Thread: Brian Hadad is in a heated Twitter debate....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Try this on for size -
    The only SEC school with 100 wins over the past 10 years is Alabama.

So, a coach averaging 8 wins a year - who twice has won 9 and had a 10 win season puts us right on the cusp of being as good as any other team in the conference other than the perpetual machine of Saban.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Try this on for size -

So, a coach averaging 8 wins a year - who twice has won 9 and had a 10 win season puts us right on the cusp of being as good as any other team in the conference other than the perpetual machine of Saban.
    Perspective! Great post!

Banned
    vCash
    Try this on for size -

This.

vCash
    Try this on for size -

This is what I'm talking about. Some are trying to judge us by Alabama under Saban. That is a recipe for frustration and disaster.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    This is what I'm talking about. Some are trying to judge us by Alabama under Saban. That is a recipe for frustration and disaster.
    Not really. 10 wins a year might get you fired at Alabama.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Again, you missed the point. We aren't Bama.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Again, you missed the point. We aren't Bama.
    No but they are the gold standard for the SEC. And no one is saying that we should be a 10-12 win type of program that should win National Championships. So none of our fans are comparing us to Alabama.

vCash
    Yeah its the reason Saban has said a win now is more of a relief than a joy, because if you lose 1 game people think you suck.

vCash
    Speaking of Saban, I heard him say during an interview that when he accepted the Alabama job, he told Mal Moore (AD), flying back on the plane from Miami to Tuscaloosa, that he may not have hired the greatest football coach, but he assured him that nobody would out-recruit him.
    I think that is Mullen's primary problem. He does not emphasize recruiting enough, except for his QB signees. He keeps an OL coach out of friendship who is clearly not getting the job done, and he is content with lazy recruiting by his other coaches.
    I've heard a lot of people say you can't recruit top talent to Starkville. I don't think Tuscaloosa is any better town than Starkville, so how does Saban do it? Answer-he works his butt off.
    Last edited by NCDawg; 10-17-2017 at 03:00 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    Speaking of Saban, I heard him say during an interview that when he accepted the Alabama job, he told Mal Moore (AD), flying back on the plane from Miami to Tuscaloosa, that he may not hired the greatest football coach, but he assured him that nobody would our-recruit him.
    I think that is Mullen's primary problem. He does not emphasize recruiting enough, except for his QB signees. He keeps an OL coach out of friendship and who is obviously is not getting the job done, and he is content with lazy recruiting by his other coaches.
    I've heard a lot of people say you can't recruit top talent to Starkville. I don't think Tuscaloosa is any better town than Starkville, so how does Saban do it? Answer-he works his butt off.
    Agree he does, however, he wasn't this great recruiter until he left east Lansing. The job one has does make a difference. 34-24-1 at mich st. In 5 years.
    Last edited by Homedawg; 10-17-2017 at 12:22 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Agree he does, however, he wasn't this great recruiter until he left east Lansing. The job one has does make a difference. 34-24-1 at mich st. In 5 years.
    Yep. Good point. The resources Saban has is just a tad more than Dan has. Doesn't Saban have about 100 analysts and consultant types that do a lot of the leg work for him?

ETA Not saying Dan can't do better but it's not quite the apples to apples as it appears.
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 10-17-2017 at 12:38 PM.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    Speaking of Saban, I heard him say during an interview that when he accepted the Alabama job, he told Mal Moore (AD), flying back on the plane from Miami to Tuscaloosa, that he may not have hired the greatest football coach, but he assured him that nobody would out-recruit him.
    I think that is Mullen's primary problem. He does not emphasize recruiting enough, except for his QB signees. He keeps an OL coach out of friendship who is clearly not getting the job done, and he is content with lazy recruiting by his other coaches.
    Tuscaloosa is a nicer town than Starkville. Hell, just the simple fact they have all the normal stuff you see in actually well populated places, best buy, target, etc. And not to mention the multiple national championships 9-15 however you count them.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Alabama's next coach will be filling shoes the size of the Grand Canyon.

vCash
    Try this on for size -

Exactly. And if we improve our recruiting just a little bit we can take that next step. Exciting to think about. And again why people who say that we won't ever be anything more than an 8 win team sound ridiculous to me.

vCash
    Exactly. And if we improve our recruiting just a little bit we can take that next step. Exciting to think about. And again why people who say that we won't ever be anything more than an 8 win team sound ridiculous to me.
    You missed his point, entirely.