Thread: Rankin out Eiland in

vCash

Rankin out Eiland in

Why would you not use the off week to get Jenkins reps at LT and Moon at center. This staff for as much good as they do really leave me confused....

vCash
    Maybe they expect rankin back next week

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    Why would you not use the off week to get Jenkins reps at LT and Moon at center. This staff for as much good as they do really leave me confused....
    This staff does a lot of good. They score points and beat 6 to 8 lower to mid-tier teams every year. They don't score points and lose 4 - 6 games to mid to upper-tier teams. It's all good ***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    This staff does a lot of good. They score points and beat 6 to 8 lower to mid-tier teams every year. They don't score points and lose 4 - 6 games to mid to upper-tier teams. It's all good ***
    Yep. We should fire dan and go get urban Meyer. We?re obviously a sleeping giant and Mullen is the only thing keeping us from championships

vCash
    Bc eiland is better than moon. Eiland will probably be drafted in a few years

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Yep. We should fire dan and go get urban Meyer. We?re obviously a sleeping giant and Mullen is the only thing keeping us from championships
    I figured you'd be trolling me back LOL

I'm all for it. Actually tho ... I would look for a James Franklin type. Need a really good offensive coordinator that then hires a really good D coordinator.

Mullen is overrated as an O coach IMO. He just is. And if Fitz doesn't progress further than he is now, then I may lean to Brian Johnson being key in that. Mullen gets credit but all his QBs outside of Dak played for Urban Meyer too. Our most creative O with lesser talent (except maybe on Oline) was in 2010 when we had another O coordinator.

I can take being competitive and losing to Ga & AU. To get annihilated 2 weeks in a row there was no reason for that IMO ... we played the national champs in 2010 better.

Next year ... everyone says we should be better next year. I expect 10 - 11 wins.

Funny thing ... you were defending Harbaugh this past week when he is in year 3. I'll agree with you on that one somewhat. However, ever since McE & Kirby started as HCs in SEC you expected them to be upper tier very first year. You were all over them when they lost and they sucked in your opinion. You questioned Franklin early on. With Dan you have infinite patience. Seems like you let your personal likes/dislikes sway your judgement somewhat.

vCash
    Probably shouldn't be sarcastic. Some people on here will say that you don't like Mullen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    Probably shouldn't be sarcastic. Some people on here will say that you don't like Mullen.
    Sacrilege ... build a statue is what I meant to say.

vCash
    I figured you'd be trolling me back LOL

I'm all for it. Actually tho ... I would look for a James Franklin type. Need a really good offensive coordinator that then hires a really good D coordinator.

Mullen is overrated as an O coach IMO. He just is. And if Fitz doesn't progress further than he is now, then I may lean to Brian Johnson being key in that. Mullen gets credit but all his QBs outside of Dak played for Urban Meyer too. Our most creative O with lesser talent (except maybe on Oline) was in 2010 when we had another O coordinator.

I can take being competitive and losing to Ga & AU. To get annihilated 2 weeks in a row there was no reason for that IMO ... we played the national champs in 2010 better.

Next year ... everyone says we should be better next year. I expect 10 - 11 wins.

Funny thing ... you were defending Harbaugh this past week when he is in year 3. I'll agree with you on that one somewhat. However, ever since McE & Kirby started as HCs in SEC you expected them to be upper tier very first year. You were all over them when they lost and they sucked in your opinion. You questioned Franklin early on. With Dan you have infinite patience. Seems like you let your personal likes/dislikes sway your judgement somewhat.
    Bc Georgia = miss state = Florida. Yep, you right Mullen should have the same expections.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by justwin View Post
    Bc eiland is better than moon. Eiland will probably be drafted in a few years
    Eiland drafted? He's got good size and frame, but we've seen very little to judge from technique.

vCash
    Two thoughts, 1 maybe they did get reps w that combo. And 2, just maybe they think we are better w eiland at tackle and Jenkins at c, than Jenkins at tackle and moon at c??? Or maybe it's because we just play the older players*************

vCash
    I thot He lookied pretty good tpday. He didn't allow his man to do anything that hurt us that I saw.

vCash
    I was wrong today. He showed great potential but it was BYU

vCash
    The one group on byu team that is good is their dl. They are really big and really strong and our ol handled them all day. Was a good test for Eiland and he performed well.

vCash
    Looked like he did his job to me.