Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Announcers UF / aTm

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasu Dackds View Post
    Yep. He (Counterpoot) knows he's lost when he attacks your character, which was not in question. No point in responding to him anymore after this, unless you just want to mess with him.
    In defense of cooter, he claims to have gotten started around 9:30 a.m.

vCash
    My question is why men (I presume) like you feel the need to fight this ridiculously overrated battle on behalf of women. What compels you to get triggered every time a guy makes a comment that could be interpreted as sexist?
    Its a well documented disorder... White Knighting.

White Knight Syndrome:
    A fairly common condition generally affecting males, White Knight Syndrome encompasses a wide range of behaviour related to "saving a damsel in distress". Almost always found near to or with Attention Whores, men affected by White Knight Syndrome are men who feel the need to protect, provide attention and affection, be viewed as "heroic", boost their ego, and generally feel good about themselves (usually because they have low self-esteem, or a small penis, or both).
    Men with White Knight Syndrome are invariably attracted to Attention Whores or Problem Women (a sub-genre of the Attention Whore, the Problem Woman craves male attention and uses her often self-inflicted "problems" to attract the White Knight) because such women can cater to the White Knight's needs and vice versa--very much like the symbiotic relationship of bacteria and fungus in lichen. Men affected with White Knight Syndrome will spend long hours cuddling such women and giving them large amounts of attention and affection, sometimes struggling to hide their erections because the ego-boost feels so great. The male affected with White Knight Syndrome ends up in a position similar to the friend zone, but this does not matter to him--he's being a good guy by offering an Attention Whore more attention.

Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Allie LaForce approves this thread:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/dani-...b_8241590.html
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    The gal, while not very good was 100 times better than the other dude. I know a handful of high school game announcers and all of them better than both of those that were on the air last night. There are quite a few women sideline announcers that are top notch in the nfl. I didn't care for her voice, just like i didn't like his. They sounds like a bunch of yankees. I prefer no noticeable accent.

vCash
    also Maybe it was a test run. Let's see what game she calls for week 8. That bama game was a blowout everyone knew it would be a blowout. I watched about 5 minutes of it because it was gonna be a blowout and when i heard the announcers i changed the channel. It was gonna be a garbage game all together... if they were gonna make a political statement they would had her calling the A&M vs Florida game. Those are the 2 largest fanbases in the SEC. Florida is also a swing state.

vCash
    My question is why men (I presume) like you feel the need to fight this ridiculously overrated battle on behalf of women. What compels you to get triggered every time a guy makes a comment that could be interpreted as sexist?
    Because one day my daughter may want to be a football color analyst and I don't want to have to tell her "sorry but you can only work the sideline". Plus, it's a message board. I hope you don't just want everyone agreeing to everything. If you don't want disagreement keep your message to yourself and you got it.

Once again I hope you all aren't saying that women having the same opportunities is strictly a liberal agenda. I know plenty of conservative women who would disagree.
    Last edited by Reason2succeed; 10-15-2017 at 03:24 PM.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    Because one day my daughter may want to be a football color analyst and I don't want to have to tell her "sorry but you can only work the sideline". Plus, it's a message board. I hope you don't just want everyone agreeing to everything. If you don't want disagreement keep your message to yourself and you got it.

Once again I hope you all aren't saying that women having the same opportunities is strictly a liberal agenda. I know plenty of conservative women who would disagree.
    I kinda figured you'd go the 'MUH DAUGHTERZ' route. I have two of them myself. All anyone on the other side of the debate is saying is that women who aren't the best at commentating shouldn't do it simply because they are a woman (which is EXACTLY why ESPN did it). I know, I know....MISOGYNY!!!

This isn't about equal opportunity. It's about gaining an advantage and has been for a long damn time. I want my daughters to get recognized because of what they do, not because they are women. When you think about it like that, it's YOUR side that is sexist.
    Last edited by Hasu Dackds; 10-15-2017 at 04:02 PM.

vCash
    I have a daughter. She wants to be a dentist. And thank God she wants to be a dentist cause she would be horrible on ESPN Saturday nite doing play by play in the SEC.

NOTE: Both my beautiful daughter and my beautiful wife are ok with my oppinion and agree that dentistry is a much better career path.

vCash
    I kinda figured you'd go the 'MUH DAUGHTERZ' route. I have two of them myself. All anyone on the other side of the debate is saying is that women who aren't the best at commentating shouldn't do it simply because they are a woman (which is EXACTLY why ESPN did it). I know, I know....MISOGYNY!!!

This isn't about equal opportunity. It's about gaining an advantage and has been for a long damn time. I want my daughters to get recognized because of what they do, not because they are women. When you think about it like that, it's YOUR side that is sexist.
    Good post
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    Allie LaForce approves this thread:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/dani-...b_8241590.html
    As far as I'm concerned, Allie can say whatever she wants to on the sideline. Don't care that she's never heard of oxygen tanks before. ** However, I'd not like her in the booth calling the game. She's fine doing what she's doing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    I won't get into a "big dick" contest on who knows more ball but I do know that she has the exact same experience as I do when it comes to hitting in the major leagues.

I've said this before...I also don't like verducci in the booth for the exact same reasons. Again...this is purely politics.
    And she’s played college ball and in the olympics. You realize there’s no difference in a softball swing and baseball swing right? The game is the same except the for field dimensions. Hell, she’s a better announcer than the guy doing the NLCS.
    I’ve had the chance to talk baseball and softball with her. She’s legit.

vCash
    I absolutely HATE Beth Mowins. I will never watch a game she does. Couldn't watch TAMU-UF bc of that awful voice. I also pretty much hate women doing PxP on football anyways, but I dislike her on another level.

As far as women announcing men's sports in general, I have no problem with it if the woman is a) knowledgeable and b) not incredibly annoying and hard to listen to. So pretty much the same criteria I have for male broadcasters. I love Doris Burke on NBA games. But Mowins, and women in the booth for football in general, is awful. Seeing some 250 pound behemoth hit a receiver so hard he shits himself just doesn't feel right when a feminine voice tells you about it. Honestly, besides about 5 people, I would rather just hear crowd noise when I watch football.

Banned
    vCash
    I don't care too much for her voice either but IMO she's pretty good. she's seems knowledgeable and stays on top of things.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    And she’s played college ball and in the olympics. You realize there’s no difference in a softball swing and baseball swing right? The game is the same except the for field dimensions. Hell, she’s a better announcer than the guy doing the NLCS.
    I’ve had the chance to talk baseball and softball with her. She’s legit.
    If you think there is no difference in hitting a pitched fast pitch softball and a pitched baseball then you are a dumbass. So many things are difference it's not even funny. And comparing Olympic softball to Major League Baseball is absurd at best.

I'm sure she has elite softball talent...and would prolly be really good calling the WCWS but when someone is breaking down the intricacies of the major league game I'd like for it to be someone with SOME experience.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    but when someone is breaking down the intricacies of the major league game I'd like for it to be someone with SOME experience.
    Or me, right shoeless? You love my breakdowns on the Braves, do you not? Haha