Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Percy Harvin Effect

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Just hand Mixon and Gabe Myles the dang ball and see what happens.
    I would jet sweep a team to death and then pull it or pitch it to Aeris half the time. Make the DE pay attention to just another thing.

Or heaven forbid, put Gray in the slot. He isn't catching anything on the outside anyway. let him match up on a lb and see him own the guy.
    Downvotes_Hype

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    I agree with all of this. Good post. Donald Gray is our Percy Harvin. He needs to get plays called for him like Harvin got. He has a ton of make you miss. We see it on PR/KR. It's a little too late in his career now though to suddenly be getting RB touches but Gray is the dude we should have been using as Percy Lite. Mixon is also that guy. We have enough weapons on offense. We don't call plays tailored to those weapons though. We just call plays. I'd like this to change. I'd like the plays that get called be specifically designed to utilize a specific players skill set. For example the Couch td vs BYU. We should be attempting that over the top bomb pass to Couch 3-4 times a game every game moving forward. Specifically that exact same play. I doubt we see that play called for Couch more than 1-2 times more the entire year though. Saban on the other hand would know that is something he can exploit on defenses with Couch now and he would attempt that exact same play five times a game every game. Another play we should be running the hell out of is the speed option. Fitz with Kylin Hill. Over and over. Defense collapse on Fitz he pitches it to Hill. Defense doesn't collapse on Fitz he fakes the pitch and is ten yards upfield before the defense can even react. This play with Fitz's speed should be getting used ten times a game. Mix in a wide receiver reverse with it and it's a lethal play call. Mix in a pass off the WR reverse and it's a touchdown every time.
    Or speed option with a passing option. let couch post route that thing. Keeps the safety from crashing the party.
    Downvotes_Hype

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Or speed option with a passing option. let couch post route that thing. Keeps the safety from crashing the party.
    I like this, an rpo/speed option to the side of the field Couch is running a post/streak on. Creativity is fun.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    You're free to disagree but I can remember Dan Mullen at least 1,000 times saying that they are looking for players that create mismatches.
    You do realize that this is what every coach is looking for, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    If the mismatch isn't size then obviously he thought (right or wrong and we now know definitely wrong) that the players they were signing could use their speed and/or elusiveness to get open. It's easy to play Monday morning QB. I completely agree it hasn't worked but to me it is obvious that Mullen had some type of plan for all these small WRs or we wouldn't have 8 of them on the roster.
    We don't have small WR's because that is Mullen's preference. We have them because there are a lot more of them, which means that they are not nearly as hot of a commodity on the recruiting trail and you can find some that have flown under the radar. 6'-3"+ WR's with legit speed, ball skills, etc. are rare and they don't fly under the radar so to sign them, you have to win recruiting battles against other big time schools....Mullen definitely wants those guys, he just hasn't been able to sign them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Look, we've struggled with recruiting. It's not just WR. We appear to finally have coaches on staff that understand how to recruit better, but there's no excuses for the lazy assed recruiting Hev and Gonzo have engaged in the last couple of years. I also think we struggle to handle juco recruiting, as evidenced by the number of redshirts we use on them and the lack of skill guys we're pulling. Our coaches got comfortable and the recruiting really fell off, even from the mediocre recruiting we were doing. You can survive one weak class, you can't survive two. We've also lacked support staff for recruiting until the last couple of years.
    Don?t you get tired of posting the same crap in every thread. Jeez, have a counterpoint, Cooterpoot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Don?t you get tired of posting the same crap in every thread. Jeez, have a counterpoint, Cooterpoot.
    Don't you get tired of trying to be the board's mother?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Don't you get tired of trying to be the board's mother?
    Not yet, but with kids like y’all I do drink more... as any successful Mom should.

Shitty WRs: check
    Crappy OL: check
    Hev sux: check
    Mullen job hunting: check
    Check down aren’t cool: check

Got it!! Agreed! Move on...

vCash
    Not yet, but with kids like y’all I do drink more... as any successful Mom should.

Shitty WRs: check
    Crappy OL: check
    Hev sux: check
    Mullen job hunting: check
    Check down aren’t cool: check

Got it!! Agreed! Move on...
    If you're drinking over that- you're taking it way too seriously. Which one of the coach's wives are you?

The thing that you are glossing over is a lot of people have also talked about:

Shitty WRs- How we have at least two if not more 4 star WR's coming in.
    Crappy OL- Someone did a deep analytical post about how good they are doing.
    Hev sux- It's very simple- if he improves his recruiting the criticism would stop. Just like Dan fixing special teams has stopped the criticism there. Hev may be on the way to doing that.
    Mullen job hunting- Who is talking about that?
    Check down aren't cool- They aren't. But who is complaining about it.

Guess what? People are going to talk about SPORTS on a SPORTS message board. This isn't a sunshine pump board. There is a good balance between the good and the bad. If you don't like reading the bad- well tough shit buttercup. Most people call it like we see it good and bad. If you don't agree with something negative come back with some tangible reason why they aren't right- something you rarely if ever do on this board. You suck. Period.

vCash
    If you're drinking over that- you're taking it way too seriously. Which one of the coach's wives are you?

The thing that you are glossing over is a lot of people have also talked about:

Shitty WRs- How we have at least two if not more 4 star WR's coming in.
    Crappy OL- Someone did a deep analytical post about how good they are doing.
    Hev sux- It's very simple- if he improves his recruiting the criticism would stop. Just like Dan fixing special teams has stopped the criticism there. Hev may be on the way to doing that.
    Mullen job hunting- Who is talking about that?
    Check down aren't cool- They aren't. But who is complaining about it.

