Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Game day experience must-dos

vCash
    Strange Brew- coffee/breakfast
    Lil Dooey- because it’s always hyped and is cool
    Junction tailgating
    And you’ll love that ass beating at Davis Wade.

vCash

Stay Here:

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/2093056...-15&s=agIYucFa

And then walk to all the places mentioned in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by BYUfan View Post
    Hey Dawg fans,

BYU fan here, even though our team is atrocious this year I still decided to come to next week's game b/c it's not that often that we play at an SEC venue (I don't count the LSU neutral site game).

Anyway, just wondering if ya'll (did I say that right?) have any suggestions for game-day stuff to do. Where to buy a cow-bell, where to tail-gate, where to eat, etc. Being a BYU fan any tips about the best brew in town will be wasted, but other than that, I'd love to hear anything you can tell me. See you all there Saturday, and tell Mullen not to beat up on my Cougs too bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BYUfan View Post
    Hey Dawg fans,

BYU fan here, even though our team is atrocious this year I still decided to come to next week's game b/c it's not that often that we play at an SEC venue (I don't count the LSU neutral site game).

Anyway, just wondering if ya'll (did I say that right?) have any suggestions for game-day stuff to do. Where to buy a cow-bell, where to tail-gate, where to eat, etc. Being a BYU fan any tips about the best brew in town will be wasted, but other than that, I'd love to hear anything you can tell me. See you all there Saturday, and tell Mullen not to beat up on my Cougs too bad.
    Stuff to do:
    Maroon Madness will be in Humphrey Coliseum Friday night. (Think Basketball season pep rally)
    Check out Rick's cafe for live music Friday and Saturday Night
    Tour campus after the game
    Drive around North Farm (research crops) and South Farm (research animals) if you have time to kill
    The Cotton District is the main bar scene for Starkville. Still neat just to go walk around even if you won't be drinking. Pretty good food in that area.

Where to Eat:
    Breakfast - Starkville Cafe or City Bagel
    BBQ - Petty's or Little Dooey's
    Hamburger - Mugshots or Bulldog Burger
    Casual lunch, fancy dinner - Veranda, Restaurant Tyler, or Cappe's
    Pizza - Dave's, Stromboli's, or Lost Pizza Co(Dave's is a sketchy looking bar with great pizza, but it takes a while to make)
    Random Restaurants to grab a great casual lunch - Oby's, Bin 612, Two Brothers

Cowbell:
    Maroon and Co
    The Lodge
    Barnes and Noble

Tailgate:
    The Junction

One thing people either forget about or don't know about is the Alumni Tent in the Junction. Any fans (home, away, alumni, kids, students, whoever) are welcome to come through the tent and grab a free plate of food and a drink. They will probably be serving some sort of breakfast casserole for an 11 am kickoff. You can't miss the tents. They will be two giant black top tents in the junction closest to the jumbotron that has "Mississippi State" on the back.

Hope you enjoy your time here in Starkville!

vCash
    Two Brother's - get the Tacos. Moe's for BBQ (downtown) - get the ribs, Starkville Cafe for breakfast (Saturday) City Bagel for breakfast (Sunday) Strange Brew for coffee/ice cream as well as the MAFES store for ice cream, cheese and other items. MAFES store is right by the Junction and sits across the street from the prettiest structure on campus (Dorman Hall). If there's one building you'll want to tour on campus it's this one....has a small but VERY nice auditorium on the 1st floor.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by InTheIttaBenaHotSun View Post
    Two Brother's - get the Tacos. Moe's for BBQ (downtown) - get the ribs, Starkville Cafe for breakfast (Saturday) City Bagel for breakfast (Sunday) Strange Brew for coffee/ice cream as well as the MAFES store for ice cream, cheese and other items. MAFES store is right by the Junction and sits across the street from the prettiest structure on campus (Dorman Hall). If there's one building you'll want to tour on campus it's this one....has a small but VERY nice auditorium on the 1st floor.
    Yeah, absolutely gorgeous ....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Yeah, absolutely gorgeous ....
    Excellent!
    Lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I kind of joke because we are a Castle Law state. Basically you can fire your weapon and then ask questions. However if you are broke down on the side of the road some guy in a truck is going to help. So If you need help we will help but if you need killing we will kill you.
    Wonderfully written and so accurate... +1

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Jack Lambert again.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Go to Two Brothers in the Cotton District to eat at least one meal while you are in town. Order the Pulled Pork Grilled Cheese and Debris Fries and thank me afterwards.