Quote Originally Posted by Bodaski View Post
As long as we consistently recruit mostly 3* and a few 4* guys I don't think you should expect anything more and if we continue down this path and it looks like we are, then I have to agree with Brian as well. I think we get about as much as we can get out of our talent each year. We may slip up and find an acorn here and there some years, but if we continue to do what we have been doing, why would it change?
I've got a good friend who is a bigtime Georgia guy. We were together last weekend and got into a discussion about State and why we didn't compete better with UGa. I told him Mississippi just doesn't produce enough top-level talent every year to support one D1 power, much less 2 (or 4 if you count LSU and Bama cherry picking off the top.) So we looked it up.

This year (from memory) Mississippi has zero 5-star guys, and three or four guys who are 4-stars. By contrast, Georgia has four 5-star kids, and every kid in their top 30 was four-star or better.

I'll bet none of those Georgia kids grew up hoping to play for Mississippi State. We are absolutely fighting an uphill battle every single year. We will never be a Top 10 recruiter unless we go the Ole Miss route which we all know will send us back to purgatory.

Mullen's doing a very good job. Let the man keep building and improving our reputation by developing NFL players and I'm betting more kids WILL grow up wanting to play for us.