Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sunday Morning QB- Off Week Edition

vCash

Sunday Morning QB- Off Week Edition

1. Looks like Rankin will be out at least for BYU- maybe longer. Having the off week plus BYU coming out of it is huge for us. Allows us time to get whomever in there for 2 weeks reps and then they aren't facing an SEC DL out the chute. I think it's Eiland if they think Rankin is out short term. If they are thinking long term- you would almost have to see Jenkins at LT. Something to watch Saturday.

2. Funny watching all these Landshark fans trying to convince themselves that winning the 2nd half vs Auburn is something to build on. A few State fans tried that in 2016. Good luck Landsharks- you simply arent very good. Offense is one-dimensional and the D is awful. Somebody stole that defensive playbook that stops all offenses.

3. I dont like Kentucky and A&M getting off weeks before playing us. Thats also something to watch. Both teams will be tough outs moving forward. I like to think we are better than Kentucky plus at home- but nothing will surprise me this season. Our offense isnt explosive and that hurts.

4. I hate you Bama. Top recruiting class after top recruiting class. It's killing college football and particularly- the SEC

5. Missouri needs to move to the Big 12

6. McElwain better get some offense by next season or the BullGators will run him off.

7. LSU is not struggling because O is their coach- they are struggling because they lack experienced OL players and WR's- plus defensive injuries. Big difference in their D yesterday with some new blood on the field. If O is still struggling in Year 3- then it's O.

8. I hope Auburn beats Georgia to create one helluva an Iron Bowl.

9. Boom has SC improving- great win yesterday. Looks like he is a better fit in SC than Fla. SC people love him right now

10. Bert- not so much. I dont see him getting run off this year- but they better make a little noise next year or they will calling more than the Hogs in Arkansas.

11. Vandy tried to out schedule State for the toughest 3 week run? Bama, @Florida, Georgia. Go have some fun at The Groooooove this week Dores.

12. Bama is killing the SEC

13. Important 4 weeks for us. Got to get these next 2 to get some momentum heading to College Station. Will set up another big game with some national excitement if A&M can beat Fla in the Swamp Saturday. Both teams will be 5-2 coming in.

14. Does Butch save his job with the run he has coming up? SC, @Bama, @ Kentucky. This 3 game stretch decides his fate I believe. Anything less than 2-1 and he is gone.

HailState
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    8. I?ll be fine with either team winning that auburn Georgia game bc it will set up a huge show down with Bama either way.

You were right on Georgia

vCash
    It's so frustrating with our WR situation that we only managed to sign Austin Williams last year. That's just a horrible job by the staff.

vCash
    +1 on 4 & 12.

vCash
    Tennessee is probably going to go 8-4 for the third straight year. That'll be their best 3-year stretch since 2002-04. I don't think Butch is a great coach or anything, but their fans have some unrealistic expectations.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    1. Looks like Rankin will be out at least for BYU- maybe longer. Having the off week plus BYU coming out of it is huge for us. Allows us time to get whomever in there for 2 weeks reps and then they aren't facing an SEC DL out the chute. I think it's Eiland if they think Rankin is out short term. If they are thinking long term- you would almost have to see Jenkins at LT. Something to watch Saturday.

2. Funny watching all these Landshark fans trying to convince themselves that winning the 2nd half vs Auburn is something to build on. A few State fans tried that in 2016. Good luck Landsharks- you simply arent very good. Offense is one-dimensional and the D is awful. Somebody stole that defensive playbook that stops all offenses.

3. I dont like Kentucky and A&M getting off weeks before playing us. Thats also something to watch. Both teams will be tough outs moving forward. I like to think we are better than Kentucky plus at home- but nothing will surprise me this season. Our offense isnt explosive and that hurts.

4. I hate you Bama. Top recruiting class after top recruiting class. It's killing college football and particularly- the SEC

6. McElwain better get some offense by next season or the BullGators will run him off.

7. LSU is not struggling because O is their coach- they are struggling because they lack experienced OL players and WR's- plus defensive injuries. Big difference in their D yesterday with some new blood on the field. If O is still struggling in Year 3- then it's O.

9. Boom has SC improving- great win yesterday. Looks like he is a better fit in SC than Fla. SC people love him right now

10. Bert- not so much. I dont see him getting run off this year- but they better make a little noise next year or they will calling more than the Hogs in Arkansas.

11. Vandy tried to out schedule State for the toughest 3 week run? Bama, @Florida, Georgia. Go have some fun at The Groooooove this week Dores.

13. Important 4 weeks for us. Got to get these next 2 to get some momentum heading to College Station. Will set up another big game with some national excitement if A&M can beat Fla in the Swamp Saturday. Both teams will be 5-2 coming in.

14. Does Butch save his job with the run he has coming up? SC, @Bama, @ Kentucky. This 3 game stretch decides his fate I believe. Anything less than 2-1 and he is gone.

HailState
    7. LSU has recruited better than us and Troy so players aren’t an excuse just like when we lost to South Alabama.

vCash

HailState
    Bama is killing college football in general. Having 5 or so teams that might win the National title makes it a lot more boring.

Banned
    vCash
    Based on resumes year to date, I'm having a hard time wondering why people are worrying about the KY & AR games. I know most anybody can beat most anybody on any given Sat, but I think the worrying is uncalled for at this point. Of course I'll be more or less confident depending on how we perform against BYU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    7. LSU has recruited better than us and Troy so players aren’t an excuse just like when we lost to South Alabama.
    not when those players aren't on the field and you have freshmen playing Jr's and Sr's

vCash
    Bama is killing college football in general. Having 5 or so teams that might win the National title makes it a lot more boring.
    It's always been that way.

vCash

HailState
    3. Kentucky is bad

vCash
    Try explaining 7 to the corndogs. They don't want O. But they are stuck with them for at least 2 more years. Noticed yesterday they started moving away from that Miles hand off to the RB every play offense.

vCash
    #2 Watching OM play football feels like Christmas morning every Saturday.

vCash
    not when those players aren't on the field and you have freshmen playing Jr's and Sr's
    Making excuses for LSU now... smh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgface View Post
    +1 on 4 & 12.
    I said this 2 years ago and was told I was crazy by this board. Now I MAY actually be crazy but you could see this coming a mile away. Basically, to win an SEC championship or play in one of the big bowls you have to have a perfect season. You have to beat Bama and you can’t drop any other SEC game or Bama will jump you.

Kind of takes the fun out of it all.

vCash
    So us having freshmen on OL and WR is the same only our freshmen aren’t as talented.

vCash
    So us having freshmen on OL and WR is the same only our freshmen aren’t as talented.
    LSU starts 3 freshman on the OL- we start 1. We don't start any freshman at WR

vCash
    LSU starts 3 freshman on the OL- we start 1. We don't start any freshman at WR
    Both our tackles are freshmen now and that is a lot tougher position to play than guard unless they move some guys around so Eiland doesn’t play. Other than Gray our WRs aren’t very experienced either. It is just funny that you will make excuses for LSU but not State. Still comes down to LSU has more talent everywhere but QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Making excuses for LSU now... smh
    No excuses- just facts. Their isn't loaded with draft picks as they have been in the past

vCash
    No excuses- just facts. Their isn't loaded with draft picks as they have been in the past
    Their worst recruiting class in the last 5 years is 7th by 247. Tell me how they are talent deficient? Other than they can't develop a QB, they should have more talent at every position.