Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
Careful DAWG61 - you are starting to sound like me. Lol

The biggest problem with MSU is we?ve never given what few very good coaches we have had time to build a program.
Sasse burned out. McKeen banged the wrong girl. Warmath and Royal realized what they were up against and bugged out. Tyler pissed on the NCAA. Bellard seemed to give up. Jackie was a marked man. We never had that 25 year guy who built us into something and got his name on the stadium. The way I see it, Dan may be our last hope for that ever happening because of the way the game is run these days. To me that makes it imperative that we as fans and supporters do everything we can to keep moving us forward. We don?t need to go all Yancy and his lost sheep with it - but we do need to do a better job of pulling in the same direction and pushing toward the goal of getting us to the next level.
Dan Mullen is the only coach in my lifetime that can get us QB's (consistently) that are actually wanted by other teams. As long as he can get above average QB's for his system, we will be in much better shape as a team than any time in my lifetime. Jackie had some really good D's, but QB held him back. I'm hopeful that we can keep Grantham get a couple of shut down corners, a couple of receivers and take off.