Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shotgun's Thoughts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    I ain't gonna bitch so much on crowd, yes it was bad but playing a bad BYU team, had our butt's handed to us the last two games, 11 o'clock kickoff with temps upper 80's are not good. Hey lots more Blue Hairs than students and young people attended! LOL.

It will be a great crowd next week, let's hope we play our best game.

Finally, we dominated but we weren't sharp by any means, I think we will get better. Just make tackles, complete the easy passes and quit giving up the big plays!
    As I said, big games take care of themselves. It's games like this with recruits in attendance where we actually make a real difference.

vCash
    Really wanted to go but sometimes life gets in the way. Will be there next weekend with my entire family plus a few more. I like Fitz a lot but he throws a terrible ball. It's like every pass is a dying duck. The receivers should catch passes that hit them in the hands but that dead duck ball makes it way more difficult.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Watch them again. Both were balls that never should have been thrown.
    I?ll agree about the 2nd pick, but the first was a catchable ball. Not perfect, but catchable.

But, forced balls, bad decisions, and picks are part of the game aren?t they? Dak was very guilty of forcing balls that became picks. Watch any of his Bama games, or Ole Miss 2015. Shit happens.

vCash
    Watch them again. Both were balls that never should have been thrown.
    Yes.. they were. The first shoumd have been caught. The second the receiver never helped. That pass was designed for the wr to go up.

I will watch the replay though
    Whistleblower exposes: (FISA), Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts, 156 other judges, members of Congress, and Donald J. Trump were targeted by the HAMMER.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I?ll agree about the 2nd pick, but the first was a catchable ball. Not perfect, but catchable.

But, forced balls, bad decisions, and picks are part of the game aren?t they? Dak was very guilty of forcing balls that became picks. Watch any of his Bama games, or Ole Miss 2015. Shit happens.
    The touch down pass was a great example of a wr using his body and slow step into a burst to gain separation.

We need him to become the guy
    Whistleblower exposes: (FISA), Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts, 156 other judges, members of Congress, and Donald J. Trump were targeted by the HAMMER.

vCash
    Not bringing him down, just stating facts. Against a decent opponent those two would have lost the game. You can't do stupid crap like that.
    I accept that but he had a real good day.

Banned
    vCash
    If you want better, get your ass to THESE games. The big games will always take care of themselves.
    I'm not the only complaining. Just stop trying to shame people for not wanting to sit in 129 degree heat in the boiling sun for a game that effects me in no way in real life. This is all just make believe anyway, dude.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I accept that but he had a real good day.
    He should have had a great day. How many times was he under pressure today? For most of the day, it seemed like he had a clean pocket.

I'll say it here - if he doesn't break the habit of throwing off his back foot - it's going to burn us bad against a decent/good defense...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    He should have had a great day. How many times was he under pressure today? For most of the day, it seemed like he had a clean pocket.

I'll say it here - if he doesn't break the habit of throwing off his back foot - it's going to burn us bad against a decent/good defense...
    I love how hard Nick plays and hes a helluva competitor but that throwing off the back foot has become a bad habit and hes got to get that fixed. You just cant do that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollodawg View Post
    I'm not the only complaining. Just stop trying to shame people for not wanting to sit in 129 degree heat in the boiling sun for a game that effects me in no way in real life. This is all just make believe anyway, dude.
    It was less than 90. If it doesn’t affect you in real life then shut up and find another team. I’ll hear about our attendance next week for sure. It games like this where making and effort to be there matters. The big games will always be full.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Playing GA and Auburn on the road with a young O line was had a lot to do with Fitz passing game.
    We are in year 9 of this John Hevesey shitshow. I really like Mullen, but I am sick of this young O-Line in perpetuity bullshit.

Banned
    vCash
    It was less than 90. If it doesn’t affect you in real life then shut up and find another team. I’ll hear about our attendance next week for sure. It games like this where making and effort to be there matters. The big games will always be full.
    I'm sorry I have something to live for other than college sports.....I guess? The fan shaming shit gets old, dude.

vCash
    He was, but those to INTs in the endzone were all on him, and had they been against a SEC team one of them would have been a Pick 6 for sure. The other one might have been. BYU is SLOW.
    I agree, the first INT was just a pass that sailed and the second was a pass that should have never been thrown.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    I agree, the first INT was just a pass that sailed and the second was a pass that should have never been thrown.
    Exactly right! The first one was eye level with me and he sailed it 3 feet over Williams head. He had to make a leap just to get his hands on it. Nick should have stuck it right in his gut for an easy TD. The second was a terrible read and throw off his back foot. It almost looked like he never saw the DB when he threw it.

