Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sunday Morning QB- Off Week Edition

vCash
    Is there a fix for the great divide that is happening in college football? How do we compete at get highest level, will UNM's journey through the valley of death afford us the opportunity to amass enough talent to compete?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    It's so frustrating with our WR situation that we only managed to sign Austin Williams last year. That's just a horrible job by the staff.
    WR recruiting and to a lesser extent OL recruiting is why we still can't play with the elite teams of the league. When you play the top teams you can't just keep putting your defense right back on the field over and over without possessing the ball. And our running game against these type teams would be so much better if there was at least a threat in our passing game to keep them honest but there's not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    It's so frustrating with our WR situation that we only managed to sign Austin Williams last year. That's just a horrible job by the staff.
    Please... for love of God. Let it go already.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Their worst recruiting class in the last 5 years is 7th by 247. Tell me how they are talent deficient? Other than they can't develop a QB, they should have more talent at every position.
    Because rankings aren't the end-all-be-all, good players are good players no matter what 247 says. I know they are the best we got but shit they still are batting at about a 60% clip

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    LSU starts 3 freshman on the OL- we start 1. We don't start any freshman at WR
    Boy, what I wouldn't give to have some freshmen WRs that could play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Please... for love of God. Let it go already.
    Why let it go? Its the biggest problem with our football team. Because we have no WR threats its becoming even difficult to run the ball because the line is stacked.

vCash
    Both our tackles are freshmen now and that is a lot tougher position to play than guard unless they move some guys around so Eiland doesn’t play. Other than Gray our WRs aren’t very experienced either. It is just funny that you will make excuses for LSU but not State. Still comes down to LSU has more talent everywhere but QB.
    Charles was having to play LT yesterday for LSU because of injuries. True freshman- not redshirt like Eiland. And Charles played Academy ball last year and is having to adjust to the highest level of trench warfare in college football.

Mixon is in his 3rd year
    Myles is a 5th year guy
    Jackson is a 4th year guy.
    Jordan Thomas is a Sr
    Aeris is a 4th year player
    D. Thomas is in his 3rd year

We arent inexperienced. We have a bunch of guys that have been competing vs SEC players for 3 or more years. We are a completely veteran team
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Their worst recruiting class in the last 5 years is 7th by 247. Tell me how they are talent deficient? Other than they can't develop a QB, they should have more talent at every position.
    I'm not talking recruiting rankings- I'm talking players on the field. LSU didnt have more talent than us on the field when we played them

vCash
    Butch lost to UGA and UF. He will get blasted at Bama. He could go 9-3 and I still think they?d fire him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by missouridawg View Post
    Butch lost to UGA and UF. He will get blasted at Bama. He could go 9-3 and I still think they?d fire him.
    Gonna cost them about $13MM to make that happen this year

vCash
    I'm not talking recruiting rankings- I'm talking players on the field. LSU didnt have more talent than us on the field when we played them
    After 3+ weeks, I believe this is Coach34's first acknowledgement of our win over LSU.

But sure enough, it's no big deal that we beat them because we have more talent.

vCash
    It's always good to beat LSU. Always a good win when we do it

I'm arguing with the people saying they are struggling because of Orgeron. Much like when I defended Kirby Smart- sometimes its the talent on the field holding coaches back. When you look at LSU on the field- nobody with football knowledge sees them as a top 5 SEC talented football team. That's my point. I feel the draft the next couple of years will bear that out.

It's up to O to recruit more trench guys and other talent to get back where they need to be. I feel like we will be just as talented as they are next year also

vCash
    It's always good to beat LSU. Always a good win when we do it

I'm arguing with the people saying they are struggling because of Orgeron. Much like when I defended Kirby Smart- sometimes its the talent on the field holding coaches back. When you look at LSU on the field- nobody with football knowledge sees them as a top 5 SEC talented football team. That's my point. I feel the draft the next couple of years will bear that out.

It's up to O to recruit more trench guys and other talent to get back where they need to be. I feel like we will be just as talented as they are next year also
    What does this say about your boy, McE, who you have praised all along?

vCash
    Mac is in Year 3- they should be better offensively than they are. No excuses. But it is weird they have lost their starting QB every year he has been there

vCash
    Mac is in Year 3- they should be better offensively than they are. No excuses. But it is weird they have lost their starting QB every year he has been there
    And that's huge. Imagine us losing Fitz or Ole Miss losing Shea.

And QB is a big LSU problem. Their worst job of recruiting and developing has been at the most important position on the field.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    And that's huge. Imagine us losing Fitz or Ole Miss losing Shea.

And QB is a big LSU problem. Their worst job of recruiting and developing has been at the most important position on the field.
    Franks played in game 1 vs Michigan and the entire tenn game before del rio got his first action vs Kentucky.

vCash
    LSU starts 3 freshman on the OL- we start 1. We don't start any freshman at WR
    Just looked at LSU depth chart and it shows 1 senior, 3 juniors, and 1 freshman starting on the Oline. They do have several freshmen on the 2 deep. Their defense is at least as experienced as ours. Their RBs are very experienced. Their WRs are 2 seniors and a sophomore. I don't see how we have more experience and talent than them. It seems that it was purely out coaching and we wanted it more.

vCash
    Just looked at LSU depth chart and it shows 1 senior, 3 juniors, and 1 freshman starting on the Oline. They do have several freshmen on the 2 deep. Their defense is at least as experienced as ours. Their RBs are very experienced. Their WRs are 2 seniors and a sophomore. I don't see how we have more experience and talent than them. It seems that it was purely out coaching and we wanted it more.
    Interesting find there, Tbone.

vCash
    LSU was playing 3 freshmen on their OL Saturday vs Florida. Thats a fact. aGAIN- Calhoun is better than Charles- and name two of their OL guys better than Rankin and Jenkins? I'm waiting

Their Sr WR's are not getting drafted and have 58 career receptions between them- and that includes their 20+ this season.

That was my whole point- What they put on the field is not more talented than we are

vCash
    LSU was playing 3 freshmen on their OL Saturday vs Florida. Thats a fact. aGAIN- Calhoun is better than Charles- and name two of their OL guys better than Rankin and Jenkins? I'm waiting

Their Sr WR's are not getting drafted and have 58 career receptions between them- and that includes their 20+ this season.

That was my whole point- What they put on the field is not more talented than we are
    Why were you so high on them preseason then?