Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter what you or I think....they're the one being recruited, and this kid's dad is letting him make his own decision. The kid says he loves MSU, but wants to compete for a Championship. The school he is committed to isn't any closer to winning one today than we are, but they have made him believe he can. Which is why he's willing to go there and be a backup for a few years, when he could start as a freshman for us. It is what it is. Believe what you want, but if you think a 17 year old thinks the same as a couple of older message board fans, that's on you.

Bottom line, the guy actually gave lots of props to Mullen and the position coach recruiting him....but ultimately said his son doesn't feel he can compete for a championship at MSU while he feels he can at the other school. And he said he doesn't think Mullen thinks he can either, because he's never even said it. Shallow or not, that's the truth....and trust me, I've thrown my greatest sales pitches possible at his Dad, ha.
You’re absolutely right. As much as Ole Miss cheated to get recruits, Hugh Freeze was a much more charismatic guy than Mullen is. Do you think Freeze recruited with the what you see is what you get mentality? No. He gave them the same bullshit everyone else does. We are also talking about a man who almost lost Tim Tebow to Mike Shula because he made such a bad first impression with his dad and Tim initially. Meyer had to clean up Mullen’s mess. Mullen is however a great football coach and a great offensive mind but he needs to surround himself with excellent recruiters to make up for his difficiencies. He needs to get rid of Hev and bring in a great recruiter in his stead. Surround himself with coaches who recruit at an extremely high level. Otherwise some of those advantages everyone thinks we should have with Ole Miss being on probation may end up going to LSU and Alabama.