Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Davis Wade Sound System sounding much improved Saturday....

vCash

Davis Wade Sound System sounding much improved Saturday....

Is my ears getting better or did they replace something and please don't tell me it was because the stadium was less then full.

I didn't want this to turn into this discussion. I just thought the sound system sounded clearer then it ever has. It sounded clear and yes it was loud.
    Last edited by Jack Lambert; 10-16-2017 at 10:30 AM.

vCash
    Didn't notice any difference but was listening to the radio as much or more.

vCash
    It sounded different because the stadium was half empty.

vCash
    The fix won’t be in place until next season. The university has selected and contracted a design firm, but the construction will be fairly extensive, so it won’t start until the offseason.

Banned
    vCash
    I remember when LT got hartley Peavey to donate a sound system to DWS. The sound was cheap and tinny.

My guess is that, to get LT off his back, He found some cheap out-of-date speakers and got rid of them, then writing them off on his taxes.

I like that we're using a professional sound company to enhance the speaker system.

vCash
    The sound in the Scoreboard Club end zone is worse. It is entirely too loud. It is very troubleing to see small children with their hands over their ears or wearing headphones.

vCash
    I guess I'm in a different Scoreboard Club then boonedawg- not loud & never seen a child wearing headphones!

vCash
    Sorry my 10 month old Daughter who has ear problems and just had tubes put in seems to offend you because the noise of the sound system and cowbells hurts her ears this early. Get over it!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fader2103 View Post
    Sorry my 10 month old Daughter who has ear problems and just had tubes put in seems to offend you because the noise of the sound system and cowbells hurts her ears this early. Get over it!
    I guess I missed someone taking a shot at kids.

vCash
    Maybe I read what he said wrong. My bad if I did.

vCash
    What I meant to say: It is troubling that the sound system is so loud that it hurts children's ears. It hurts mine too.
    Last edited by boonedawg; 10-15-2017 at 09:36 PM.

vCash
    It’s coming...
    Yes- that Behr

vCash
    it needs to be louder

vCash
    In the upper deck west side it is so loud you can’t hear yourself think. You have to yell to talk to someone next to you. I’ve seen little kids with ear muff type things and/or holding their hands over their ears.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fader2103 View Post
    What are you doing taking a 10 month old baby, with ear problems, to a stadium full of loud cowbells? No offense, just doesn't seem like the brightest thing to do.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boonedawg View Post
    The sound in the Scoreboard Club end zone is worse. It is entirely too loud. It is very troubleing to see small children with their hands over their ears or wearing headphones.
    I have sat in the lower bowl for years, the sound was always pretty terrible. This year I have sat in the upper deck all but one game, the sound is so loud I close my ears not to mention my 4 year old.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Due to the cowbells alone, kids should always be wearing ear protection...

Hell (imo), the school should offer them to any kid entering through the gates regardless of how many are in attendance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post

Hell (imo), the school should offer them to any kid entering through the gates regardless of how many are in attendance.
    Everyone should, really.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post

Oh come on, the PA in the upper deck is 10 Times louder than the bells. When it’s going you can’t hear your own bell, much less the rest of them.

vCash
    Kids have the same hearing as you and me. Their ears are not more sensitive unless they do have some kind of hearings issue or disease.

We all should be wearing hearing protection in that stadium, but we don't.
    LFC YNWA