Thread: Aubie losing could present

vCash

Aubie losing could present

Some nice bowl opportunities.
    With Bama and UGA most likely making NY6 bowls at least we could have a nice bowl destination. If auburn loses 2 more and finishes 8-4 and we finish 9-3 we could sneak into the NY6 but citrus for sure. 8-4 we may could still slide into the citrus or the Outback. What say you?

vCash
    Nashville.... I think Outback and Citrus pick SEC East teams...

vCash
    That's probably where we end up. I wouldn't mind the Texas bowl either. As long as it's not Shreveport or Jacksonville.

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash
    Aren't all of the bowls, other tha NY6, equal as in payout?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Nashville.... I think Outback and Citrus pick SEC East teams...
    The Citrus Bowl automatically takes the top SEC team that isn't in the NY6, regardless of division. LSU played there last year.

After that, Texas = Liberty = Music City = Belk = Gator = Outback. If we aren't the #1 SEC team outside the NY6, we'll go to one of those. They do like to handle those geographically, so Outback's not as likely, although LSU and Auburn have played there recently.

If we lose to Texas A&M but finish 8-4, I could see any of those 6 bowls, depending on who the other 5 teams happen to be and what the matchups are. It's really important to remember that all 6 bowls are equal so we don't have a meltdown if we're 8-4 and play an 8-4 Texas team in the Liberty Bowl.

vCash
    I think the SEC needs to renegotiate some of its Bowl Tie-ins....drop Birmingham and Shreveport for St Pete (at a better date than last year) and Bahamas

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    Some nice bowl opportunities.
    With Bama and UGA most likely making NY6 bowls at least we could have a nice bowl destination. If auburn loses 2 more and finishes 8-4 and we finish 9-3 we could sneak into the NY6 but citrus for sure. 8-4 we may could still slide into the citrus or the Outback. What say you?
    Outback is still upset with MSU fans over our boycott.

vCash
    I have a feeling that we end up in a NYD bowl game.

vCash
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Slow your role on 9-3, hoss. We’ve got some issues of our own we need to handle.
    Yes- that Behr

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MedDawg View Post
    Outback is still upset with MSU fans over our boycott.
    I was never upset about that. Give me the Georgia dome over Tampa everyday of the week and twice in Sunday's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Behrdawg View Post
    Slow your role on 9-3, hoss. We’ve got some issues of our own we need to handle.
    Oh believe me I know. This is more of just throwing ideas around. I will say I'll be disappointed with less than 8-4. Not devastated but for sure disappointed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Behrdawg View Post
    Slow your role on 9-3, hoss. We?ve got some issues of our own we need to handle.
    If Bama and GA roll into the SEC championship and it is a close game, both get into the playoff. I don't think no other P5 will have undefeated teams the week of conference championship. If we are 9-3 and what I just wrote happens I like our chances for a NYD bowl but the A&M game is going to be hard to win on the road. Our young O line has proven they can't handle noise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    If Bama and GA roll into the SEC championship and it is a close game, both get into the playoff. I don't think no other P5 will have undefeated teams the week of conference championship. If we are 9-3 and what I just wrote happens I like our chances for a NYD bowl but the A&M game is going to be hard to win on the road. Our young O line has proven they can't handle noise.
    A&M is also leading the SEC in sacks and TFL's if I'm not mistaken.

vCash
    I was never upset about that. Give me the Georgia dome over Tampa everyday of the week and twice in Sunday's.
    Yeah, I say we got the better end of the deal there. Nobody thought so at the time though.

vCash
    Georgia Dome out. Mercedes-Benz Stadium in. The Dome is already being dismantled for scrap and implosion is set for November 20.
    https://goo.gl/m4zRIL

vCash
    Bahamas....nice place for monied folk

vCash
    Well, that was thoughtless. I'll just step around this corner and trip over something. Make the moment whole.
    Last edited by drunkernhelldawg; 10-16-2017 at 09:19 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkernhelldawg View Post
    Crazy, but say but we and OM beat Bama. Bama beats AU and several teams have two losses.
    That is crazy since Bama already beat OM 66-3. Lol you drink or somethin?**

vCash
    That is crazy since Bama already beat OM 66-3. Lol you drink or somethin?**
    He doesnt call himself drunkernhelldawg for nothing****