Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Announcers UF / aTm

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Ok, then. Maybe we shouldn't let them coach, too? Or even watch? Or write about it? Or have an opinion?

Sheesh...I bet films like Varsity Blues get you all hot and bothered about the good ole high school days.***
    Hey, hey, hey you leave varsity blues out of this, that?s quality entertainment there******
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 10-14-2017 at 11:52 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Hey, hey, hey you leave varsity blues out of this, that?s quakity entertainment there******
    Oh, I know...Ali Larter was [and still is] a ****ing smoke show....

vCash

You alright Beardo! I got that on the dvr May have to watch it again!

vCash
    Ok, then. Maybe we shouldn't let them coach, too? Or even watch? Or write about it? Or have an opinion?
    Look, if I was on QVC trying to sell you some control top pantyhose at 2:00am, and you had issues with my believeability, I wouldn't take issue with that. Don't be obtuse, I'm sure you get the concept even if you are too progressive to agree. Its cool.

This was fun....
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    Of course you've never watched ice skating or women's gymnastics because you're too manly but they often have men announcing. There are HOF coaches who have never played a down of football before.
    Nowhere did I say they had to have played football before. I just prefer men commentators for a very manly sport. I'm fine if you disagree, but that's my opinion.

I don't care if men commentate ice skating or gymnastics, and if a woman said "men shouldn't commentate gymnastics or ice skating, it bothers me", I would give zero damns. I would take no offense to a woman saying that. So I'm not real sure why you take offense to me saying I think men should commentate footbal, and that I prefer that. That is not a knock on women, it's just a personal preference.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Nowhere did I say they had to have played football before. I just prefer men commentators for a very manly sport. I'm fine if you disagree, but that's my opinion.

I don't care if men commentate ice skating or gymnastics, and if a woman said "men shouldn't commentate gymnastics or ice skating, it bothers me", I would give zero damns. I would take no offense to a woman saying that. So I'm not real sure why you take offense to me saying I think men should commentate footbal, and that I prefer that. That is not a knock on women, it's just a personal preference.

Sheesh...I bet films like Varsity Blues get you all hot and bothered about the good ole high school days.***
    Here's the deal Beardo. Men have proven consistently to be better at announcing football games than women. That's not sexist that's fact. Now I don't believe the reason for this is because they have experience playing football I think the reason is because the ones that aren't handed a job because of their football experience are only there because they had to be better than every other announcer to get there. What I am saying is the best announcers make it to the best games to announce because they are better at announcing than the others but that hiring practice seems to be totally dead with ESPN. Basically the cream rises to the top but ESPN doesn't hire or promote like that. They give announcers jobs for other reasons besides being the best announcers. They apply this same hiring and promoting technique throughout the company and it goes back to what I said. ESPN is run by an extremely liberal CEO that wants to push his agenda and politics over making money. This is part of the issue with Hollywood right now and a big problem with the Harvey Weinstein type cases. Some in Hollywood want to normalize things that have never been normal in this country and they are starting to get called out for it.

vCash

Fine but your preference isn't the only one that matters. And since when do you have to be "extremely liberal" to think that women can do jobs that men do?!? Are you sure you're okay with women driving because even I could make a case against that?*

You might not like this particular woman commentating games. That's fine but that's not what the OP said. That's what I reacted to.

You might not like it but if you listen to me it might keep you from sticking your foot in your mouth on the job and getting fired.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

Banned
    vCash
    Fine but your preference isn't the only one that matters. And since when do you have to be "extremely liberal" to think that women can do jobs that men do?!? Are you sure you're okay with women driving because even I could make a case against that?*

You might not like this particular woman commentating games. That's fine but that's not what the OP said. That's what I reacted to.

You might not like it but if you listen to me it might keep you from sticking your foot in your mouth on the job and getting fired.
    My question is why men (I presume) like you feel the need to fight this ridiculously overrated battle on behalf of women. What compels you to get triggered every time a guy makes a comment that could be interpreted as sexist?

