Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shotgun's Thoughts

vCash

Shotgun's Thoughts

- Atrocious crowd today. Every MSU fan not at the game today that had the means and ability to come, but just choose not to should be ashamed. We can't build this program any bigger than what it is now with today's effort.

- Greg Eiland is coming along. He is a good body.

- I beg you guys to pay attention to Aeris Williams' pass blocking. Take a few plays and just watch him. I did this today and have an entire new respect for him.

- Wish Cook was as good against big time SEC teams as he is against bad teams. Also, when he pooches the ball, he needs to aim for the 5 yard line and not the goal line. He's just a little long.

- We are a good team, probably between 15-25th best team in the country, but we are extremely limited because we simply can't play catch. We are the really talented baseball team can't warm up down the line without over throwing each other, short hopping, and chasing balls to the fences. With short receivers and an inaccurate QB, we consistnetly don't make the routine plays in the passing game because we can't play catch. Throw out the top level talent thing. If this team could play catch and make the fundamental throws and catches, we are immediately a significantly better team.

- Fitz is an outstanding football player, but not a QB. Can't play catch. Has a rocket arm but throws it over your fence and into the neighbor's yard.

- Due to Fitz's inability to play catch, I wish we went deep more. As evidenced by Couch's TD today, it's my opinion that the deep ball is actually the pass the Fitz throws best. He lacks the touch and the ability to read defenses quick enough to be an above average passer, but he can chuck it. He's like weekend golfer that can hit it a mile but has a shitty short game. Best from long distances.

- where do you sign up to get Vandy and KY in your schedule in the same year? I don't want to hear about final records. It really speaks to how unfair the SEC schedule can be.

- Getting Cory Thomas back will be big. Hopefully it's soon.

- Again, we are good but limited by a QB with reliever like control pitching to tiny strike zones. It'll be the same thing in 2018 unless Fitz can make a major jump in reading defenses and accuracy.

- I see 8 wins. I think we lose to Bama and one more because we collectively are a 10 year old baseball team that struggles to sustain drives against quality teams because we can't make the fudemental plays in the passing game. Can't play catch.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 10-14-2017 at 05:50 PM.

vCash
    Good post. You notice how basic we played on defense today? Nothing exotic hardly any blitzing. And still stuffed them.

vCash
    Hell Gun if we're that much like a baseball team let's bring up somebody from AAA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    -

- where do you sign up to get Vandy and KY in your schedule in the same year? I don't want to hear about final records. It really speaks to how unfair the SEC schedule can be.
    We did this in 2014 ... when we won 10 regular season games. We had to scrap like hell to beat KY tho.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    - Atrocious crowd today. Every MSU fan not at the game today that had the means and ability to come, but just choose not to should be ashamed. We can't build this program any bigger than what it is now with today's effort.

- Greg Eiland is coming along. He is a good body.

- I beg you guys to pay attention to Aeris Williams' pass blocking. Take a few plays and just watch him. I did this today and have an entire new respect for him.

- Wish Cook was as good against big time SEC teams as he is against bad teams. Also, when he pooches the ball, he needs to aim for the 5 yard line and not the goal line. He's just a little long.

- We are a good team, probably between 15-25th best team in the country, but we are extremely limited because we simply can't play catch. We are the really talented baseball team can't warm up down the line without over throwing each other, short hopping, and chasing balls to the fences. With short receivers and an inaccurate QB, we consistnetly don't make the routine plays in the passing game because we can't play catch. Throw out the top level talent thing. If this team could play catch and make the fundamental throws and catches, we are immediately a significantly better team.

- Fitz is an outstanding football player, but not a QB. Can't play catch. Has a rocket arm but throws it over your fence and into the neighbor's yard.

- Due to Fitz's inability to play catch, I wish we went deep more. As evidenced by Couch's TD today, it's my opinion that the deep ball is actually the pass the Fitz throws best. He lacks the touch and the ability to read defenses quick enough to be an above average passer, but he can chuck it. He's like weekend golfer that can hit it a mile but has a shitty short game. Best from long distances.