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollodawg View Post
    I'm sorry I have something to live for other than college sports.....I guess? The fan shaming shit gets old, dude.
    This is such a lame response. You have other things to live for other than college sports yet you have 2000 + posts on a college sports message board.

People can't have it both ways. If you want to complain about how we can't get better, but then don't attend games that you can attend then I think it's hypocritical. The 2 things are connected. If you want to compete with the big boys you have to act like them, and have the fan support. We arent there and wont get there with our current way of thinking.

vCash
    I was disappointed with the crowd. But it is just a football game and people's prerogative to eat their tickets and stay home. However I know of people in Columbus and our "fan media" are sitting at home and complaining about players, calling them out by name over FB and twitter and etc. That pisses me off. If you are such a fan, that you don't come to games, stay off FB and twitter ..... uploading your BS "break down" of plays. Everyone can see the QB threw one low. Geezzz captain obvious.

I went to the game yesterday. We won't beat aTm or Bama. The others are winnable.
    Last edited by Maroonthirteen; 10-15-2017 at 06:20 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    - Atrocious crowd today. Every MSU fan not at the game today that had the means and ability to come, but just choose not to should be ashamed. We can't build this program any bigger than what it is now with today's effort.

- Greg Eiland is coming along. He is a good body.

- I beg you guys to pay attention to Aeris Williams' pass blocking. Take a few plays and just watch him. I did this today and have an entire new respect for him.

- Wish Cook was as good against big time SEC teams as he is against bad teams. Also, when he pooches the ball, he needs to aim for the 5 yard line and not the goal line. He's just a little long.

- We are a good team, probably between 15-25th best team in the country, but we are extremely limited because we simply can't play catch. We are the really talented baseball team can't warm up down the line without over throwing each other, short hopping, and chasing balls to the fences. With short receivers and an inaccurate QB, we consistnetly don't make the routine plays in the passing game because we can't play catch. Throw out the top level talent thing. If this team could play catch and make the fundamental throws and catches, we are immediately a significantly better team.

- Fitz is an outstanding football player, but not a QB. Can't play catch. Has a rocket arm but throws it over your fence and into the neighbor's yard.

- Due to Fitz's inability to play catch, I wish we went deep more. As evidenced by Couch's TD today, it's my opinion that the deep ball is actually the pass the Fitz throws best. He lacks the touch and the ability to read defenses quick enough to be an above average passer, but he can chuck it. He's like weekend golfer that can hit it a mile but has a shitty short game. Best from long distances.

- where do you sign up to get Vandy and KY in your schedule in the same year? I don't want to hear about final records. It really speaks to how unfair the SEC schedule can be.

- Getting Cory Thomas back will be big. Hopefully it's soon.

- Again, we are good but limited by a QB with reliever like control pitching to tiny strike zones. It'll be the same thing in 2018 unless Fitz can make a major jump in reading defenses and accuracy.

- I see 8 wins. I think we lose to Bama and one more because we collectively are a 10 year old baseball team that struggles to sustain drives against quality teams because we can't make the fudemental plays in the passing game. Can't play catch.
    I give your Collin cowherd impression a B+

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bruce Dickinson View Post
    This is such a lame response. You have other things to live for other than college sports yet you have 2000 + posts on a college sports message board.

People can't have it both ways. If you want to complain about how we can't get better, but then don't attend games that you can attend then I think it's hypocritical. The 2 things are connected. If you want to compete with the big boys you have to act like them, and have the fan support. We arent there and wont get there with our current way of thinking.

Some of the locals that live within 30 minutes of the stadium need to realize that there are a lot of out of state alums that have tickets. These people have to pick and choose their weeks to come to Starkville, not to mention the fleecing from the local hotels. If you want to compare who is the biggest fans, lets disclose our BDC ranking and how many alumni groups we are in. How about lifetime giving stats?

The fact is MSU athletics cannot survive without out of state giving, and if you don't believe me look at the names on the latest facilities (athletics and academics).
    Last edited by IMissJack; 10-15-2017 at 07:01 PM.

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    Some of the locals that live within 30 minutes of the stadium need to realize that there are a lot of out of state alums that have tickets. These people have to pick and choose their weeks to come to Starkville, not to mention the fleecing from the local hotels. If you want to compare who is the biggest fans, lets disclose our BDC ranking and how many alumni groups we are in. How about lifetime giving stats?

The fact is MSU athletics cannot survive without out of state giving, and if you don't believe me look at the names on the latest facilities (athletics and academics).
    I am not trying to call out the out of state people who live 2 + hours away. I am calling out the fans who live within 60 miles and can't come to a game because it's "too hot". If that's what they want to do that's fine, but those same people don't need to talk about the other of their mouth about how we suck, and can't compete with the bigger programs. Like I said, the two subjects are related.

vCash
    Then sell your tix, old man.