Guess what? People are going to talk about SPORTS on a SPORTS message board. This isn't a sunshine pump board. There is a good balance between the good and the bad. If you don't like reading the bad- well tough shit buttercup. Most people call it like we see it good and bad. If you don't agree with something negative come back with some tangible reason why they aren't right- something you rarely if ever do on this board. You suck. Period.
    Ha! Well that dissertation and $5 will get you a cup o’ joe at Dunkin Donuts. Maybe if I’m lucky or don’t have a ****in’ life I’ll get to 20,000 posts like you big boy. Blah, blah, blah... you think you add insight by typing a lot of words when all you say is the obvious anyway. I joined this site mostly due to the Ole Miss investigation not to hear people like you bitch and moan about MSU. I’ve dealt with that for over 40 years. Yawn... Bye.
    Last edited by Turfdawg67; 10-16-2017 at 06:34 PM.

vCash
    Ha! Well that dissertation and $5 will get you a cup o’ joe at Dunkin Donuts. Maybe if I’m lucky or don’t have a ****in’ life I’ll get to 20,000 posts like you big boy. Blah, blah, blah... you think you add insight by typing a lot of words when all you say is the obvious anyway. I joined this site mostly due to the Ole Miss investigation not to hear people like you bitch and moan about MSU. I’ve dealt with that for over 40 years. Yawn... Bye.
    When your resorting to post count smack- you have nothing left. And I guarantee you of the 839 posts that you have 800 are telling people to stop talking about something. I have enough of a life to not try to tell people what to and what not to post.

It's mediocre people like you that have held MSU back for years that are nothing but losers because you know- we "might" say something that might upset the coach and he might leave. Which is incredibly stupid because Dan doesn't love any of his friends to the point where he's giving up 5 million. Not without Megan kicking his ass in the process. Instead of addressing the problem like everyone else in the world. The funny thing is a lot of the criticisms from posters on here- including some from me have actually been addressed and now our football program is better for it. But of course when that change happens Pollyanna's like you just fall in line. Just like if Hevesy was fired tomorrow- I GUARANTEE you your dumb ass would be "Oh, yeah he was bad." just one day after telling everyone to stop talking about it.

And hey- since you are here for the NCAA news why don't you just shut the **** up when it's not a thread that's not about the NCAA and let the people here that want to talk about MSU sports actually talk about it without losers like you telling other posters to "stop talking" about sports.

vCash
    Now I see why you’re not a Twitter fan... 140 characters is not in your bag, dude. Glad to see the bitchers and whine asses think they are “making a difference” in MSU sports. Carry on... and let us all know of some secret meeting between Cohen and Mullen please. Or that we ran off Stricklin so he could double his salary. (Insert laughing emoji)

vCash
    Now I see why you’re not a Twitter fan... 140 characters is not in your bag, dude. Glad to see the bitchers and whine asses think they are “making a difference” in MSU sports. Carry on... and let us all know of some secret meeting between Cohen and Mullen please. Or that we ran off Stricklin so he could double his salary. (Insert laughing emoji)
    Oh I'm on Twitter. I can't help that you are too stupid to handle a couple of paragraphs as a "dissertation". If you don't think that the MSU athletic administration reads this board, sixpack, 247...then I don't know what to tell you. Ask anyone in the athletic office if they read these boards if you wish when you are getting your Hevesy autograph at the women's football camp next year. You can believe what you want and that MSU is this magical fairytale land where the coaches are always "right" if you wish. It's just pretty funny that the people in charge agree with the "bitchers and whine asses" more often than not at the end of the day. I'll trust what my MSU sources say about what goes on behind the scenes and believe them on those matters.

No worries because you'll fall right in line like the dumbass lemming you are so it doesn't really ****ing matter what you believe anyway. It would just be nice if you let the people that know sports talk about it while you're reading about the shitbirds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasu Dackds View Post
    We don't use any of our WRs like Mullen used Harvin back in 2008. We don't do many zig-zagging speed sweeps. Maybe it's because none of them are fast enough. I happen to believe Mixon could do it, but I digress.
    Mixon and Thomas could do that. They both quick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandwolf View Post
    You do realize that this is what every coach is looking for, right?

We don't have small WR's because that is Mullen's preference. We have them because there are a lot more of them, which means that they are not nearly as hot of a commodity on the recruiting trail and you can find some that have flown under the radar. 6'-3"+ WR's with legit speed, ball skills, etc. are rare and they don't fly under the radar so to sign them, you have to win recruiting battles against other big time schools....Mullen definitely wants those guys, he just hasn't been able to sign them.
    Are you suggesting that we wanted WRs over 6'2 that went to Memphis, USM, La Tech, Troy, UAB, etc. but Mullen lost the recruiting battles. If that is the case then he does need to be fired. No, he wanted the players we have. Sure there are others that slipped through the cracks but the reason why we have 8 WRs under 6'2 is because we had a few and kept recruiting more.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

Banned
    vCash
    I can't help that you are too stupid to handle a couple of paragraphs as a "dissertation".
    like the dumbass lemming you are
    Todd you're melting when you're insulting a middle aged woman on elitedawgs bruh. Clean it up dude that's terrible.