- Getting Cory Thomas back will be big. Hopefully it's soon.

- Again, we are good but limited by a QB with reliever like control pitching to tiny strike zones. It'll be the same thing in 2018 unless Fitz can make a major jump in reading defenses and accuracy.

- I see 8 wins. I think we lose to Bama and one more because we collectively are a 10 year old baseball team that struggles to sustain drives against quality teams because we can't make the fudemental plays in the passing game. Can't play catch.
    Not bad, I ain't buying the win total yet though. Ask me again next week.

Banned
    vCash
    Nobody should ever be ashamed of not coming to a game. It's entertainment, people. Lol

Banned
    vCash
    But I agree with you on Fitz. He's an amazing athelete and has heart to spare, but he still struggles throwing the ball. He's as good as he's likely gonna get.

vCash
    Great post. Fitz' passing is being made to look worse than it is though by our receivers. There's not arguing about his touch, but he gets enough balls on their hands than we should have several more catches per game and several more drives that would've been sustained. I don't buy the spider man hands gray stuff. I know some of those are contested balls, but shit, you have to catch some of them. Just b/c a defender bumps into you isn't an excuse for a drop every single time. Our whole wr group has a problems.

vCash
    My 11 year old daughter and 82 year old father in law was there and stayed for the entire game. 82 you bunch of pussies.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    Great post. Fitz' passing is being made to look worse than it is though by our receivers. There's not arguing about his touch, but he gets enough balls on their hands than we should have several more catches per game and several more drives that would've been sustained. I don't buy the spider man hands gray stuff. I know some of those are contested balls, but shit, you have to catch some of them. Just b/c a defender bumps into you isn't an excuse for a drop every single time. Our whole wr group has a problems.
    He was 62% today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollodawg View Post
    Nobody should ever be ashamed of not coming to a game. It's entertainment, people. Lol
    If you want better, get your ass to THESE games. The big games will always take care of themselves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    He was 62% today.
    He was, but those to INTs in the endzone were all on him, and had they been against a SEC team one of them would have been a Pick 6 for sure. The other one might have been. BYU is SLOW.

vCash
    He was 62% today.

Well, 62.5%... Most folks would call that 63%.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    He was, but those to INTs in the endzone were all on him, and had they been against a SEC team one of them would have been a Pick 6 for sure. The other one might have been. BYU is SLOW.
    I believe he was in the 60% against LSU. Playing GA and Auburn on the road with a young O line was had a lot to do with Fitz passing game.

I don't understand why you have to bring the guy down?

vCash
    I ain't gonna bitch so much on crowd, yes it was bad but playing a bad BYU team, had our butt's handed to us the last two games, 11 o'clock kickoff with temps upper 80's are not good. Hey lots more Blue Hairs than students and young people attended! LOL.

It will be a great crowd next week, let's hope we play our best game.

Finally, we dominated but we weren't sharp by any means, I think we will get better. Just make tackles, complete the easy passes and quit giving up the big plays!

vCash
    Dropped passes are killing drives.
    Whistleblower exposes: (FISA), Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts, 156 other judges, members of Congress, and Donald J. Trump were targeted by the HAMMER.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    We dont disagree much, but both of those were on the receivers.
    Whistleblower exposes: (FISA), Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts, 156 other judges, members of Congress, and Donald J. Trump were targeted by the HAMMER.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Dropped passes are killing drives.
    Agree. It's not just Fitz.

It's a collective failure of not being able to play catch.

Our best play today was the QB draw and that just isn't a reliable tactic against legit teams.

vCash
    I believe he was in the 60% against LSU. Playing GA and Auburn on the road with a young O line was had a lot to do with Fitz passing game.

I don't understand why you have to bring the guy down?
    Not bringing him down, just stating facts. Against a decent opponent those two would have lost the game. You can't do stupid crap like that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    We dont disagree much, but both of those were on the receivers.
    Watch them again. Both were balls that never should have been thrown.