So yeah, Leach is terrible...

Again. Same as always.

vCash
    No.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    37-3 to cal. He's a somewhat cool guy but an awful head coach. It just is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TimberBeast View Post
    He blows some games, no doubt, buddy.... But he wins some he shouldn't have a shot at...

Oh, and he digs pirates and aliens... or something....

regardless, if that rat bastard wins 10 this year, he can pick from the UT (<9 wins) or TAMU (<10 wins) gigs...
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

Banned
    vCash
    yea, judge the dude by 1 17 up. that's the answer. always works, right?

must be the fat little girlfriends getting in his players heads.

vCash
    Haha, what? I hope you've been drinking.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    He blows some games, no doubt, buddy.... But he wins some he shouldn't have a shot at...

Oh, and he digs pirates and aliens... or something....

regardless, if that rat bastard wins 10 this year, he can pick from the UT (<9 wins) or TAMU (<10 wins) gigs...
    This is definitely upset weekend. Tell YMDL to be on his toes.

Dan too for that matter.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    What an awful take. Leach turned Texas Tech into a consistent winner (and it immediately became a bad program again once he left) and has now done the same to Washington State.

They had a 7-turnover meltdown last night, a weird, freaky, fluky performance. Of course they lost.

Banned
    vCash
    Hopefully this guy has a hangover this AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    What an awful take. Leach turned Texas Tech into a consistent winner (and it immediately became a bad program again once he left) and has now done the same to Washington State.

They had a 7-turnover meltdown last night, a weird, freaky, fluky performance. Of course they lost.
    Agree. Cal dominated the line of scrimmage and there was nothing Wazzu could do. One bad loss doesn't make Leach a bad coach. It's crazy how everybody expects coaches to be Nick Saban and basically never have a bad loss.

vCash
    I always laugh at the love Mike Leach. He had 1 very good season at TT - and finished with a 84-43 record in 10 seasons in the no defense Big 12.

It took him 4 years to win at Wasu - and is 35-35 there. And having loses like this one against Cal in year 6. Year 6!! How will they ever expect to compete? I like the guy, but he?s Hal Mumme with an eyepatch and a sword.

I also wouldn?t exactly call Wasu terrible - they have PAC titles as recent as 1997 and 2002. They had a Croomlike coach right before Leech, so he is digging out of a hole. But it still took 4 years of digging.
    Last edited by BrunswickDawg; 10-14-2017 at 08:19 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I always laugh at the love Mike Leach. He had 1 very good season at TT - and finished with a 84-43 record in 10 seasons in the no defense Big 12.

It took him 4 years to win at Wasu - and is 35-35 there. And having loses like this one against Cal in year 6. Year 6!! How will they ever expect to compete? I like the guy, but he?s Hal Mumme with an eyepatch and a sword.
    Don't ever take a look at Dan Mullen's record.... Sheesh
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mstatefan91 View Post
    Don't ever take a look at Dan Mullen's record.... Sheesh
    Yes I know his record at TT is better then Mullen?s - I still don?t think he is some incredible all round coach. His defenses are normally trash, and obviously his LOS players just got worked by Cal.

vCash

I also wouldn?t exactly call Wasu terrible - they have PAC titles as recent as 1997 and 2002. They had a Croomlike coach right before Leech, so he is digging out of a hole. But it still took 4 years of digging.
    I always thought of him as a good coach. Not great, but a decent to good coach. Nothing special.

vCash

No.

Leach had 10 good seasons at Texas Tech, making bowls in all 10 seasons and finished ranked 5 times at a program with little history. He finished 5-15 against Texas and Oklahoma when both were outstanding programs, which is as good as any coach did in the 00s.

To compare his predecessor at Washington State to Croom is an insult to Croom. Wulff went 9-40 in 4 years and routinely lost by 50 or more points. Croom sucked, but Wulff was MUCH worse. Leach had Washington State in a bowl in year 2 (I guess you just didn't research enough to know that) and 9-4 by year 4. Looks like Leach is going to have Washington State consistently ranked going forward, like he built at Texas Tech.

He's no Saban, but he's easily a top 10 coach in America. Hopefully he stays in Pullman (where he's a great fit) and doesn't end up coaching LSU, Tennessee, or Florida soon.

vCash
    I think Leach is a good coach, but Cal came to play and wanted the win worst than apparently WS did. Cal played lights out. I wish OM could have caught that buzz saw last night. lol

Banned
    vCash
    Not the football guru many of you are but any coach who talks about his players little fat girlfriends is A OK in my book and I want him in the game to get the occasional video clips so I can laugh my ass off from time to time. I think it's high time for a Leachisms web site in fact. Even when he's not cursing or going totally off, he's just somebody I enjoy watching / listening to.

vCash
    I like the guy, but he's Hal Mumme with an eyepatch and a sword
    Ha! +1

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Dumb post of the year!! I'd go as far as to say if Dan left, leach would be in my top 3.
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Dumb post of the year!! I'd go as far as to say if Dan left, leach would be in my top 3.
    No question. I doubt he'd leave Pullman for Starkville, but he'd be a home run hire for sure.

The beauty of his offense is that you don't need elite QB or WR recruits to run it. He had walkons pass for over 5,000 some of his years at Texas Tech.