Banned
    vCash

why can I not stop looking at this clip? I wish she could do some football announcing it that "outfit" she's got on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasu Dackds View Post
    My question is why men (I presume) like you feel the need to fight this ridiculously overrated battle on behalf of women. What compels you to get triggered every time a guy makes a comment that could be interpreted as sexist?
    I'd assume it comes from the same place that compels you to get triggered every time you see/hear a women calling a football game....

vCash
    What if she’s making sandwiches while she’s calling the game?

vCash
    Zero doubt that ESPN stuck her in a Saturday nite SEC GAME on purpose because of politics. That said there are a ton of men play by play guys that are absolutely awful...guy calling the ole miss game for example didn't have a frikin clue. The main reason I'm not a mowins fan is because her voice is annoying as hell.

Now what I think is over the top stupid is sticking a woman in the Sunday night baseball booth as a color commentator!!! I definitely like some experience in that position.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    Zero doubt that ESPN stuck her in a Saturday nite SEC GAME on purpose because of politics. That said there are a ton of men play by play guys that are absolutely awful...guy calling the ole miss game for example didn't have a frikin clue. The main reason I'm not a mowins fan is because her voice is annoying as hell.

Now what I think is over the top stupid is sticking a woman in the Sunday night baseball booth as a color commentator!!! I definitely like some experience in that position.
    Mendoza knows waaaaaaay more ball that you. Trust me, I sat in a coach?ng conference with her. She's freaking sharp!
    Shes as knowable about hitting as any guy you'll meet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Need FL to win to start that annual A&M tanking.
    Looks like it's up to us again. We have a good recent history though, 2 out of the last 3 seasons! Hail State! I'll be there at Kyle Field. Dan better not outsmart himself.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullsy View Post
    please tell me her name so i can list my preference of announcers for you and include her name on the list (i would hate to omit her).
    I think it's Beth Mowins (sp?). I know her voice is almost mannish but she is actually attractive and a great person.
    I have no problem with women as lead anchors for the news or anything else....but football is a man's sport that is about two groups of men physically beating the hell out of each other for 4 Q's. So forgive me if I'd prefer men announcers that know what it's like to be full of testosterone and wanting to knock the shit out of the guy standing across from them. I'm sure women wouldn't prefer a man hosting a crafting or home decor show....and if they told me a man shouldn't be hosting their favorite girl show, I would have zero damn issue with it.

On a similar note, I don't understand the desire women have these days to do everything a man does. It's okay for girls to be girls and guys to be guys. You don't see guys going and trying to join sororities or Girl Scouts, despite the delicious cookies & other things it would provide access to. Ha
    This is kind if how I feel. I don't think Beth does a bad job at all. It just feels more natural to me to have a man call the game. And that's not sexist. It's a preference. This kind if thing shouldn't be forced and ESPN sometimes makes it feel forced.

If she's in the prime time slot because she's the best announcer then that makes sense. But this is for politics and that's starting to get old.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash

I think you're confusing me with someone else. I never said the words "extremely liberal", and I do not need you preaching to me. If I don't want women commentating, and don't think they're as good at it, that is 100% fine....in no way shape or form is that "sticking my foot in my mouth". Being "Politically Correct", does not mean you're "correct".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasu Dackds View Post
    No shit. I don't get it. 90%+ of women likely agree with me too....so he's defending like 10% of feminist women, not just women.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Mendoza knows waaaaaaay more ball that you. Trust me, I sat in a coach?ng conference with her. She's freaking sharp!
    Shes as knowable about hitting as any guy you'll meet.
    I won't get into a "big dick" contest on who knows more ball but I do know that she has the exact same experience as I do when it comes to hitting in the major leagues.

I've said this before...I also don't like verducci in the booth for the exact same reasons. Again...this is purely politics.

Banned
    vCash
    I'd assume it comes from the same place that compels you to get triggered every time you see/hear a women calling a football game....
    Ha, 'I know you are but what am I' smack. Brilliant.

But I'll indulge you. As far as being triggered, ask the OP. I mute the TV for most games, so I don't listen to any announcers. No trigger-ment here.

Banned
    vCash
    I won't get into a "big dick" contest on who knows more ball but I do know that she has the exact same experience as I do when it comes to hitting in the major leagues.
    Yep. He (Counterpoot) knows he's lost when he attacks your character, which was not in question. No point in responding to him anymore after this, unless you just want to mess with him.