Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NCAA BB & FBI investigation plot thickens...

Senior Member Perpetual Underachiever's Avatar
    vCash

NCAA BB & FBI investigation plot thickens...

vCash
    Burn college basketball to the ground and start over.

Banned
    vCash
    to me, a coach taking a "finders fee" for directing an athlete to a certain financial planner is not as bad as a clothing apparel company paying a kid to go to a certain school and wear their gear.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    to me, a coach taking a "finders fee" for directing an athlete to a certain financial planner is not as bad as a clothing apparel company paying a kid to go to a certain school and wear their gear.
    To me it's much worse, a coach taking money to steer a kid anywhere is as bad as it gets, simply because it's a coach.

vCash
    A subpoena doesn't "essentially guarantee" more arrest will be made. It does mean the FBI is still gathering evidence. Against whom isn't clear from the article. Maybe they are gathering more evidence on the osu guy they already arrested in case he wants to go to trial.

Gosh I can't stand Parrish. Such a DB.
    Last edited by Maroonthirteen; 10-11-2017 at 08:30 PM.

vCash
    An AAU pimp I met in Jackson, MS told me all about this 5 years ago...but the punchline was that big name and untouchable people like Coach K actually run the show. The AAU pimp told me that Coach K is the Pablo Escobar/George Soros/Sith managing the entire slimy system

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    I don't understand why people think Coach K is so above this type of stuff. He's no different than Cal. Only difference is Cal doesn't mind telling you the truth why K hides behind this college basketball is pure facade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    I don't understand why people think Coach K is so above this type of stuff. He's no different than Cal. Only difference is Cal doesn't mind telling you the truth why K hides behind this college basketball is pure facade.
    Coach K started getting involved with the one and done dance about five years ago I think. Cal tells you about it because he’s the one who basically started it all with WWW as his pimp. His sliminess helped bring down Pitino and could bring down others like Coach K and Williams. They all danced the dance just to try to stay competitive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    Coach K started getting involved with the one and done dance about five years ago I think. Cal tells you about it because he’s the one who basically started it all with WWW as his pimp. His sliminess helped bring down Pitino and could bring down others like Coach K and Williams. They all danced the dance just to try to stay competitive.
    He didn't start anything. How can he start what the NBA implimented? He just was the 1st to embrace it & for some reason fans didn't want the truth about the process. Cal didn't bring down Pitino or anybody. You're giving him way too much credit & it's just not true.

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    Here's a question I've been thinking about without being able to answer. With all of the fallout that is going on with college basketball, how does this affect Miss. State and specifically our recruiting going forward. And I'm sure some will read something into that, that I'm not implying. We have been very successful with Howland gaining the commitments from a lot of 4 stars with a few 5's thrown in, mainly from legacies.

We've been very successful to this point, so does this fallout help us to recruit even better and start getting the elite of the elite, do we take a step back and not recruit quit as well, or do we stay the same?

vCash
    Feds don't care who you are unless your last name is Clinton.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    They get away with everything. The whole world knows this unless you are a suck ass liberal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Chucklelips View Post
    Here's a question I've been thinking about without being able to answer. With all of the fallout that is going on with college basketball, how does this affect Miss. State and specifically our recruiting going forward. And I'm sure some will read something into that, that I'm not implying. We have been very successful with Howland gaining the commitments from a lot of 4 stars with a few 5's thrown in, mainly from legacies.

We've been very successful to this point, so does this fallout help us to recruit even better and start getting the elite of the elite, do we take a step back and not recruit quit as well, or do we stay the same?
    I think we stay the same. I think where we will get a push in recruiting is if we can get players like Peters, Nick W, and Perry in the league. If we can get those guys in the NBA as first round draft picks, you will see an even bigger uptick in our recruiting. I don’t think the FBI probe will have an effect on our recruiting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Chucklelips View Post

I don't see our recruiting changing. We've recruited well but we won't have a shot at elite non legacy/tie in kids until we start winning big.

vCash
    He didn't start anything. How can he start what the NBA implimented? He just was the 1st to embrace it & for some reason fans didn't want the truth about the process. Cal didn't bring down Pitino or anybody. You're giving him way too much credit & it's just not true.
    He has benefited the most from shoe companies steering recruits to his schools he has been a coach of from his days at Memphis to his days at Kentucky. He certainly laid out the blueprint of exactly what we are seeing now and what the FBI wants stopped. Nike paid Anthony Davis’ family $200k to go to Kentucky back in 2010. The Chicago Tribune even had an expose on it but they have done it dozens of times over the years there. If I was the FBI, I would focus on World Wide Wes. Not only was he long time employee of Nike but also an agent and the slimeball was able to actively recruit for Calipari at Nike events while the NCAA wouldn’t do anything about it.

vCash
    I don't see our recruiting changing. We've recruited well but we won't have a shot at elite non legacy/tie in kids until we start winning big.
    Win big and getting players to the NBA like Peters, Nick W, and Perry.

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    IYOK...I guess we don't really know how many we can sign this year until we see if any jump to NBA or have any attrition, so how do we go about recruiting when we're in a situation like this? I think we have a couple open spots now, but I guess that could go to as many as 3,4 or 5 depending on how things shake out.

How do you recruit in this type situation when you have anywhere from say 2-5 spots that may or may not be there next summer? I know we can fill those spots later on in the process, but how do you keep 4-5 star types to stay interested in your program knowing a spot may not be there in the end?

vCash
    Does everything have to turn into something political?
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    They get away with everything. The whole world knows this unless you are a suck ass liberal.
    Not talking politics, just MSU. When I was a student the CIA and NSA came to campus to recruit. They had the entire Lee Hall auditorium packed with kids ready to go fight bad guys...

They made it clear they did not want any of the motivated kids. They wanted to talk about vacation days, work life balance, and roll-over vacation days. All the "Americans" in the room just looked at each other with acknowledgement they were listening to a bunch of soulless bureaucrats. Military service and multiple languages were NOT a plus

They wanted flabby, braindead, drones, that would obsess about vacation time and office dimensions.

This Happened! At Lee Hall at MSU in the 1990's