Quote Originally Posted by missouridawg View Post
Being happy in the state of our program and wanting more are not mutually exclusive ideas. The problem that our fan base has, is identifying why we are having success.

Spoiler alert, it?s because of Mullen. We can?t go hire someone better than him. And anyone who thinks we should try to move on from him should have their cat scanned.

Mullen is so important to us because of his ability to develop QBs. QBs are what drives the success of every team and it is paramount for us to have a good developer of QB talent. I got to State in 2000. Fant, York, Connor, Henig, And Lee are the QBs I saw before Mullen got here. Every Mullen QB who started for us is better than the best on that list.

To me, our next steps are to be taken on the recruiting trails. It?s a broken record, but that?s our biggest deficiency right now. If we could somehow find more Stewart Reese?s and prevent Saban from poaching the Knotts, Lashleys, and Raekwon Davis?of the world, that?s how we will take another step. I think Mullen has positioned himself to benefit greatly on the recruiting trail in the coming years. Being able to show kids Dak, Fletcher, Chris Jones, Slay, Gabe, McKinney, and KJ are all his players is a big help. Dak especially, as Dak is giving MSU more marketing than anyone ever has.

If you need proof of our the tide turning in recruiting, look no further than the QB position. KT, Mayden, and Jones are all big time prospects with multiple big time offers. In 2013 , we weren?t signing those guys. But the Dak exposure is giving us an edge for those types.

Now we?ve got to figure out how get better OL, WR, and DBs to campus. Those are the 3 things we desparetly need to see improvement on. And some better depth across the board would be nice.
Possibly the best post I've seen on ED in a long time.

Mullen is literally building this program from the ground up. If we let him do it right for another several years we may never have to go back to 3 or 4 wins a year again.

It is extremely difficult to make a perfect coaching hire. Look at all the disasters out there at premier schools like Tennessee, Florida, Texas, LSU, etc.

We made a great hire with Mullen. Enjoy it and get behind him.