan base renewed optimism is coming from. We?re in the dead zone as far as new info on that whole deal so I?m not buying anything from anyone right now because it?s either guessing or spin.

This is just another re-affirmation of the lies their 'fan base media" has followed. No one was allowed in the room from OM. Hell, they didn't even know he had been interviewed earlier and left. Those idiots were reporting he was a no show. Don't believe anything they report concerning the NCAA. Their whole reporting has been a lie guided by their administration. Why any one would believe anything they said concerning the outcome told by their media is beyond me. Their fans still hold their narratives to the gospel truth. Evem when their trusted man of god has done all that was reported on him, or enough to cost him his job and you know its more to that story then has been made public.

vCash

The harsher the penalty, the greater harm they will threat to MSU

I'm sticking with my opinion that I've had since this all started. There will be disappointment on both sides when it comes down.

OM will say too harsh. State fans will say not enough.

Of course OM will scream too harsh if there is ANYTHING above whatever they have self imposed.

I'm hoping for a hammering just to watch the meltdown of all these gullible morons. Just to see them lose their minds. I'd like that more than it hurting their team.
    I hope we soon will know, but I'm thinking its going to be severe penalties. They have threatened the NCAA, student athletes, the SEC, the NCAA, SEC head coaches and presidents of universities. I think they let their alligator mouth over-load their humming bird ass.

vCash
    ETA-

Group that settled the whole thing was the foundation which is not a state institution. IHL and University were not included in any settlement agreement as those two would have been subject to FOIA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OBMS View Post
    Group that settled the whole thing was the foundation which is not a state institution. IHL and University were not included in any settlement agreement as those two would have been subject to FOIA.
    Because of the way the foundation is registered it falls under the state....

Ole Miss Athletics Foundation Legal name
    UMAA Foundation Previous Legal
    OLE MISS LOYALTY FOUNDATION, INC.

Why oh why has om changed their foundation name 3 different times?????

vCash
    ETA-

Foundation I'm sure paid it which will get around open records law
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

Banned
    vCash
    ETA-

Beat me to it.

vCash
    Foundation I'm sure paid it which will get around open records law
    Yes, they can run through illegal funds right through the foundation and take that 501(c)3 tax right off...

Remember that those burner phones were paid for by the foundation....
    Last edited by Mimi's Babies; 10-19-2017 at 05:52 PM.

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    Responding to OBMS ??

Incorrect my dear sir. The lawsuit was not against the foundation. It was against the OM Administration. I am sure the Foundation May have been involved in some manner, but the very reason Mars was able to subpoena the phone records of Freeze, AND STAFF, AAAAANNNNNDDDDD. BJORK, and that the lawsuit alleged that the OM ADMINISTRATION had violated such agreement tells us that those records are PUBLIC.
    Nice try though, 😁😎.

vCash
    Responding to OBMS ??

Incorrect my dear sir. The lawsuit was not against the foundation. It was against the OM Administration. I am sure the Foundation May have been involved in some manner, but the very reason Mars was able to subpoena the phone records of Freeze, AND STAFF, AAAAANNNNNDDDDD. BJORK, and that the lawsuit alleged that the OM ADMINISTRATION had violated such agreement tells us that those records are PUBLIC.
    Nice try though, ����.
    The settlement could have been structured to have OM pay nothing but the Foundation to pay something. The Foundation is the reason they redacted "Personal" calls. Yes, there are ways around it, and you can be sure OM had the foundation or an individual actually cut the check. All that would be protected by confidentiality. It's lawsuit 101.

Believe me, OM in no way used any university or state funds to pay him off. You can't FOI a private transaction.

Damn, it ain't that hard to do OR understand
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    The settlement could have been structured to have OM pay nothing but the Foundation to pay something. The Foundation is the reason they redacted "Personal" calls. Yes, there are ways around it, and you can be sure OM had the foundation or an individual actually cut the check. All that would be protected by confidentiality. It's lawsuit 101.

Believe me, OM in no way used any university or state funds to pay him off. You can't FOI a private transaction.

Damn, it ain't that hard to do OR understand
    Since OM was sued that automatically brings in IHL and the Attorney General's office. IHL has to approve the amount of money paid by Om in a lawsuit. The insurance company more than likely paid the money to Nutt and his attorneys. Since the Athletic funds, at universities in MS, is a stand alone business.. OM Ath. fund/insurance could have paid the settlement... The laws pertaining to universities and law suits are screwed up in Mississippi -- all because of IHL.. Please note that the attorneys are each university answer to the AG's office and Jim Hood.

Rep given +1 West Dawg

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OBMS View Post
    So he sued the foundation?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    So he sued the foundation?
    I do think it was included in the suit. They are the ones that paid Nutt's buy out. State contracts can only be for so much to an employee. The foundations, or booster clubs pay the bulk of those contracts.

Ole Miss could have just issued the apology, as their part of the settlement, and the money from a private entity.