Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Saban Rule is on the way

vCash

The Saban Rule is on the way

http://www.espn.com/college-football...llege-football

Saban is going to be pissed. First he gets an early signing period he didn't want and now he is going to have to limit recruiting staff to 30 people. Of course this doesn't change how many analysts he can employ though.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    All for it, it evens the playing field for the haves vs. the have nots.

vCash
    How many people currently participate in on campus recruiting?

30 sounds like an awful lot.

vCash
    Does the 25 guy signing limit help or hurt MSU?

I realize it will limit sign and place guys but it limits sign and place guys for every else as well. So what's really lost?

Seems to me that it will make it less likely that Bama or LSU can find the magical space for a guy that we want. I.e. Bulovas, OJ Smith, Nigel Knott, etc. shouldn't the 25 signing rule help us with those guys?

vCash
    The early signing period could potentially be a game changer for us. Hopefully we use it to show how the Bamas of the world slow,play a lot of these guys.

vCash
    Want to really piss him off..... set salary caps to coaching staffs.

vCash
    Way to depress Alabama Employment Rates! Oppressors!!!!!

But, MMDL be like:

"It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    I know of one who will be signing early and starting classes in January.... I am excited.....

What will be the signing dates in December?????
    Last edited by Mimi's Babies; 10-04-2017 at 06:45 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

I realize it will limit sign and place guys but it limits sign and place guys for every else as well. So what's really lost?

Seems to me that it will make it less likely that Bama or LSU can find the magical space for a guy that we want. I.e. Bulovas, OJ Smith, Nigel Knott, etc. shouldn't the 25 signing rule help us with those guys?
    I bet if you asked Dan he would say it hurts. I think the truth is it helps us. Because it's going to force Dan to not have to fallback on the "counting back" and "sign and place" excuse. It's going to force him to be more diligent with who we are recruiting and taking in our class to make sure that they qualify. That means that Hevesy is going to have to make sure the guys he takes are going to get in. It puts a lot more accountability on Dan and his staff.

It also helps because now we can IMO "place" more guys because they won't have to be in our recruiting class anymore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

What it will do is make us fill our recruiting classes, something we haven't done the last few years. What I wonder about is if you have a lot of attrition, graduations, grades, injuries and other things. How do you maintain a 85 man roster?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    What it will do is make us fill our recruiting classes, something we haven't done the last few years. What I wonder about is if you have a lot of attrition, graduations, grades, injuries and other things. How do you maintain a 85 man roster?
    The only thing you could do would be give them to walk-ons. But I think the premium will be more on players that have better grades and in theory guys that are less likely to be students that have grade issues in college. I don't know how much of an issue that would be because 25 x4 = 100 scholarships over a four year period which would give you a surplus of 15 if everyone went to college for four years. Of course, that's not the case but 25 x5 = 125 scholarships over a five year period which gives you a surplus of 40. So, it would likely have to be a massive amount of attrition for it to be an issue.

vCash
    With Hevesy and Gonzales, signing 25 or less is no problem.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I bet if you asked Dan he would say it hurts. I think the truth is it helps us. Because it's going to force Dan to not have to fallback on the "counting back" and "sign and place" excuse. It's going to force him to be more diligent with who we are recruiting and taking in our class to make sure that they qualify. That means that Hevesy is going to have to make sure the guys he takes are going to get in. It puts a lot more accountability on Dan and his staff.

It also helps because now we can IMO "place" more guys because they won't have to be in our recruiting class anymore.
    didn't I hear a while back that MSU was launching a program designed to get the MS H.S. education asses in gear? WTF happened to that?

this "grade issue" bullshit has got to stop.

vCash
    Seems like a way to take some advantage away from the Bamas of the world would be to put an end to last minute scholarship offers. Maybe my memory is exaggerating things, but it seems like we have lost out on some players over the years because of the last minute Bama offer. If you had to have all your commitable offers out at least 30 days before the Feb signing day, it would be tougher to go steal guys just to keep them from going somewhere else.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    Way to depress Alabama Employment Rates! Oppressors!!!!!

But, MMDL be like:

There have been many rules instituted because of Saban. He adapts and keeps dominating.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    didn't I hear a while back that MSU was launching a program designed to get the MS H.S. education asses in gear? WTF happened to that?

this "grade issue" bullshit has got to stop.
    This past year it was just an issue with the o-line. If you recruit guys that are grade risks a lot of times you will have less competition. Less competition = less work in recruiting for a certain coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogcountry1 View Post
    Seems like a way to take some advantage away from the Bamas of the world would be to put an end to last minute scholarship offers. Maybe my memory is exaggerating things, but it seems like we have lost out on some players over the years because of the last minute Bama offer. If you had to have all your commitable offers out at least 30 days before the Feb signing day, it would be tougher to go steal guys just to keep them from going somewhere else.
    I think the early signing period will help with that some.

Banned
    vCash
    Saban still using ex-NFL players to practice against?

vCash
    I can't help but feel something in the Ole Miss COI meeting was made attention to and this part of the results.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Saban still using ex-NFL players to practice against?
    It's allowed under NCAA rule. Cannot be angry with a man that takes the time to know and understand the rules he and everyone else is under. Then, taking advantage while others look ridiculous pointing the finger because they didn't know and act on NCAA rule.