Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
Look, I trust what you saying is true, but I personally think your friend is being a little ridiculous.

Anyone saying they are going to win championship right now is just lying. Only one team is winning the SEC title for the foreseeable future
At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter what you or I think....they're the one being recruited, and this kid's dad is letting him make his own decision. The kid says he loves MSU, but wants to compete for a Championship. The school he is committed to isn't any closer to winning one today than we are, but they have made him believe he can. Which is why he's willing to go there and be a backup for a few years, when he could start as a freshman for us. It is what it is. Believe what you want, but if you think a 17 year old thinks the same as a couple of older message board fans, that's on you.

Bottom line, the guy actually gave lots of props to Mullen and the position coach recruiting him....but ultimately said his son doesn't feel he can compete for a championship at MSU while he feels he can at the other school. And he said he doesn't think Mullen thinks he can either, because he's never even said it. Shallow or not, that's the truth....and trust me, I've thrown my greatest sales pitches possible at his Dad, ha.