Thread: Interesting Text from Kentucky Basketball Fan

vCash

Interesting Text from Kentucky Basketball Fan

A good friend of mine is a die hard Kentucky basketball fan. He and I have been chatting quite frequently about the FBI investigation into Adidas. About 30 minutes ago, I got the following text from him:

If you're looking for some good sports drama talk tomorrow. Go to I Heart radio and look up WLAP 630 out of Lexington at 9:00 tomorrow morning. Will be #1 sports talk show tomorrow.

I asked for more details (specifically if they would be talking about a Kentucky basketball recruiting scandal), but he wouldn't provide any. I have no idea what they're going to be talking about, but here's your heads up if you want to tune in.

vCash
    Bump... what happened?

vCash
    Apparently nothing.

He texted me back this morning around 8:30 and said not to worry about listening. Apparently they were supposed to interview the woman who went to prison over the Pitinio sex/extortion scandal, but she backed out at the last minute.

vCash
    Tell your friend the only big news about UK that people want to hear is Calipari getting subpoenaed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by missouridawg View Post
    Tell your friend the only big news about UK that people want to hear is Calipari getting subpoenaed.
    Are you saying there might have been money that changed hands between Calipari and World Wide Wes? I am Jack's lack of surprise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by missouridawg View Post
    I've already told him that. He's such a UK homer, though, that he thinks Cal is clean. Apparently Cal stopped his cheating ways when he came to Kentucky.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TXDawg View Post
    I've already told him that. He's such a UK homer, though, that he thinks Cal is clean. Apparently Cal stopped his cheating ways when he came to Kentucky.
    That’s like an addicted gambler going to a sports book to just watch the games.

vCash
    Pitino has filed suit against Adidas. Said Adidas conspired to funnel money to recruit without his knowledge.

Seriously. Pitino must have been watching Ole Miss in how to handle this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Chaser View Post
    Pitino has filed suit against Adidas. Said Adidas conspired to funnel money to recruit without his knowledge.

Seriously. Pitino must have been watching Ole Miss in how to handle this.
    I think it’s a Peter Burns who keeps repeating that Pitino is the greatest coach in the history of NCAAB to have no clue what’s going on in his own program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    I am Jack's lack of surprise.
    Indeed.