Thread: Brian Hadad is in a heated Twitter debate....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    As has been stated, since Dan's arrival at State (09), there has been 3 teams that win 9+ in the SEC on average-Bama, Georgia, and LSU. In the last 5 years since the addition of A&M, same teams average 9+ wins/year. So, yes it is inconceivable that State could ever be more than an 8 win program over the course of an extended period. As currently constructed we will jump up and have a 10 or more win season (I think it's coming in 2018), but then there's always going to be a backdown similar to 2016 where we are at 6/7 wins to average things out. It's just not feasible for State to be a 9+ win program. We don't have the natural resources to do such. Our supporters and talent pool are too poor (relative to rest of league) for us to be at that level. The only thing that can change that is major industry and population booms within the state. That's literally all that could change that. But Mullen is doing awesome work and it's ok to complain and wish utopian thoughts about the program, just setting up the reality.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipedream View Post
    As has been stated, since Dan's arrival at State (09), there has been 3 teams that win 9+ in the SEC on average-Bama, Georgia, and LSU. In the last 5 years since the addition of A&M, same teams average 9+ wins/year. So, yes it is inconceivable that State could ever be more than an 8 win program over the course of an extended period. As currently constructed we will jump up and have a 10 or more win season (I think it's coming in 2018), but then there's always going to be a backdown similar to 2016 where we are at 6/7 wins to average things out. It's just not feasible for State to be a 9+ win program. We don't have the natural resources to do such. Our supporters and talent pool are too poor (relative to rest of league) for us to be at that level. The only thing that can change that is major industry and population booms within the state. That's literally all that could change that. But Mullen is doing awesome work and it's ok to complain and wish utopian thoughts about the program, just setting up the reality.
    Yeah, guess you're probably right. We can wish "utopian thoughts about the program", but in reality we should be satisfied with about 7 or 8 wins and going to some mediocre bowl game. Our supporters and talent pool are too poor, compared to a prosperous state like Alabama, and the rest of the states in the SEC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    Yeah, guess you're probably right. We can wish "utopian thoughts about the program", but in reality we should be satisfied with about 7 or 8 wins and going to some mediocre bowl game. Our supporters and talent pool are too poor, compared to a prosperous state like Alabama, and the rest of the states in the SEC.
    Averaging 8 wins/year over a 5-10 year stretch would put you in the top half of the league with the 13th largest budget, smallest populated town, poorest state in the conference. I love the school. I bleed Maroon, but these are just the facts. Check the waiting list on club seats/boxes for Bama games. The sheer number of sidewalk Bama fans could fill our stadium every Saturday. They have almost a hundred years of winning, championship football. The best we can achieve is what we are currently achieving. Win 8/year and when the opportunity presents itself, we have to strike. We almost did it in 2014 and look well positioned to give it another run in 2018. If winning 10 games once every 4 years while hanging around 8/year average doesn't satisfy you, then you're following the wrong school.

vCash
    Averaging 8 wins/year over a 5-10 year stretch would put you in the top half of the league with the 13th largest budget, smallest populated town, poorest state in the conference. I love the school. I bleed Maroon, but these are just the facts. Check the waiting list on club seats/boxes for Bama games. The sheer number of sidewalk Bama fans could fill our stadium every Saturday. They have almost a hundred years of winning, championship football. The best we can achieve is what we are currently achieving. Win 8/year and when the opportunity presents itself, we have to strike. We almost did it in 2014 and look well positioned to give it another run in 2018. If winning 10 games once every 4 years while hanging around 8/year average doesn't satisfy you, then you're following the wrong school.
    With all due respect to your defeatist opinion, I totally disagree. I realize, however, that we have a lot of fans, probably most of our fans, that think like you do.

vCash
    With all due respect to your defeatist opinion, I totally disagree. I realize, however, that we have a lot of fans, probably most of our fans, that think like you do.
    Label it what you will, but it's realistic and factual. A&M and Florida have budgets almost twice our size with two of the best recruiting bases in the entire country and even they haven't averaged 9 wins/ year the last 5-10 years. No amount of bootstrap pulling on State fans parts is going to change the natural landscape nor demographics of the region.

vCash
    Label it what you will, but it's realistic and factual. A&M and Florida have budgets almost twice our size with two of the best recruiting bases in the entire country and even they haven't averaged 9 wins/ year the last 5-10 years. No amount of bootstrap pulling on State fans parts is going to change the natural landscape nor demographics of the region.
    Just because Florida has more resources and then mismanaged their football program the past 5-10 years...or Tennessee...or Auburn or whoever else that doesn't define OUR floor and ceiling and it doesn't mean that we can't get to 8-10 wins a year if we manage OUR situation well. All it means is that those schools mismanaged themselves even though their overall ceilings are higher than ours.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    What do you think we need to do in order to do more than that? We are in year 9 of Mullen and it is clear that this is what he is. What should be done differently?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    What do you think we need to do in order to do more than that? We are in year 9 of Mullen and it is clear that this is what he is. What should be done differently?
    Um, I think we discussed this in previous discussions in this thread. At least to my opinion. But probably nothing. It is apparently the consensus opinion that we can't do any better than what we're doing.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Um, I think we discussed this in previous discussions in this thread. At least to my opinion. But probably nothing. It is apparently the consensus opinion that we can't do any better than what we're doing.
    The only thing I've seen you do in This thread is make condescending comments and offer up very few if any solutions to what you view to be the problem. If you're going to bitch, at least have a solution for us all to hear. You think Dan is a lazy recruiter and has lazy recruiters on his staff. I don't agree that he is in any way lazy, but let's say he is. What would you do about it if you were Mullen's boss?