Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: I hate even saying it.....AJ Brown...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I wanna win. Now I dang sure don?t wanna win at any costs like Baylor or penn state; but if comes down to swallowing pride to have a game changer like AJ, count me in.
    Here’s the bigger point. Why wouldn’t you want to go to the school you lived right down the street from and become a legend in your hometown? Let’s say he wasn’t a fan growing up but he is a narcissist and one of his parents does work for State. Seems stupid to me that he went to Ole Miss since he can’t very well come back to the Starkville community with open arms. He will get the biggest boos on Thanksgiving and rightfully so. When he signed on the dotted line at Ole Miss, he sealed his fate in Starkville. With that said, if he wanted to be here I’d have no problem with him coming here next year. We will have three four star big receivers coming in next year so the WR position should be solid next year. Doesn’t help this year though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    The better question is: why would anyone turn that down?

If I had no emotional cheering interest and Jackson St offered me $315 K + a car, I'm gone.
    Why wasn’t the kid a Bulldog fan growing up? That’s the bigger issue. Only at MSU do we have 4 Star kids at our high school not fans of MSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    Here’s the bigger point. Why wouldn’t you want to go to the school you lived right down the street from and become a legend in your hometown? Let’s say he wasn’t a fan growing up but he is a narcissist and one of his parents does work for State. Seems stupid to me that he went to Ole Miss since he can’t very well come back to the Starkville community with open arms. He will get the biggest boos on Thanksgiving and rightfully so. When he signed on the dotted line at Ole Miss, he sealed his fate in Starkville. With that said, if he wanted to be here I’d have no problem with him coming here next year. We will have three four star big receivers coming in next year so the WR position should be solid next year. Doesn’t help this year though.
    B.B.D.

vCash
    I?ll trade my pride and OM a choice of 2 of our WRs for AJ haha
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    To be fair, Starkville players should be steered to us, just like Oxford players should be steered to Ole Miss, Fayetteville players should be steered to Arkansas, Knoxville players should be steered to Tennessee, etc.

I mean, how do we let a non-homer get installed as coach of Starkville High School?
    How did a non-homer get the job as HC -- (public information) he took the position at 50,000.00.... Coach before 83,000.00 coach that came after makes $78,200.00. both of his children graduated from OM.
    Last edited by Mimi's Babies; 10-15-2017 at 11:25 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    I don't know AJ from Adam. However Alabama has a huge huge influence on the GTR. It is just as much an Alabama area as MSU. Just like Freddie Milons, I hear he would have went to Bama if not for the money. Players that good, we will get some. We will
    Lose some as long as Bama is that good. We did a helluva recruiting job to get Hill out of Columbus.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    The truth is Dan got pissed off because he expected Starkville High players to be steered to MSU and when he found out it wasn't that easy and he actually had to recruit he got pissy. He's too arrogant to bring him on the team. It is what it is.
    Truth is Ole Miss paid for his services and Dan did not. Your assumptions become truth in your mind.
    Last edited by Turfdawg67; 10-15-2017 at 12:42 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Truth is Ole Miss paid for his services and Dan did not. Your assumptions become truth in your mind.
    315 grand is a large amount. Might be surprised who booster is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimi's Babies View Post
    You might be surprised who the bagman is... As to whom you should blame... Let's call the kettle black.... Randy Carsile, Ricky Woods, Barney Farrar, Chris Kiffin....... Along with others are to blame for the illegal recruiting activities that went on at SHS. Place blame where blame is totally due.
    Mini, I think you have to add Milton Smith in that group, Milton being the AD and a former MSU player should have put a stop to it, especially with his in house employees. I know Milton I was a GA under Rocky and Jackie when Milton played. I was really disappointed he didn't step up and be a leader.

vCash
    We play against great players every Saturday. I hope he's one of them, because I never want to see him wear maroon and white. He doesn't serve it.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandwolf View Post
    You think OM would turn themselves in and subject themselves to further sanctions in an effort to make AJ ineligible? That is some of the dumbest shit I have ever heard.....seriously, just stop.
    Absolutely they would if it meant they get MSU in trouble too. You haven't been paying attention to the thousands of Ole Miss fans that have claimed everything they get as a punishment is worth the joy they got from beating Bama two straight seasons. It's been said countless times by OM fans. So that makes you the least aware poster on this board cause you haven't been paying attention one bit to how assbackwards OM fans mindset has been throughout this entire deal. They literally do not care one bit they are getting ****ed by the NCAA. They've already decided it was worth it to them. They are just counting the days till they can start cheating again only this time they will attempt to clean up the mistakes they made. Still gonna cheat just as hard and bad though. Their new goal and only goal till that day arrives is to get MSU busted for anything. Doesn't matter what it is. They want blood from MSU not their own athletic/football program that put them in the position they are in today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Absolutely they would if it meant they get MSU in trouble too. You haven't been paying attention to the thousands of Ole Miss fans that have claimed everything they get as a punishment is worth the joy they got from beating Bama two straight seasons. It's been said countless times by OM fans. So that makes you the least aware poster on this board cause you haven't been paying attention one bit to how assbackwards OM fans mindset has been throughout this entire deal. They literally do not care one bit they are getting ****ed by the NCAA. They've already decided it was worth it to them. They are just counting the days till they can start cheating again only this time they will attempt to clean up the mistakes they made. Still gonna cheat just as hard and bad though. Their new goal and only goal till that day arrives is to get MSU busted for anything. Doesn't matter what it is. They want blood from MSU not their own athletic/football program that put them in the position they are in today.
    ?Hey NCAA, we paid AJ,? - OM. How exactly does that get us in trouble? It would just get OM repeat offender and AJ ineligible

