Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The US....

vCash

The US....

just failed to qualify for the World Cup. Disgraceful.

vCash
    No one cares

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneDawg View Post
    No one cares
    I don't care who cares, just posting. Most other boards have a thread on it.

vCash
    That's what we get for hiring Bruce Arena

It was lazy & about like Polk 2.

Of all the soccer coaches in America, I just have trouble believing that they can't find a legit coach.

vCash
    I care. They should be embarrassed. One of the worst nights in US Soccer history. Fire Bruce.

vCash
    I don't know anything about soccer, but there isn't a sport on the planet this country shouldn't be able to play for a world championship in. I do know that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Outside Dawg View Post
    I care. They should be embarrassed. One of the worst nights in US Soccer history. Fire Bruce.
    And fire whoever hired him. Any player who has national team aspirations needs to be in Europe. I'd rather see them playing for Brentford or even Southend that playing the MLS. MLS is fun to watch, but the competition is no better than third tier in Europe. It sucks but it is what it is.

vCash
    USSF needs to get in line with the rest of the world if we want to compete -
    1) force MLS to alter their schedule to August to June
    2) create a real pyramid in the US by breaking MLS into a Premier and 1st Division, assign NASL and USL to next levels
    3) start relegation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    And fire whoever hired him. Any player who has national team aspirations needs to be in Europe. I'd rather see them playing for Brentford or even Southend that playing the MLS. MLS is fun to watch, but the competition is no better than third tier in Europe. It sucks but it is what it is.
    This

USNT needs to take hiring a new coach seriously. The time for lazy hires is over. Soccer in this country has come way to far over the past 20 years to make lazy, nostalgia hires.

Whoever hired Arena should be fired with Arena & the USNT needs to go far & wide to find a Saban/Belichick type personality that can take this program to the next level.

Perhaps in the end, this will be best for the national team as the embarrassment will force much needed changes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    USSF needs to get in line with the rest of the world if we want to compete -
    1) force MLS to alter their schedule to August to June
    2) create a real pyramid in the US by breaking MLS into a Premier and 1st Division, assign NASL and USL to next levels
    3) start relegation
    Yes to all this

Senior Member Perpetual Underachiever's Avatar
    vCash
    Welp, we don't have to worry about any players kneeling at the WC***

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash
    Dammit, now I can't pull out my US soccer shirt from 4 years ago

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    I disagree. Atlanta was fun as hell to watch this season. The problem is MLS is too big and the talent pool too spread out. Break the top 15/16 into MLS Premiership, then drop the rest into MLS 1st Division. That will force teams to consolidate talent or get relegated. Let teams develop organically - like Detroit and Miami in USL have and let them their way up and develop talent and fan bases.

vCash
    The women will make it. It is their sport.

vCash
    US soccer is the Big 12 of the world.

No matter how many resources we pour into the program, we aren't to turn the corner until the culture is changed.

Germany, Netherlands, Spain, Italy, Argentina, Uruguay, & Brazil are SEC teams with real identities, toughness, & play makers, while the US is a soft, over coached team that lacks physicality & an identity.

vCash
    Hopefully soccer will soon go away. Probably not in my lifetime though.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Thank God. Maybe we're one step closer to soccer going away in the US. One can only hope. **

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    The women will make it. It is their sport.
    Agreed, it's a great sport for women. Plus you get to see some great legs in action.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Agreed, it's a great sport for women. Plus you get to see some great legs in action.
    And most are great with the scissors kick if you know what I mean.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    US soccer is the Big 12 of the world.

No matter how many resources we pour into the program, we aren't to turn the corner until the culture is changed.

Germany, Netherlands, Spain, Italy, Argentina, Uruguay, & Brazil are SEC teams with real identities, toughness, & play makers, while the US is a soft, over coached team that lacks physicality & an identity.
    Netherlands, who made the final in 2010 and the semis in 2014, failed to qualify for the 2018 WC. Hard to qualify in Europe... Meanwhile, the US can't beat teams from countries that we send missionaries to build houses for in order to qualify.