Thread: Shotgun's Thoughts

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash

Shotgun's Thoughts

- Atrocious crowd today. Every MSU fan not at the game today that had the means and ability to come, but just choose not to should be ashamed. We can't build this program any bigger than what it is now with today's effort.

- Greg Eiland is coming along. He is a good body.

- I beg you guys to pay attention to Aeris Williams' pass blocking. Take a few plays and just watch him. I did this today and have an entire new respect for him.

- Wish Cook was as good against big time SEC teams as he is against bad teams. Also, when he pooches the ball, he needs to aim for the 5 yard line and not the goal line. He's just a little long.

- We are a good team, probably between 15-25th best team in the country, but we are extremely limited because we simply can't play catch. We are the really talented baseball team can't warm up down the line without over throwing each other, short hopping, and chasing balls to the fences. With short receivers and an inaccurate QB, we consistnetly don't make the routine plays in the passing game because we can't play catch. Throw out the top level talent thing. If this team could play catch and make the fundamental throws and catches, we are immediately a significantly better team.

- Fitz is an outstanding football player, but not a QB. Can't play catch. Has a rocket arm but throws it over your fence and into the neighbor's yard.

- Due to Fitz's inability to play catch, I wish we went deep more. As evidenced by Couch's TD today, it's my opinion that the deep ball is actually the pass the Fitz throws best. He lacks the touch and the ability to read defenses quick enough to be an above average passer, but he can chuck it. He's like weekend golfer that can hit it a mile but has a shitty short game. Best from long distances.

- where do you sign up to get Vandy and KY in your schedule in the same year? I don't want to hear about final records. It really speaks to how unfair the SEC schedule can be.

- Getting Cory Thomas back will be big. Hopefully it's soon.

- Again, we are good but limited by a QB with reliever like control pitching to tiny strike zones. It'll be the same thing in 2018 unless Fitz can make a major jump in reading defenses and accuracy.

- I see 8 wins. I think we lose to Bama and one more because we collectively are a 10 year old baseball team that struggles to sustain drives against quality teams because we can't make the fudemental plays in the passing game. Can't play catch.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 10-14-2017 at 05:50 PM.