Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
What I don't get is when soccer comes up the pro soccer guys feel they have to go out of their way to defend it. When someone says something negative about soccer they get all offended. Just look at some of the post in this thread.

In the US soccer will always be viewed like the Olympics. Every four years everyone will get excited and then they forget. It will never change. I am indifferent about it. I will watch World Cup when the US is in it. Just because I can. Got something to pull for. After that the only soccer I will see is from the road passing by the soccer field.

If someone likes it fine and if not that is fine as well. There is a lot of sports I don't watch and to be honest I would watch Soccer before NBA, NFL and MLB if that is all I have to choose from. You know I don't like volley ball but will turn the channel every time to watch women beach volley ball. "That gives me something else to pull"
It’s not like that everywhere in the US. Some of the MLS teams have fantastic followings now. Seattle, Portland, and Atlanta stand out. As for as defending it, we aren’t really defending it as pointing out that not everyone in the US could care less. That has been changing for a while now.

Now what’s REALLY funny, at least in my case, is that I actually HATE international soccer. I wish it would go away and never come back. All it’s good for is getting the best players at a big club hurt. My club just lost its best player for at least 6 weeks. It happens dang near every international window. It took me a while to understand why the phrase “We aren’t English, we’re Scouse” carried such venom among soccer fans on Merseyside. Most other big club’s fans feel the same way toward their national teams. Club soccer is the best. It’s even awesome on down the pyramids in many countries over seas, nowhere more so than England.