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodaski View Post
    Mini, I think you have to add Milton Smith in that group, Milton being the AD and a former MSU player should have put a stop to it, especially with his in house employees. I know Milton I was a GA under Rocky and Jackie when Milton played. I was really disappointed he didn't step up and be a leader.
    Then there are more administrators names to be added to that list. FYI, Ricky Woods was calling those illegal visits... When I asked an administrator that is exactly what I was told. " Coach woods told us to let Barney farrar in anytime he wanted to visit". (Drove though the back gate parked and walked into the Cafe) not signing in. Not one of the principal's stopped him.
    Why not ask Randy Carsile about letting him in the football field house during the fall of 2015, and in the Baseball field house in the spring of 2016. Interesting.. just a little.
    As to Smith... December 31, 2017, cannot come soon enough.
    Last edited by Mimi's Babies; 10-15-2017 at 05:52 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    ?Hey NCAA, we paid AJ,? - OM. How exactly does that get us in trouble? It would just get OM repeat offender and AJ ineligible
    I said yesterday no way OM lets AJ play for MSU ever. Him being ineligible would be worth it to them even if that gets them in more trouble. They do not care about getting in trouble or getting in more trouble right now. They aren't going to let him play for MSU. No matter what.

vCash
    I wanna win. Now I dang sure don?t wanna win at any costs like Baylor or penn state; but if comes down to swallowing pride to have a game changer like AJ, count me in.
    7-8 years ago a team in our state needed a QB. There happened to be a transfer QB available with amazing stats but questionable character. His name was Jeremiah Masoli. That turned out well.**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Right.**. That's why we hired recruiting analysts after that year for no good reason.**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    I said yesterday no way OM lets AJ play for MSU ever. Him being ineligible would be worth it to them even if that gets them in more trouble. They do not care about getting in trouble or getting in more trouble right now. They aren't going to let him play for MSU. No matter what.
    Again, the dumbest shit I’ve ever heard. Ole Miss would never turn themselves in and subject themselves to further sanctions to keep AJ from playing at State. Their decision makers do not think like the crazies on the Spirit. They will definitely try to get us in trouble in the future, but they aren’t stupid enough to go and admit to pay for play just because they don’t want AJ to play for us.

There’s no reason to come up with ridiculous bullshit like this to support the idea that we shouldn’t take AJ. Just say that you can’t move past the stupid stuff he did during his recruitment and you don’t want him to come here. I think it’s petty but I’d be willing to bet that Mullen feels the same way that you do, so even if he did want to transfer in, it’s never gonna happen.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandwolf View Post
    Again, the dumbest shit I’ve ever heard. Ole Miss would never turn themselves in and subject themselves to further sanctions to keep AJ from playing at State. Their decision makers do not think like the crazies on the Spirit. They will definitely try to get us in trouble in the future, but they aren’t stupid enough to go and admit to pay for play just because they don’t want AJ to play for us.

There’s no reason to come up with ridiculous bullshit like this to support the idea that we shouldn’t take AJ. Just say that you can’t move past the stupid stuff he did during his recruitment and you don’t want him to come here. I think it’s petty but I’d be willing to bet that Mullen feels the same way that you do, so even if he did want to transfer in, it’s never gonna happen.
    Keep up bud. I want msstate7 to get AJ Brown for MSU. Go get him!!

vCash
    Another AJ td. That guy isn?t good enough for us

If you want a me me me player and not a team player then AJ is for you. Our coaching philosophy has been come in and practice hard and earn your position. Well, AJ would blow that philosophy. He burned his bridges with MSU a while back. If you still want him, then tell Dan and see what he says. You may be shocked and defintely you would be disappointed.

vCash
    For real. AJ isn?t a good fit with us; our WRs spend every day helping the elderly cross the street and having communion. Leading the sec in receiving is nice, but leading the sec in love and respect is the main goal here

This post is pathetic, but if you want a me me player and one who wants what's best for him and not the team, then carry on.

vCash
    What if ... AJ matures and stops being a "me first" kind of guy? Lots of high-quality adults were shitty teenagers.