Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Robbie Faulk Sharing Some Truth

vCash

Robbie Faulk Sharing Some Truth

Faulk posted this on twitter -

vCash
    Wow thats eye opening.

vCash
    And we have some fans clamoring for a true freshman QB to come in with freshmen tackles (LT and RT) and limited receivers in front of him.

vCash
    He also added that we need to remember that we are comparing Fitz to our best QB ever and many are being way to hard on him compared to his actual performance.

vCash
    Good stuff by Robbie.

Now we have to figure out why the numbers don't relay what our eyes are seeing.

vCash

Only an idiot with a LOW football iq would say that but yeah, I've seen some

comments of that nature on social media.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    He also added that we need to remember that we are comparing Fitz to our best QB ever and many are being way to hard on him compared to his actual performance.
    No doubt, but after back to back blowouts where we couldn't score, I think it's totally fair.

We don't have the overall talent to win with meh QB play.

Welcome to the SEC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Good stuff by Robbie.

Now we have to figure out why the numbers don't relay what our eyes are seeing.
    Bc we see dak as a cowboy now and when dak was here, we hadn?t seen good qb play in forever.

vCash
    Son and I sat through every play and have sunburned legs to prove it. Seems to me Dan is determined to make Fritz a pocket passer, (just like Dak's Sr year). Plays look like called QB runs or called hand offs to the RB. The big play, TD running machine that was Fitz the last part of last year running the read option is seldom seen. JMO, but the strongest part of Fitz's game is being held back. I think this is hurting our O, big time along with wide receiver problems. Thoughts?

vCash
    Ole Dan is throwing it a lot these days.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    No doubt, but after back to back blowouts where we couldn't score, I think it's totally fair.

We don't have the overall talent to win with meh QB play.

Welcome to the SEC.
    You must have missed a dak?s senior year vs OM and Bama. We couldn?t do anything when it counted

vCash
    Dak was a generational type player. Every qb we have now will probably be compared to him and its not fair to them. What counts is winning games. If Fitz wins its all good. Im just enjoying the fact we have competent sec qbs after all the the mediocre play we had back there for my entire lifetime.

vCash
    Wow...that is crazy.

vCash
    I don't have a problem with Mullen trying to get the throw game going. That is the only way to get better. We could have a run for 1,000 yards today but that want happen against good teams. Like I said before, I like Fitz a lot but he has to throw the ball better for us to compete with better teams.

vCash
    Leave Fitz in the pocket and ignore the zone read play and he is just another 6'5" good athlete who is not an SEC level QB. He looks nothing like the Fitz of last year. I know short, butter fingered WR's only add to the problem.

Archimedes
    vCash
    Fitz biggest issue right now is he is throwing off his back foot some and isn't getting on top of the ball and it is sailing on him.

vCash
    Yeah, seems to be a pattern this year.

vCash
    Something else to add - Dak was 5-4 as a Sophomore as the QB for the majority of the game (subtracting OSU, Arky, and OM games), and then 6-0 thru this point his Jr year for an 11-4 record. Fitz was 6-6 last year (discounting USA, because he was not the primary QB even though he started), 1-0 as a RFr (Troy), and 4-2 now for 11-8. If we win out - except Bama (which is doable)- and win a bowl, Fitz will be 16-8 vs. Dak 15-7 thru their JR years.
    Last edited by BrunswickDawg; 10-14-2017 at 09:18 PM.

vCash
    Statistics can say sometimes what you want them to say. Good stats vs. tough teams for both players or great stats against cupcakes? Not always apples to apples.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Also Dak was a QB for four years in high school and Fitz was for one.