Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brian Hadad is in a heated Twitter debate....

vCash

Brian Hadad is in a heated Twitter debate....

Saying MSU has hit its ceiling by becoming a pretty regular 8 game winner. That we'll never consistently become a 9-10 win team.

Agree? Disagree?

Should MSU fans be happy and content? Is it wrong for MSU fans to want to take another step?

Thoughts?

vCash
    I can't argue with that. If lsu, bama, and auburn all went into a period of disarray at the same time, we might win 9 semi consistently. Oh, and if ole miss doesn't start their shit again. That is a lot of stars aligning though.

vCash
    Not my fight, but it seems “regular 8 game winner” is a necessary step to be a “9-10 game winner”....

Unless ya sellin Tang...*
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Saying MSU has hit its ceiling by becoming a pretty regular 8 game winner. That we'll never consistently become a 9-10 win team.

Agree? Disagree?

Should MSU fans be happy and content? Is it wrong for MSU fans to want to take another step?

Thoughts?
    I agree w him. But that doesn't mean anyone is happy and content with it, but realistically in this league, it is what it is. Just don't see us being a 9-10 win team every year. But we will do that on occasion and way more often than ever before, which is certainly better than where we've been in history. Remember, there are 13 other teams in this league fighting the same battle, why are we more likely than the next guy? I can think of not one single reason. Not one. Not in football anyway.

vCash
    Being happy in the state of our program and wanting more are not mutually exclusive ideas. The problem that our fan base has, is identifying why we are having success.

Spoiler alert, it?s because of Mullen. We can?t go hire someone better than him. And anyone who thinks we should try to move on from him should have their cat scanned.

Mullen is so important to us because of his ability to develop QBs. QBs are what drives the success of every team and it is paramount for us to have a good developer of QB talent. I got to State in 2000. Fant, York, Connor, Henig, And Lee are the QBs I saw before Mullen got here. Every Mullen QB who started for us is better than the best on that list.

To me, our next steps are to be taken on the recruiting trails. It?s a broken record, but that?s our biggest deficiency right now. If we could somehow find more Stewart Reese?s and prevent Saban from poaching the Knotts, Lashleys, and Raekwon Davis?of the world, that?s how we will take another step. I think Mullen has positioned himself to benefit greatly on the recruiting trail in the coming years. Being able to show kids Dak, Fletcher, Chris Jones, Slay, Gabe, McKinney, and KJ are all his players is a big help. Dak especially, as Dak is giving MSU more marketing than anyone ever has.

If you need proof of our the tide turning in recruiting, look no further than the QB position. KT, Mayden, and Jones are all big time prospects with multiple big time offers. In 2013 , we weren?t signing those guys. But the Dak exposure is giving us an edge for those types.

Now we?ve got to figure out how get better OL, WR, and DBs to campus. Those are the 3 things we desparetly need to see improvement on. And some better depth across the board would be nice.
    Last edited by missouridawg; 10-16-2017 at 09:16 PM.

vCash
    I did some research awhile back on 3 coaches who took over historically mediocre programs and become coaching legends. It took Bobby Bowden 11 years before he started consistently winning 10+ games a year. It took LaVell Edwards 8 years to start winning 10+ a year consistently. It took Frank Beamer 12 years to consistently win 10+ a year. Bowden and Beamer both had 2 10+ win seasons during those first 11 and 12 years respectively. LaVell Edwards had zero. Beaner was actually 41-47 after his first 9 years. It takes time to build a national brand type team after decades of mediocrity. Can Dan do what those 3 did. I dont know but I believe he can. Time will tell but hes doing it just like others in the past have done it. Consistent winning seasons, bowl games every year and not taking short cuts. Im sure others will have varying opinions. I did the research just for some comps in similar type situations.
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 10-17-2017 at 08:10 AM.

vCash
    Thing about it is, this team really does not have a lot of star players with the "big play" ability. They may win 8 or more this year, should have last year with a kicker, and should be better next year. If we can win 8 with no SEC receivers, and ehhh dbs, there is potential to do more, with just a few more good players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    Thing about it is, this team really does not have a lot of star players with the "big play" ability. They may win 8 or more this year, should have last year with a kicker, and should be better next year. If we can win 8 with no SEC receivers, and ehhh dbs, there is potential to do more, with just a few more good players.
    This is what is soooo frustrating. A few more players with true SEC abilities would be worth several more wins over Mullen's tenure.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post

Agree? Disagree?

Thoughts?
    Maybe Hadad should let OM's sanctions come out and let Mullen recruit and have those players actually play before making dumb ass statements like that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Maybe Hadad should let OM's sanctions come out and let Mullen recruit and have those players actually play before making dumb ass statements like that.
    Yep!

vCash
    So is Hadad lurking this board now? Didn?t we just have a 4 page thread about this very topic yesterday and this morning?
    http://http://www.elitedawgs.com/sho...s-(Long-sorry)

Guess he is getting tired of questions being answered with poot noises or Dales jokes on SPS.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    I'll agree with that..There aren't many teams that can do that. If we can do that and win 10+ every 2 or 3 years, Im good with that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    This

vCash
    I'd be fine with consistently winning 8 and having a shot at 10 wins every 4 or 5 years. I'm not fine with lazy ass recruiting that led to our current receiver group. I am also not ok with lazy ass coaching hires like towsend and sirmon. Mullen is a good coach for sure.
    He has also left a good bit on the table in a few seasons. I think 2010 was his best overall coached season. Yes I think it was better than 2014.
    Another thing I can't wrap my mind around is how we were much more competitive against the big boys in mullen's first 3 years. It's almost like he has lost that chip on his shoulder.

vCash
    Problem here: we aren’t a consistent 8 win team yet...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Problem here: we aren’t a consistent 8 win team yet...
    If we win 8 this year his avg will be exactly 8 wins per year after his first year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Problem here: we aren?t a consistent 8 win team yet...
    This is true. If we win 8 this year that'll be 5 8 win seasons in 9 years. That not too bad. We should have won 8 last year as well but a combination of Sirmon and a country club atmosphere prevented that. We should have won 8 in '11 as well. We should have beaten aubie and scar that year. Seven 8 win seasons in 9 years was definitely within our reach. This goes back to my earlier statement about leaving a lot on the table.

vCash
    Dan became extremely frustrated with what the idiots up North were doing. He was trying to build a program the right way and was having players bought out from under him left and right with seemingly no repercussions. Right or wrong it took some of his fire and drive. Notice since the investigation commenced he seems to be reinvigorated. Acting more like the Dan of old. Now its up to him to take advantage of this and take our program forward.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    If we win 8 this year his avg will be exactly 8 wins per year after his first year.
    Right on!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Dan became extremely frustrated with what the idiots up North were doing. He was trying to build a program the right way and was having players bought out from under him left and right with seemingly no repercussions. Right or wrong it took some of his fire and drive. Notice since the investigation commenced he seems to be reinvigorated. Acting more like the Dan of old. Now its up to him to take advantage of this and take our program forward.
    That may very well be true. Freeze didn't make Dan play DWill the majority of the game against south al. I think some of the bear shart shenanigans did affect us on the recruiting trail, but Dan shoulders a good bit of the blame too. He's a grown man and I'm sure he'd tell ya the same.