Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Brian Hadad is in a heated Twitter debate....

vCash
    Last edited by fader2103; 10-17-2017 at 07:58 AM.

vCash
    Making MSU a consistent 8 game winner would be a stupendous achievement. It?s amazing how everyone on most MSU boards always harps on being realistic, yet can never bring themselves to accept this FACT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Making MSU a consistent 8 game winner would be a stupendous achievement. It?s amazing how everyone on most MSU boards always harps on being realistic, yet can never bring themselves to accept this FACT.
    We're a consistent 8 game winner right now. If you average out our wins and assuming we win 8 this year the average comes out to 8 since 2014. And I think someone the other day said if we win 8 this year Dan would average 8 wins for his career which sounds about right to me.

That's also why it makes no sense to me to say that we can't improve above what we are now when essentially all we have to do is recruit a couple of position groups slightly better than we are now. Position groups that we have recruited reasonably well in the past before Dan and in some cases during Dan's time here.

It would be like Cann not recruiting any pitching and me saying that a SR is the best we could do when logically if we improved pitching we could go to Omaha more consistently.

We have to stop using our history as a crutch to define our ceiling and excuse issues that the coaching staff may have or had in the past. We need to start looking instead at the current situation and the framework of what we are now at this point in the present rather than what we were 30 years ago. The SEC has changed, college football has changed and MSU has changed. Things favor us more now than any other time in our program's history. And it's only going to take some small improvements to make it that much better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    We're a consistent 8 game winner right now. If you average out our wins and assuming we win 8 this year the average comes out to 8 since 2014. And I think someone the other day said if we win 8 this year Dan would average 8 wins for his career which sounds about right to me.

That's also why it makes no sense to me to say that we can't improve above what we are now when essentially all we have to do is recruit a couple of position groups slightly better than we are now. Position groups that we have recruited reasonably well in the past before Dan and in some cases during Dan's time here.

It would be like Cann not recruiting any pitching and me saying that a SR is the best we could do when logically if we improved pitching we could go to Omaha more consistently.

We have to stop using our history as a crutch to define our ceiling and excuse issues that the coaching staff may have or had in the past. We need to start looking instead at the current situation and the framework of what we are now at this point in the present rather than what we were 30 years ago. The SEC has changed, college football has changed and MSU has changed. Things favor us more now than any other time in our program's history. And it's only going to take some small improvements to make it that much better.
    No we aren’t. We have averaged that since 2014 but that doesn't make you a consistant 8 game winner. Do over a couple of decades and then you are getting there. Who in the heck is using history as a crutch? If you don’t know where you have been you don’t know where you are. That’s the problem a lot of MSU people have, they won’t recognize where we have been so they don’t know where we are. What they are doing is trying to measure us by other people's History. That’s a recipe for frustration and eventual disaster. It’s what has killed MSU for 70 years.
    Last edited by Liverpooldawg; 10-17-2017 at 08:22 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasu Dackds View Post
    Not much we can do in our current state to produce a program any better than that.

Like I've said many times, we need serious population growth in MS. We need more fans. We need more money. We need whatever the secret sauce is that makes your program most attractive to good football players. We've done it in baseball. The only thing I can think of is that it takes a much bigger commitment to succeed in football.
    Dan is 99% of the reason Starkville has grown as much as it has in the last 7-8 years. It makes me laugh when people talk about how much he is paid. He has brought tenfold the amount of money we pay him a year to Starkville and I assure you it isn't because of the academics(not a knock on our school just truth).

vCash
    At this point we are not a consistent 8 win team but we are on the cusp of having an unimaginable run for the next five years.

vCash

NO SEC team not named Bama consistently wins 9-10 games...

Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Saying MSU has hit its ceiling by becoming a pretty regular 8 game winner. That we'll never consistently become a 9-10 win team.

Agree? Disagree?

Should MSU fans be happy and content? Is it wrong for MSU fans to want to take another step?

Thoughts?

Georgia has probably been the closest. Not Auburn. Not LSU. Not Tennessee. Not A&M. Not Florida. Certainly not Arkansas, Ole Miss, Missouri, and South Carolina.

vCash
    I think the advantage MSU has is the JUCOs in the State. We need to really utilize that advantage. I see nothing wrong with bringing in a JUCO and red-shirting Him if He is not ready. Hell , we red-shirt HS players--what's the difference. The OL and Wrs are 2 areas that JUCO players can really help us. We have had great success with corner back recruiting from JUCO. I watch Scooba play every game and I have to believe there has been WRs the past few years that are better than what we have now. ICC has one I think is better than Guidry. When Gray played at CO_LIN they were several that were better than Him. i would like to see 6-7 JUCOs every year.

vCash
    Try this on for size -
    The only SEC school with 100 wins over the past 10 years is Alabama.

So, a coach averaging 8 wins a year - who twice has won 9 and had a 10 win season puts us right on the cusp of being as good as any other team in the conference other than the perpetual machine of Saban.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Try this on for size -

So, a coach averaging 8 wins a year - who twice has won 9 and had a 10 win season puts us right on the cusp of being as good as any other team in the conference other than the perpetual machine of Saban.
    Perspective! Great post!

Banned
    vCash
    Try this on for size -

This.

vCash
    Try this on for size -

This is what I'm talking about. Some are trying to judge us by Alabama under Saban. That is a recipe for frustration and disaster.

vCash
    No we aren’t. We have averaged that since 2014 but that doesn't make you a consistant 8 game winner. Do over a couple of decades and then you are getting there. Who in the heck is using history as a crutch? If you don’t know where you have been you don’t know where you are. That’s the problem a lot of MSU people have, they won’t recognize where we have been so they don’t know where we are. What they are doing is trying to measure us by other people's History. That’s a recipe for frustration and eventual disaster. It’s what has killed MSU for 70 years.
    Since 2009 we have averaged 7.6 wins a year. Add in Croom's last two years and it drops to 7.3. So yeah- we're a consistent 8 win team right now.

You use history as a reason for why we can't do something. Instead of looking at the mistakes and correcting them.

vCash
    Try this on for size -

Exactly. And if we improve our recruiting just a little bit we can take that next step. Exciting to think about. And again why people who say that we won't ever be anything more than an 8 win team sound ridiculous to me.

vCash
    This is what I'm talking about. Some are trying to judge us by Alabama under Saban. That is a recipe for frustration and disaster.
    Not really. 10 wins a year might get you fired at Alabama.

vCash
    Since 2009 we have averaged 7.6 wins a year. Add in Croom's last two years and it drops to 7.3. So yeah- we're a consistent 8 win team right now.

You use history as a reason for why we can't do something. Instead of looking at the mistakes and correcting them.
    That not even a decade.

vCash
    Exactly. And if we improve our recruiting just a little bit we can take that next step. Exciting to think about. And again why people who say that we won't ever be anything more than an 8 win team sound ridiculous to me.
    You missed his point, entirely.

vCash
    Again, you missed the point. We aren't Bama.

vCash
    Yeah its the reason Saban has said a win now is more of a relief than a joy, because if you lose 1 game people think you suck.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    No, he said never be a 10-11 game winner a year consistently. From listening to Brian every day, I think he would tell you 9 a year average is possible though not likely, but 8 is good. I agree.
    My apologies, He did say 10-11, not 9-10, which makes a difference. I thought he said 9-10.