Thread: If You Were A Top QB Prospect, Would You Consider Bama?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    If Mullen had Hurts he'd look better than Fitz.
    throwing...definitely.
    Running... not a chance.

IMO of course but arguing hypotheticals is pointless I guess.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    throwing...definitely.
    Running... not a chance.

IMO of course but arguing hypotheticals is pointless I guess.
    True but I think Hurts could be a 1000yd rusher here. He's faster than Fitz.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    True but I think Hurts could be a 1000yd rusher here. He's faster than Fitz.
    Yup, Hurts is faster, stronger, more mobile and currently is throwing better...

he was just shy of 1000 yards rushing as a Frosh...
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    Yup, Hurts is faster, stronger, more mobile and currently is throwing better...

he was just shy of 1000 yards rushing as a Frosh...
    The question I have is why with all those 4 star lineman is he having to run so much?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    The question I have is why with all those 4 star lineman is he having to run so much?
    He still tucks & runs prematurely and I think he relies on his legs a bit too much, at times...

Also, the Pass Pro is not nearly where it needs to be... Run Blocking looks pretty good, though...

No.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    He still tucks & runs prematurely and I think he relies on his legs a bit too much, at times...

Also, the Pass Pro is not nearly where it needs to be... Run Blocking looks pretty good, though...
    He's better without Kiffen this year. I realize he's matured over the past year, but he seems to fit with Daboll better.

I like Tua better than Hurts. I think he throws a better ball.

This whole thread is pointless anyway, since Shotgun posted an opinion with his mind already made up. Anyone that wouldn't want to play or send their kid to play at Bama under Saban is retarded. You want to play in big games and there is no other place to almost guarantee that than at Bama.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    He's better without Kiffen this year. I realize he's matured over the past year, but he seems to fit with Daboll better.

I like Tua better than Hurts. I think he throws a better ball.

This whole thread is pointless anyway, since Shotgun posted an opinion with his mind already made up. Anyone that wouldn't want to play or send their kid to play at Bama under Saban is retarded. You want to play in big games and there is no other place to almost guarantee that than at Bama.
    tUA! tUA! tUA!

No.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    Anyone that wouldn't want to play or send their kid to play at Bama under Saban is retarded.
    Jameis Winston grew up a Bama fan in Mobile. He wanted to go there. But all Jimbo Fisher had to do to get him to go to FSU was to tell him to look at the history of NOT putting guys in the NFL. You don't get better by handing the ball off every play in the 4th quarter up by 35 points. I'd say it was NOT a "retarded" move. I'd say he's actually pretty smart because he is a starter in the NFL, and the best QB Saban has ever put in the NFL is a career benchwarmer. Winston developed at FSU.

I'd say if you were a legit NFL potential talent, you'd be wasting your shot at being the NFL by going to Bama. But hey, I'm just going by the numbers. Saban is 0-fer when it comes to his QBs becoming starters in the NFL. Compare Mullen's track record, who has put Josh Harris, 14 year vet and #1 pick Alex Smith (who by the way was the current pro bowl starter), Heisman Trophy Winner and NFL starter Tim Tebow, and some guy named Dak who went on to have arguably the greatest rookie year for a QB in NFL history and currently has more endorsement deals than any other player in the NFL. He also started in the pro bowl. Saban has, well, his lone QB currently in the league has his own restaurant. No major endorsement deals, but nobody really wants that anyway, right? What people really dream of is owning their own restaurant. If that's your dream, Saban is right up your alley!
    Last edited by MSUDAWGFAN; 10-10-2017 at 08:10 AM.