Thread: Where did Josiah Phillips play High School football?

vCash

Where did Josiah Phillips play High School football?

The media guide says he is from Strakville and was home schooled. I found it interesting. Maybe one of you know.

Banned
    vCash
    good find Jack. looks like he just played flag football in Starkville. looks to be one hell of a guy.

http://www.hailstate.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=2734

hell of a family as well.

https://scout.com/college/mississipp...best-103100183

Banned
    vCash
    would be interested to know if he's had any playing time this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    would be interested to know if he's had any playing time this year.
    Bio says he's played in 14 games and that he's a special teams standout.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    Bio says he's played in 14 games and that he's a special teams standout.
    yep, I think that was as of last year, was wondering what he's been doing this year so far.

vCash
    He has seen some time on special teams so far

vCash
    He was home schooled
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." James "Mad Dog" Mattis, General/USMC August 2006

vCash
    His dad, Randy, was our principal at Hebron Christian School in the mid 80s. I had no clue he had worked at State as a strength coach, but I believe it. Dude was ripped and we were all afraid of him.

Senior Member Intramural All-American's Avatar
    vCash
    Josiah played with a home school high school flag-football team. There were like 3 teams in the state that they would play a few times a year. However, Mr. Randy would often ask some of my friends and other college students to come out and scrimmage them. We would go play at the SportsPlex. It was more contact than the 7 on 7 intramural football at state, as lineman were actually allowed to block, but they still used flags instead of tackling. Josiah played QB on the team.

As for the Phillips family, they are fantastic. Mr. Randy discipled many college students throughout the years, and he was very influential to many lives. The family is one of the best all-around families I've ever met, and Josiah has around 13 brothers and sisters. Mr. Randy passed away of cancer around 5 years ago.

vCash
    I met Josiah when we were both at EMCC (Mayhew campus). He's a great guy and has worked his butt off to get to where he is. I couldn't be more happy for him.
    All Aboard and Soft Landings!

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iPat09 View Post
    I met Josiah when we were both at EMCC (Mayhew campus). He's a great guy and has worked his butt off to get to where he is. I couldn't be more happy for him.
    isn't he a Jr. this year? anybody know enough about him to know if he may see some significant playing time at LB before the graduates? that would be a hell of a story.

vCash
    His birthdate stuck out to me- he was born in 1994, making him 23 years old as a junior. I guess he spent a few years in the workforce before starting college?

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogDX55 View Post
    His birthdate stuck out to me- he was born in 1994, making him 23 years old as a junior. I guess he spent a few years in the workforce before starting college?
    Not if he went to EMCC