Thread: What is the chance Butch Jones gets fired next week?

vCash

What is the chance Butch Jones gets fired next week?

I say 50/50. Depends how bad he loses because they know they are going to lose.

Banned
    vCash
    I think the higher ups have taken notice that doing that mid season has a huge probability of being an epic fail. it also makes your organization not very appealing for future candidates.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    I think the higher ups have taken notice that doing that mid season has a huge probability of being an epic fail. it also makes your organization not very appealing for future candidates.
    I think if they are going to do, just go ahead and do. I don't think other coaches will pass on Tenn for that reason plus it give Tenn a chance to get a head start over other schools who are going to be looking.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I say 50/50. Depends how bad he loses because they know they are going to lose.
    Bama will beat them 50-3 and Butch will be gone!

vCash
    I don't think they will fire him next week. But it really doesn't matter anyway, today, tomorrow, next week or in November, he's a fired ass.

vCash
    He's fired anyway. He knows it. He's head coach in name only. Nothing will save him now.

vCash
    None. But the 1st day his buyout decreases he is gone.

vCash
    Firing someone after losing to Alabama would be insanely stupid. Basically everyone loses to Alabama. If losing that game is the last straw, then your program has unrealistic expectations.

Play it smart and wait the week after. Does Tennessee virtually no good to fire him Saturday night or Sunday morning.

vCash
    With early recruiting or signing day, wouldn't be a shock if he is gone by Monday. Get a jump on "coach search".

vCash
    Honestly surprised he's still there. Tenn must be digging in them pockets for the buyout
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Barring total collapse, 2015-17 will be Tennessee's best 3 year stretch since 2002-04.

vCash
    They will keep him through the Vanderbilt game. Losing to the Commodores (Not the Lionel Richey group) will seal the deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DelBocaVista View Post
    They will keep him through the Vanderbilt game. Losing to the Commodores (Not the Lionel Richey group) will seal the deal.
    Not that it matters unless it's ole miss but are you a Kentucky fan or a fan of another school other then Miss State?

vCash
    You don’t have to fire a coach to be searching for another one.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Hell no. You want a new coach trying to pick up a team his first week after bama?

I'd wait until the end of the season. They owe a lot of money already and firing Butch isn't going to turn this season around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Hell no. You want a new coach trying to pick up a team his first week after bama?

I'd wait until the end of the season. They owe a lot of money already and firing Butch isn't going to turn this season around.
    UT coworker of mine says he's heard they aren't going to make an interim coach take the Bama beating. Otherwise he'd be fired already. So he's heard they fire him post Bama loss...not as in "because he lost to Bama" but moreso they are ready to move on from him as a coach in general.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawggrad08 View Post
    UT coworker of mine says he's heard they aren't going to make an interim coach take the Bama beating. Otherwise he'd be fired already. So he's heard they fire him post Bama loss...not as in "because he lost to Bama" but moreso they are ready to move on from him as a coach in general.
    Paul Finebum said as much and he also said the school is already raising money for the buy out. As much of a ass Paul is, he still has contacts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Paul Finebum said as much and he also said the school is already raising money for the buy out. As much of a ass Paul is, he still has contacts.
    Isn't Paul a UT grad?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Isn't Paul a UT grad?
    I believe so.